s/c 3800 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
s/c 3800
Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:19 PM
ok i got a le sabre with a 3800 tpi and im thinkin about puting that engine in my cav.
but my question is will the s/c from a bonneville ssei bolt right up or what will i need to do?
what parts?

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne

Re: s/c 3800
Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:22 PM
IIRC the internals from the non sc 3800 are different from the s/c version, as well as the heads i beleive. So no its not a direct swap

Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:35 PM
Read this post.

Friday, May 05, 2006 9:29 PM
Laffs99GT wrote:IIRC the internals from the non sc 3800 are different from the s/c version, as well as the heads i beleive. So no its not a direct swap

hes right. same block...but thats it. your talkin total rebuild on everything. new internals, gaskets, everything. the charger will blow everything if you try and bolt it on.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 12:59 AM
Bryce Eastlick wrote:
Laffs99GT wrote:IIRC the internals from the non sc 3800 are different from the s/c version, as well as the heads i beleive. So no its not a direct swap

hes right. same block...but thats it. your talkin total rebuild on everything. new internals, gaskets, everything. the charger will blow everything if you try and bolt it on.

crank is also the same. and what year lesaber? could be a different series 3800, which would make the swap impossible. also your tranny would soon thereafter be fried. sorry to break that to ya.

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:05 AM
the heads are different and that right there makes it expensive

also the internals and the transmission is weaker.... To be honest, it would be alot easier and cheaper to just swap motors and transmissions. You more than likely have the 4T60E or 4T65E transmission, the supercharged motors have the 4T65HD which is a heavier duty transmission

Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:05 AM
ok thanks guys. im not into a total rebuild of the motor. ill prolly just swap it into the cav and spray it.

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search