Rsx-s OR Cobalt SS which would you chose and why? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rsx-s OR Cobalt SS which would you chose and why?
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:55 PM
Just wondering what you guys would choose and what are some good deciding factors between rsx-s and a cobalt ss.

I would imagine you guys are more prone to cobalt since its gm. I am too its just too bad i cant find a nice used one and a new one with options is damn near 25 out the door

I personally like the acura interior more it looks more luxury. But the cobalt is nice too. i go back and fourth all day so lets hear what you guys think

I like the 6 speed in the rsx. but of course it lacks a supercharger.
i go back and fourth all day so lets hear what you guys think

Re: Rsx-s OR Cobalt SS which would you chose and w
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:01 PM
I say the SS but thats just cause I'm partial to Chevy. The Acura is a damn nice car but the SS is the way I'd go.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:05 PM
I would go with the cobalt ss. Mostly because of the supercharger. I used to really want a rsx-s, but when I really started looking at them, I didn't like the look of them anymore. Six speed would be sweet, but it's still just a honda and I really don't like any of their vehicles anymore. I would rather see a nice cobalt ss on this site instead of a nice rsx.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:07 PM
personally... solstice or sky.. nice comprimise IMO

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:13 PM
cobalt ss only because it can go farther ins tock motor form then a rsx-type s AND the SS has an lsd...

the rsx has 6 speed and IRS thats the only up things compared to performance...

cobaltn has the rsx in exterior.. rsx probly has the balt in interior.. but then again who sees the interior when youre whoosing past them?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:13 PM
rsx or cobalt ss is the topic..

id love a cobalt but again they havent been around long enough to get a used one. and the rsx-s is still a damn nice car. either is an upgrade from the cavy. It sits on the corner for sale so has to sell before i do anything. Plus i have a new yamaha raptor im going to sell and i have some cash in the bank. but not 25k for a cobalt.lol I could get a nice used rsx 30-40k miles for like 15k. I think cobalt is the way to go. but realisticly i think its the rsx-s at this moment.

I think acura is a etter brand then chevy. its more luxury in my eyes as far as the interior the way the car is made etc. Maybe im just sick of the poor quality of the cavy i dont know.

I love the stereo controls on the cobalt but i doubt id use them all that much. But i still think the cobalt interior looks somewhat cheap compared to the rsx

What are the 1/4 mile times of the cars? rsx-s has 6 speed but no torque and of course cobalt has s/c. Even tho they push around the same hp im guessing the cobalt would take it by a little?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:26 PM
If it were up to me, i would get the acura. Reliability, resale, fit and finish.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:39 PM
acura will have the quality, resale and status. the ss has the faster numbers.
i would go with a rsx-s in vivid blue pearl, for about 23K, not that i looked at the car before.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:45 PM
KG wrote:If it were up to me, i would get the acura. Reliability, resale, fit and finish.

Couldnt have said it better. Yeah, the cobalt has a headstart with the boost, but honestly, stock for stock the cobalt with beat it. Throw some minor mods on the acura, or for that matter s/c the acura and your looking at a great car. Cobalt is def the cheaper route in the end.

The gm stages just came out to, so if your looking for some speed for cheap youve got one heck of a decision.

-Adam

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:48 PM
RSX-S only because of the resale, and quality. The interior is nicer hands down and the exterior is all to eye of the beholder. Also ive seen type S's w/ minor bolt ons run the same thing some SS/SC's are. Go w/ the acura and mod the hell out of it.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:49 PM
F**k brand loyalty, my wallet is the one that talks.
And on that note... RSX > Cobalt.
In my opinion RWD, V8, or AWD for that matter is where it's at.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:49 PM
id buy a aveo , before i bought a honda/acura , nissan , toyota

and yes i know the aveo isnt made in the US

but id rather drive a GM car than anything , even if it was a metro

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:56 PM
KG wrote:If it were up to me, i would get the acura. Reliability, resale, fit and finish.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

MS Walk April 21 - I HIT MY GOAL!!! thanks to those of you who have supported me!
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:15 PM
I'd chose Cobalt... and I did, because I own one. I think it's a lot more fun to drive. It's quicker and handles better. Also you can add things to add performance without voiding the warranty. Both have good interiors/seats, exterior is a personal choice, and the eco engine has more potential. They are both nice cars don't get me wrong, I just prefer the Cobalt. If you do with the cobalt though... go with the G85 performance package, the LSD is well with it as well as the nicer recaro seats.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:26 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:And on that note... RSX > Cobalt

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:27 PM
i dont know ill have to see how much my payments would be on a cobalt. i was looking to just pay cash for th rsx but i wouldnt mind building credit i have several credit cards right now just to build credit but its nothing like paying off a car. I just have never had a car payment and never really wanted one. And thats the thing if i got a cobalt i would want the g85 package aswell as a sunroof and would run about 25k out the door. thats a hell of a price for a lil 4cylinder chevy in my eyes my decision still goes back and fourth..lol

travis what did u pay for your car off the lot?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:42 PM
The cobalt because the RSX is a chick car
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:54 PM
Buy American...GM and Ford for that matter, need all the help they can get.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:29 PM
dont really care wut help i can offer i just want a nice car. i think a cavalier or a sunfire is way more of a chick car then an rsx-s but thats just my opinion

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:31 PM
RSX-S.
Hands down.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:47 PM
cobalt

its faster out of the box,better handling out of the box,engine has more potential,alot cheaper to mod,i personaly think the cobalt has a better looking exteria then the rsx-s

the only thing i see that the rsx has over the cobalt ss s/c is the interior but only slightly... the the recaro seats in with the G85 are pretty awesome and better then the rsx stock seats but then again the cobalt has a plastic dash which is what makes the rsx-s interior better imho

then again if i where you i would forget about this whole rsx-s vs cobalt ss s/c and get a low milage 2004 GTO for 17-20k lol, because the GTO has both these cars beat imho

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:15 PM
MikeGT wrote:RSX-S.
Hands down.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:43 PM
mrcivilservent wrote:The cobalt because the RSX is a chick car
And you drive a Sunfire....so what is your point?!

MikeGT wrote:RSX-S.
Hands down.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:59 PM
You keep saying that 25k for the Cobalt is a bit much and you'll have car payments, which you also said you don't want. If you can get a good deal on the Acura RSX-S and not have a car payment that will hurt your wallet then do it - resale, reliability, fit and finish, and its not that slow, either.

Blown.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:45 PM
I'm in the exact same boat as you brandon, except I went from REALLY wanting an SS, then realizing that the RSX-S is just a way better car in the long run. Still, I wanted an SS first, so I'm torn.

For example, a buddy of mine who owns a Cobalt SS has had a fair share of problems with it already. Problems that would be a major pain once warranty has expired. His sunroof has broken three times, in different ways, all in less than a year and from normal use. His interior started rattling almost immediately after getting the car, and the worst part was he couldnt locate where it was coming from. BUT, its a joy to drive. The cheap interior is a major factor for me though, having owned my cav for about 6 years, I'm ready for a serious upgrade not just something a little bit better.

I would test drive both if I were you, weigh the differences some more, then make your decision.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search