94 mustang gt problem !PLEASE HELP! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
94 mustang gt problem !PLEASE HELP!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:02 PM
hey guys my mom has a 94 automatic mustang gt 5.0 convertible with 48000miles and started having problems with it tonight. She just had the transmission fluid changed before winter (september) and just started driving it again this month. The problem is, is that when she pushes down on the gas, it will idle but wont accelerate worth crap. When you press on the gas its like there is no power in the thing at all. My mom said she could only get it to go around 20 on the way home. Please help! thanks

Re: 94 mustang gt problem !PLEASE HELP!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 8:17 PM
It does sound like the trans is slipin' some mechaics do not recomend replacing the oil if the car has too many miles, does not apply to your case since the car has incredible low miles. Check to see if it has enough trans oil. Heres something from the haynes manual!

1.Immediately after driving the vehicle, park it on a level surface, set the parking brake and start the engine. While the engine is idling depress the brake pedaland move the selector through all the gear ranges, beginning and ending on park.

2.Locate the automatic transmjission dipstick tube in the engine compartment.

3. With the engine still idling, pull the dipstick from the tube, wipe it off with a clean rag, push it all the way back into the the tube and withdraw it again, then note the fluid level.

4. If the transmission is cold, the level should be in the room temperature range on the dipstick (between the two holes); If it's warm, the fluid should be in the operating temperature range ( in the crossed-hatched area). I f the level is low add the specified automatic transmission fluid (for 98 and earlier MERCON automatic transmission fluid) through the dipstick tube - use a funnel to prevent spills.

Hope this helps.

Stock '00
2200 cavy
sedan!!!!
Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:49 PM
problem is circled right on the front for ya

Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:30 PM
If it wa slipping it would be reving up still but not accelerating very good, if its just lugging when you hit the gas then i would say you have a torque converter problem. But as stated above check your fluid level first. I work with Allison tranny's so I've dealt with lots of probs like this and would be happy to help u out.
Friday, April 14, 2006 5:37 PM
actually my dad checked the air intake today and a mouse had made its home in there over the winter. Just needed to replace that and it ran great! thanks for all the help

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search