Just bought a Aveo - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just bought a Aveo
Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:16 PM
well, my wife needed a car and i picked up a 05 w/ 21k miles for 10 grand. the warranty carried over, seems like a nice little car. good gas milage, but it has the gonads of a geo metro. I like it so far, and finally have a 4 door to stick the car seat for the little one in(2 door cavy sucks for that).

however, the bad news is, my car will cease to be modified as i now have yet another car payment and higher insurance to boot. so, the cavy will stay slightly modified and wont get any goodies till i get a better job i guess

Re: Just bought a Aveo
Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:00 PM
Oh man ...

Congrats.

I guess.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:31 PM
lol im surprised there was no yaris comment.

so.

yaris.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:35 PM
shoulda bought a yaris

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:41 PM
u can get a new one for 10k

Best Time 15.917 at 86.86MPH

Thursday, June 01, 2006 7:47 PM
well, this was a fully loaded LT, with an auto. they are actually closer to 13k new. kelly bluebook was 11,700...so, i didnt think 10k was a bad deal, sticker price was 11900. i didnt get a screaming deal, and belive me, i woulda rather had a yaris, the problem is my wife has HORRIBLE credit, so the signing and everything has to be done by me. i was lucky to get approved by GMAC where i have my 05 cavy signed to. I have a job that pays minimum wage, so without a co signer its hard to convince them to give you a loan with 0 down. that and the job that pays minimum wage i dont even start till next week, so i am technically unemployed at the moment.

so, not a great deal. but, one that will have to do with my financing lack of options and the fact that she starts her new job next week and its 20 miles from here, so walking to work when i cant give her a ride is no longer an option

anyone had any personal experience with these things?

Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:31 PM
Just wait until you see how much that heap breaks down, lol. I see those things everyday in work for the dumbest reasons from shocks, A/C not working, random engine lights, etc. Great car for gas mileage, but it'll cost more in the long run to maintain.
Thursday, June 01, 2006 9:02 PM
Personally I don't understand why a car that gets 26/35 (5-speed) & 24/34 (Auto) is "good for gas," was your previous auto a Dodge Ram SRT-10? For such a tiny car, it chugs gas.
Locally on Saturday's paper I've seen new 2006s LTs advertised for $11K.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:53 PM
^^^he is right, compared to other cars that size it does kinda suck on gas, but overall it's still good compaerd to most other cars.

personally i think the best part about them is their roomy from what i hear

Friday, June 02, 2006 5:58 AM
... Yaris.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Friday, June 02, 2006 8:11 AM
Coulda got a suzuki for that kind of gas milage

Friday, June 02, 2006 8:28 AM
They get no better mileage then a Cavi does. But on the up side our service dept here has only had one or two ever come in for anything other then an oil change.

Not my first choice but if its all you could get good luck with it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, June 02, 2006 11:06 AM
yeah, like i said above, i CANNOT get anything else. my credit is good, but debt to income isnt good. i would have gotten turned down anywhere else but GMAC. i needed a car this week, looked around and this was it,lol. there was a very abused 03 cavalier with higher miles for the same price, but i didnt think that would be such a hot idea.

sorry, didnt know new LT's could be found for 10, i just saw that this car blue booked at 11,7...and that the new ones blue booked at 13. so, i figured by driving them down to 10 i was getting a reasonable deal considering i had to get a car that day, and had no money down to bargain with, and already had one car loan out, and untill next week, im not even working, LOL.

i dunno, ill wait till i start working, if i work hard i will be able to take home 13 bucks an hour and my wife will be making the same and we will double up payments and get the thing paid off quick

p.s. if i coulda got financing through toyota, i would have gotten a yaris, no question, but at the same time, you gotta remember, i have one loan out, no job ATM, and getting another loan is not that easy. my bank offered me one with 5.9 financing, but i needed to scrape up 1600 down, and i dont have that.

