new car update; - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new car update;
Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:38 PM
hey, i used to have a 00 grand am se2.4 that i was in the process of modding... about to dump 4k into mods and figured, hey, why not something new...

wound up with an 05 srt4

putting 342 to the wheels untuned and without a fuel return kit at the moment, ran out of fuel

mods include;

kinetic motorsport 50 trim turbo @ 18 psi
exhaust depot superbeast front mount intercooler
stainless steel piping, tial bov, 3 inch intake, open downpipe, yadda yadda, 750 cc injectors walbro fuel pump... and a bunch of other crap...

so... meh... it's just a neon but it's hella fun to drive,a ltho i do wish i made an attempt at modding out the grand am further then i did, oh well, every other forum hates this car maybe some 4cyl people will appreciate it =P

Re: new car update;
Friday, June 02, 2006 6:22 AM
I too hate those cars........but you have to respect...they put down numbers haha.

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:49 AM
DropTopPaul wrote:I too hate those cars........but you have to respect...they put down numbers haha.

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:08 AM
yes they do, i use to want one, but then i saw alot of them started having tranny problems.

" ..TQ is SPEED, HP is BRAGGING RIGHTS.. "

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:21 AM
solid numbers, but like slept-n stated, b-ware the tranny
Friday, June 02, 2006 7:31 AM
no matter how many numbers it puts out it's still a neon...id rather have the grand am. i perobley shouldnt say that now that i own dodge (which i am in love with)......i allmost bhought a grand am gt...thats actully what i orignally wanted....

Friday, June 02, 2006 12:28 PM
Ylime wrote:no matter how many numbers it puts out it's still a neon...id rather have the grand am. i perobley shouldnt say that now that i own dodge (which i am in love with)......i allmost bhought a grand am gt...thats actully what i orignally wanted....

LOL oh yea because a grandam just screams fast. this thing has SOOOO much more potential than a grand am its not even funny.
that car is pretty bad my buddy is putting a 50 trim kit on his, those things respond very well to mods. another friend ran a 11.8 at sea level with just downpipe, fuel rail, fuel pump, a 75 shot and a little tuning. awesome little cars, good choice.
Friday, June 02, 2006 2:37 PM
sweet ride. the transmission just needs a clutch upgrade to keep up with the power and the motor can hold like 500Hp right? smart move in the long run i think. oh i don't hate the car i hate the people who think their king kong and unbeatable.
Friday, June 02, 2006 2:38 PM
it looks good my friend... im starting to see more of them around here, and i like the color too!

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Friday, June 02, 2006 4:14 PM
I like them

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:01 PM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:
Ylime wrote:no matter how many numbers it puts out it's still a neon...id rather have the grand am. i perobley shouldnt say that now that i own dodge (which i am in love with)......i allmost bhought a grand am gt...thats actully what i orignally wanted....

LOL oh yea because a grandam just screams fast. this thing has SOOOO much more potential than a grand am its not even funny.
that car is pretty bad my buddy is putting a 50 trim kit on his, those things respond very well to mods. another friend ran a 11.8 at sea level with just downpipe, fuel rail, fuel pump, a 75 shot and a little tuning. awesome little cars, good choice.
im talking looks not speed....if i wanted speendi would get a neon anyways thought.....

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:50 PM
yeah a stage3 clutch is coming soon for it, and yes stock internals hold 500whp `safely`

lol hate from a jbody board, this car gets NO respect... i remember when i was a little kid at the nyias when they debut the neon the first year WAY back when (i have video of it) i remember saying...

HOLY CHRIST WHAT A GIRLS CAR who would drive one!?!?!

so many years later.... driving my own hahaha..... but seriously, everyone who hates this car, gets in, comes for a ride, and they still hate it after the ride, but they respect what it does ;P

and yes

IT IS STILL A NEON

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:06 PM
Nice. I like the SRT-4s. Good numbers you are putting down too.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 1:38 PM
I too, like the SRT-4. A buddy of mine has a red one and its pretty quick.

-Brandon

Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:03 PM
Nice ride! There are a lot running around town here.

You gotta just ignore some of the hardcore GM people on this site.....they tend to have a one track mind.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:10 AM
Cracks me up how people say "its still just a neon" yet they are driving "just a cavalier" or "just a sunfire"

Nice car, they do put down good numbers. I like the color a lot. I love the fact that around here I have not seen 1 that color. When I was back home I saw one at a dealer like that. I wanted it. I've not seen many at all like those driving around.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:40 AM
Ylime wrote:no matter how many numbers it puts out ...it's still a neonid rather have the grand am. i perobley shouldnt say that now that i own dodge (which i am in love with)......i allmost bhought a grand am gt...thats actully what i orignally wanted....

lol firenza.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:20 PM
i dont drive the firenza every day...i actully have a dodge (LOLOLO)...as my dd...the firenza is a project and cannot be compaired to a neon.......i mean how many firenzas are ther compared to neons......

Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:52 PM
i have a 97 peon coupe ... decent cars...better even dare i say a crapalier in some respects

nice buy man, but i hate that color its no Le-mans Sunset thats for sure

Sunday, June 04, 2006 9:11 PM
I just test drove an 05 putting down similar numbers, closer to 320ish. It was my buddies car he traded in for a new TL, anyways the the SRT-4 was a blast to drive. Not something id wanna drive on a long trip though.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Monday, June 05, 2006 5:09 AM
Good call. I am looking into an SRT-4 or similar in the next month or so. Can't wait to be rid of my cavalier.

Monday, June 05, 2006 9:25 AM
Very nice ride..................Just saw a bunch of them running at the track, 3 of them unmodified, and those were running nice times!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search