blazer lowering questions - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
blazer lowering questions
Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:48 PM
I just got a 2000 2wd blazer. I ordered the belltech spindles from summit for the blazer/jimmy but now I have heard that you cannot run a 17x8 inch wheel on the front because it will hit. Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Id like to run 17x8's with 4.5 inch backspacing all around with the same tires so I can rotate them but if the spindle is going to hit I may have to go with 7's and 8's. Any and all information and help is appreciated.

Re: blazer lowering questions
Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:13 PM
www.s10forums.com

www.s10forums.com

RE Audio
Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:45 PM
You will be ok with the 4.5 inch backspacing on 17x8's up to a 4 inch drop. The suggested tire size to run is a 255/50/17 . You can run that on all 4 corners. Have fun with the blazer, mine is lots of fun.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 11:17 PM
That would be false cause the ZQ8 wheel is 8.5" wide.

-Brandon

Sunday, June 04, 2006 5:50 AM
redecocav wrote:That would be false cause the ZQ8 wheel is 8.5" wide.

Also doesn't run on lowered spindles and also a 16" wheel (personally don't think they are a 8.5" wheel either but can't find any hard data to confirm this as my dads truck running the ZQ8 suspension doesn't have that wide of a tire/rim combo). The Belltech guys took the OEM Spindles and moved the centerline higher on the spindle body to lower it this creates an point of interference, typically the bottom side of the spindle, with the inside edge of the rim and tire.

Be glad you got the 2000, they changed the spindle design in 2001 and went to a hub assembly for the fronts on the 2wd. What are you doing about the backs? Please don't say blocks as they are okay on a 1" but not much more, you start changing the fulcrum point and it is bad.

I ended with a 3/3 drop and loved it, Put over 50K on it before I had tog et rid of it, saw it the other day still onthe road (though in less loved condition).

Sunday, June 04, 2006 10:53 AM
redecocav wrote:That would be false cause the ZQ8 wheel is 8.5" wide.

first off he said nothing of the 16" zq8 wheel so i dunno where that came into the picture from he is asking about a 17x8 with 4.5 BS with what sounds like only a 2" drop but witht he info sommer gave will be fine up to a 4" drop up front...jszut so u guys know i got rid of the pt and now have me a 99 4dr blazer so i am a bit up to date on all this stuff hell here is a link to tony's post on s10forum about correct wheel/ tire and BS option for each drop http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49477 98+ bl;azers info is near the bottom of the first post...... anyways as sommer said i hope u have fun with your blaze i know i am with mine(and will be even more so once i get it dropped on 20's

joshey
Sunday, June 04, 2006 6:59 PM
i had a blazer back in the day with a 5/7 drop. you're gonna like it man. haha, i still have those damn tailights around here somewere.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:39 PM
Lash wrote:www.s10forums.com

www.s10forums.com

no S.

s10forum.com

http://www.s10forum.com

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Monday, June 05, 2006 9:59 AM
Alright thanks for the help guys. The rear I am going to use a 3" block. I had a 3" block in the back of my old s10 I had and never any problems with it. I looked on the s10forum.com before I asked here and saw mixed reviews about whether or not the wheels would work so I figured asking a different source would help me out. You guys answered my question so now I can order some wheels. Ill be sure to post pics after some wheels and the drop.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search