HELPPPPP! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELPPPPP!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:48 PM
hey guys i got a 94 v-6 stang and idk what happened with it. about a week ago i came home from my trip from florida, i took my car out the night i came back and it ran perfect. the following day i drove it to school it seemed fine but i cant really remember, but on the way home i realized that somethign was wrong, it was very sluggish until about 2 grand. so i was kinda skeptical about it, but didnt really think it was anything major the next day i noticed it got worse and i had to almost ride the clutch a little to get it moving, i didnt use it the rest of the day and the next day when i wanted to see what was wrong with it i noticed i had to rev up to about 3 grand to even get it moving, it was so sluggish gettin up to about 20 took forever. i changed the spark plug wires thinking that it may be part of the problem and after, my car could barely start. i also noticed the first day the problem started, this is what kinda gave me the idea something was wrong was when the cltuh was in or basically just idleing the car normaly ran about 700 rpms and it was only about 500 now and almost stalls. i brought it to my local mechanic and had him look at it. hes had it for about 2 days, replaced the spark plugs, the wires, thought it may be a problem with my catalytic converter gettin clogged, thingsl ike that, but has yet to find the problem.. i have no idea what is wrong with it when you wanna go forward, the car now basically stalls. anyone know what could be wrong with it???
thanks for reading...if anyone knows please let me know!

Re: HELPPPPP!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:26 PM
sdogg518 wrote:hey guys i got a 94 v-6 stang !

Problem 1

On a serious note though. Did you run a compression test? If you''re running low compression (less then 20% difference is not good.) If you have low compression in adjacent cylinders then thats a good indication of a blown head gasket. Try a leak down test also. Are you getting good fuel? Is your fuel filter clogged? What about your plugs are the fouled out real bad? Do you hear any noises?

Just a few things to look at.

Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:40 PM
i dont know anything about mustangs or if they even have them.. but when my sisters coil packs went out in her sunfire it did almost exacally what your talking about.. if stangs dont have them sorry for this usless post
Friday, April 21, 2006 11:14 AM
Some 94-95 V6's had recalls for bad headgaskets. Did the car ever overheat? If so it is possible it is a Headgasket. Get the mechanic to check the oil for coolant.

Also the car being sluggish could be the MAF sensor or a problem with the TPS.

Could really use some more info thou because your post is kind of lacking....

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Friday, April 21, 2006 11:46 AM
wheres that guy w/ the sig that says "at least they circled the problem"

Friday, April 21, 2006 7:35 PM
sigh, wasnt the 94 the body style change? i think thats the problem. u need urself an old 5.0...

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:26 PM
It Burns When I Pee Pee wrote:sigh, wasnt the 94 the body style change? i think thats the problem. u need urself an old 5.0...

94's and 95 GT models still had the 5.0...the 3.8 ford engine isn't a bad engine really...good reliably IMO.

you need 3 things to make an engine run...fuel...spark...and compression. compression is the easiest to test for...after that, try some starter fluid in the intake and see if she fires, if she fires a little quicker you're not getting fuel...try that

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:31 PM
the 3.8 in those year mustangs did have headgasket issues
but other than that, the motor was pretty good
still tho, its a v6 mustang

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search