I need the ORG's help, is this a good deal??? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need the ORG's help, is this a good deal???
Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:23 PM
Alright, went to go get my oil changed and saw a beauty of a car sitting in the lot. Black 2003 Mustang GT. 36,000 miles, mint paint, tan leather interior, premium sound system, runs great, interior is spotless. And the sticker price is $12,599. Talked to one of the salesmen about it, and it seems like quite a good upgrade from my Sunfire and not that bad on price. Please let me know what you guys think, KBB lists it at $17,500. Also how much do you think a '98 sunfire with 59,000 miles would get? I know probably not that much(unless I part out all the aftermarket stuff), but it could be a good chunk of a down payment. Comments, Suggestion, please!!!!!
This isn't the exact car, but I found one identical to it on Cardomain.

Re: I need the ORG's help, is this a good deal???
Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:13 PM
I would do it, you will at least get a few thousand out of the sunfire. You will get a better deal if you sell it out right to somebody instead of the dealer though. I have always loved mustangs especially GTs.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:20 PM
if you dont do it i will kill you

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:28 PM
themarin8r wrote:if you dont do it i will kill you
Now that's the kind of peer pressure I've been looking for.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:29 PM
Is the stang a 5 speed? The auto's seem to go a lot cheaper than the manuals...

It does seem like a decent price. I would have a carfax ran on it. I think you'd probably be lucky to get 2k trade in on your sunfire.
Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:00 PM

dude buy it.
if themarin8r doesn't kill you than I will, and I'll piss on his grave.
that's a sweet deal !!!!

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built jeep
Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:29 PM
Um i dont even like mustangs and i say take that deal. A 03 GT with low miles for 12k??? You better take that deal

Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:39 PM
seems good

-Borsty
Saturday, June 03, 2006 4:41 PM
Lets look at the chart, Jim ...

C6 Z06 > God > ... > LS1 > ... > Yaris > ... > V8 Mustangs > Sunfire > V6 Mustangs

General overview.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:05 PM
where do thrid gen f bods fit into that?

-Borsty
Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:54 PM
Somewhere between the LS1 and a Yaris.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 6:44 PM
Jeremy, that stang looks pretty sweet. They sound hella sweet too

The only thing that is bothering me is that, that mustang looks to only have single outlet exhaust?
whats the deal? Are my eyes seing right. You gotta fix that if you buy that car.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Saturday, June 03, 2006 7:24 PM
drivemybrosZ24 wrote:Jeremy, that stang looks pretty sweet. They sound hella sweet too

The only thing that is bothering me is that, that mustang looks to only have single outlet exhaust?
whats the deal? Are my eyes seing right. You gotta fix that if you buy that car.

Thats not the actual car, only something close I found at Cardomain. I'm on my way to the dealership to get the VIN number, I'll snap some pics if its still light out. It has duel exhaust, and its actually a 2002. But still a V8, and I drove it for 2 hours this evening. Come Monday, I'm probably gonna seal the deal.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 9:20 PM
Well just got back from the dealership and a soda run. Here's some night pics of the Mustang, and I have the VIN if anyone has carfax to check it. My brother played football against the guy who used to own it, so I should find out a little more tommorow. The car is really dirty, and the pics are blurry cause it was dark and no tri-pod.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:08 PM
Wonder what's wrong with it if it's cheap

Rest In Peace, Saint.
He's your god, they're your rules, YOU burn in hell!!
Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:41 PM
Alexis wrote:Wonder what's wrong with it if it's cheap
It's a Ford.

Monday, June 05, 2006 5:34 AM
BUY IT!!! Great car to get the price isn't to bad. Still try to bring him down a bit. I really hope its a manual.

Let us know what you decided to do.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Monday, June 05, 2006 5:46 AM
Jeremy (UNDSunfire) wrote:
Now that's the kind of peer pressure I've been looking for.

Its like I always say......... "Its not peer presure, Its just your turn"

Monday, June 05, 2006 8:00 AM
Alexis wrote:Wonder what's wrong with it if it's cheap

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. One of my friends recently sold his Mustang GT for around $12,000, and it was this same car, but 3 years older (2000).

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, June 05, 2006 8:04 AM
Sounds like a helluva deal to me. negotiate on it a lil bit and see what they wanna do. but dont wait around either if you want it. someone will snag it right out from under you at that price. Not a bad car. better then a sunfire for sure. best of luck.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, June 05, 2006 4:35 PM
Make sure the dealer washes and waxes it before you do buy it. Both cars I have bought had something wrong with the paint and we didn't notice it while at the dealer. One just had scratches and stuff and the other had paint overspray all over the car. Besides the whole paint thing, they should make it look nice before you buy it. It looks really good man; buy it.

Monday, June 05, 2006 4:39 PM
Depressing news:

Carfaxed it and found numerous problems, told the dealership about it and they finally caved in and told me the truth. It's a salvage car that was totaled and completely repainted. It was sad handing them the keys back, but I am not defeated yet. I'm going to the Minneapolis area next month in search of another one. So I'll keep you guys updated, and prolly have some stuff off my Sunfire for sale this summer. Thanks for all the support, and the comments.

Monday, June 05, 2006 5:45 PM
^ MENNAPOLIS SWEET ...lll keep an eye out for a good deal for ya here..i always come across good deals....

Monday, June 05, 2006 7:51 PM
ill keep my eyes open also, i live close by

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:48 AM
Jeremy (UNDSunfire) wrote:Depressing news:

Carfaxed it and found numerous problems, told the dealership about it and they finally caved in and told me the truth. It's a salvage car that was totaled and completely repainted. It was sad handing them the keys back, but I am not defeated yet. I'm going to the Minneapolis area next month in search of another one. So I'll keep you guys updated, and prolly have some stuff off my Sunfire for sale this summer. Thanks for all the support, and the comments.

Stupid @$$ stealership.......they tried to screw you big time. Im so glad you ran a carfax. Dont worry you will find the right car....its out there somewhere. Keep us posted.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search