Friday, June 02, 2006 3:53 PM
i dont understand how you guys make it on that little cash. im not trying to be a jerk but i make about that at 2 of my jobs and then i work at a bar on weekends and im barely scraping by. between all 3 i work close to 70 hours a week.

women are like cars you have to test drive the new one before you trade in the old one
Friday, June 02, 2006 4:02 PM
nice buy on your daewoo there. Those cars are crap and they were crap when daewoo went under and are still crap now that GM is re-releasing all those old dae-woo porducts and new GMs.

@!#$ GM!

**Wow, you know what? One t ime, I got a phone call, from a telemarketer! And they were like OMGWTFBBQ do you wanna buy car insurance? And I was like LMAOTTYLOMGWTF no! This ish is crazy!!!**
Friday, June 02, 2006 4:04 PM
Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear wrote:nice buy on your daewoo there. Those cars are crap and they were crap when daewoo went under and are still crap now that GM is re-releasing all those old dae-woo porducts and new GMs.

@!#$ GM!

Stop talking.

Friday, June 02, 2006 5:24 PM
if its such crap explain why aveos have less problems and better fit and finish

Friday, June 02, 2006 6:02 PM
I would have went with a Spectra 5. More power, better looks, roughly the same price. I know here in Des Moines the Kia dealer is offering 4K minimum trade in, and a $199 down payment.

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:02 PM
UBcavz24 wrote:i dont understand how you guys make it on that little cash. im not trying to be a jerk but i make about that at 2 of my jobs and then i work at a bar on weekends and im barely scraping by. between all 3 i work close to 70 hours a week.

I agree i'm in the over 50K range, after the apartment, food, utilities, and car payments most of my cash is gone. I'm actually moving come august because the rent in frederick is killing me.

-Chris

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:48 PM
starting this tuesday i will be working 2 jobs, each paying ten dollars an hour for roughly 70 hours a week. my wife works as a department head of a retail store for 12.50 an hour full time, and we live in dump set of apartments for 400 a month, so, the second car is a reality. dual income for teh win.

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:49 PM
i make less money than you and prolly pay more for rent and student loans
but that really isnt the topic at hand

Friday, June 02, 2006 10:08 PM
i want one

Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:56 PM
they're not bad little cars at all. My parents bought one since my dad drives about 80 miles round trip for work, and our old lumina kicked the bucket so they figured they'd buy a car with decent gas mileage and they picked an Aveo. around 34 mpg highway I believe, which isn't half bad. We've had Zero problems so far with ours, I think it has around 20k miles on it now. Lots of cabin room, no storage room really, pretty comfortable. Not a bad car at all so far.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 6:51 PM
Quote:

Personally I don't understand why a car that gets 26/35 (5-speed) & 24/34 (Auto) is "good for gas,"

Thats always confused me to.

Friday, September 15, 2006 4:06 PM
Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear wrote:nice buy on your daewoo there. Those cars are crap and they were crap when daewoo went under and are still crap now that GM is re-releasing all those old dae-woo porducts and new GMs.

@!#$ GM!

Dont be such a jackass. You dont even know what your'e ranting about. Have you ever even owned an aveo? My wife and I own an Aveo LT, and an 05 Cavalier. We have had the aveo for longer than the cavalier, and have had few problems with the cavalier, and ABSOLUTELY NO problems with the older aveo. In addition to this, I have heard nothing but good things about the reliability of the car from people who have actually owned them, as well as several reports that the aveo is one of chevy's most reliable offerings available. Let me tell you guys, looks can be deceiving. The car is actually quite nice for the price, much nicer than the stock offering of the cavalier. Yeah the gas mileage is somewhat lackluster, but the money a person can save as opposed to purchasing a car such as a yaris or honda fit more than makes up for it. If he's more comfortable with the payments on an aveo, then he made a good decision. Don't talk crap about a car you know nothing about.

----a quote from Christopher Walken----
"Youre talking to me all wrong, it's eh, it's the wrong tone. You do it again, I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search