always turn off your lights and set your ebrake... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
always turn off your lights and set your ebrake...
Monday, May 01, 2006 6:27 PM
if you drive a standard...especially older cars with sloppy transmissions....I looked out my window today to see that my jeep had rolled over this small bank where i park it and it rolled right into a tree. It wouldnt start because some idiot had left the lights on So I went up front to open the hood except....crap the tree was in the way...I tried pushing it back but it wouldnt budge. After about 15 minutes of chipping away at the tree with a wood chisel...(all i could find I am at my apartment where i dont have a lot of my tools like a hatchet or chainsaw....) I was able to get the hood open about 4 inches and reach my arm around and somehow i got the positive jumper cable on. Finally I got it jump started aftjavascript:AddCode('IMG')
Add Imageer having to wedge down the gas pedal on my gf's car with an icescraper to get enough amps...Then when i tried to back it up it wouldnt go...that rock in the pictures was wedged under the suspension in the front....i had to jack up the front and pull the rock out then it came right out....what a crappy experience

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport

Re: always turn off your lights and set your ebrak
Monday, May 01, 2006 6:39 PM
wow, that jeep is tough, not really much damamge other then the small bend in the front bumper!

Ryan1

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:39 PM
Are u going ot replace that bumper ?

Ryan1

Monday, May 01, 2006 8:23 PM
Ryan1 wrote:Are u going ot replace that bumper ?

of course not.. thats trailing rep.. a bent bumper is good on a dirty jeep lol

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:34 PM
At least it wasn't one of the Beemers.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:14 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:
Ryan1 wrote:Are u going ot replace that bumper ?

of course not.. thats trailing rep.. a bent bumper is good on a dirty jeep lol

Hell yeah. That's a battle scar. It adds character. And he could always say he hit a tree while out rock crawling. It's a far stretch of the truth but it at least involves a tree and a rock.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:11 AM
I always leave my truck in gear if I'm parked on even a slight hill because I don't trust it's ebrake.

Here's my truck, by the way:

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:47 AM
Considering it's a Toyota, that's a big phuckin truck.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:38 AM
Really? I see built old Toyota's like that all the time around here.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:03 AM
Quote:

I always leave my truck in gear if I'm parked on even a slight hill because I don't trust it's ebrake.

Why not in gear AND ebrake.... ?

I had 89' Toyota that would roll while in gear sometimes, but i didn't have an ebrake either haha...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:14 AM
Well yeah that's what i meant. I don't trust my ebrake to hold it, so I use the ebrake and leave it in gear.

And yeah the truck is pretty sweet, but I can't take credit for it. I bought it from a friend that way.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 9:29 AM
Its a jeep it needs the dent.

I've got a small crease in the rear of my sunfire I will never repair. It add character and distinguishes my car.

Jeeps need dents, Jeeps without dents are pussies...

Yet another testament that Jeeps along with cockroaches twinkies and suburbans are the only things that will survive a nuclear holocost.

-Chris

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 10:58 AM
Ouch, gives you an excuse to get a winch bumper and buy a winch!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:08 AM
Looks like the tree is bleeding.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:27 AM
REDGOTE wrote:I always leave my truck in gear if I'm parked on even a slight hill because I don't trust it's ebrake.

Rob

You're truck is bad ass Rob, I love it.

As far as the e-brake thing. I always have mine in gear with the e-brake on. The e-brake on my TJ is a hunk of junk.

Have a good one,
Justin

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:06 PM
Justin Cox wrote:
REDGOTE wrote:I always leave my truck in gear if I'm parked on even a slight hill because I don't trust it's ebrake.

Rob

You're truck is bad ass Rob, I love it.

I agree, thats a great lookin truck. I'll be in the market for an older Tacoma in about 4 months, tough trucks.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:10 PM
Quote:

Looks like the tree is bleeding.

ha...yeah thats some red paint from me trying the wrench the hood open a bit further..

and yeah you should always put it in gear and set the ebrake...i usually do but sometimes you just get lazy and well 1 in a millions times @!#$ happens...

Supercharged 95 BMW 540i M-Sport
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:20 PM
I feel ya on that, it sucks... I came out the other day and my truck was across the parking lot of my townhouse complex... luckily my neighbours were at work and I didn't hit the mercedes or the bmw or anything for that matter... so needless to say, I've been in gear anytime I park it... aparently what happened is that my cable had let go of the drivers side rear tire... easy fix but a pain in the ass anyway... glad to see nothing major or anyone else involved

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search