2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:19 PM

Due this November, the 2007 G35 Sedan also punches up performance with magnesium paddle shifters for the five-speed automatic gearbox (a six-speed manual is also available). Riding on the same chassis as the Infiniti M, the G35 will be offered in both rear- and all-wheel-drive. The 2007 G35 Coupe stays on the old body style and chassis until its introduction next year. BTW expect over 300HP from the 3.5L V6.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sedan
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:19 PM
i'd take one for sue. i love the g35 coupe. the sedan is nice as long as its the higher model with the little spoiler and ground effects stuff...

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:51 PM
I work for infiniti and I havent even seen these pics LOL It looks just like a M but with a different front end and tails. I just love how they keep making the interiors touger to take apart lol

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:17 PM
wow, that is beautiful. the only thing i dont like are the wheels, they're a little too busy for my taste but thats an easy fix. that hood is pimp too

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:24 PM
bah, looks bland. The new coupe has my eye though.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:52 PM
I don't really like it, but I'll reserve my judgement for when I see one in person. I also don't really care for the current sedans much either though. I love the coupes but there's just somehting abou the sedans that kills the look. Any pics of what the new coupe will look like?

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:22 PM
G35 coupes, to me, are the hottest non exotic cars on the street bar none

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:27 PM
It's a nice car for sure but I like the coupe much better. Either way that car needs tinted windows.

Jabbles
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:33 PM
Cool.

Hopefully they've fixed that exhaust tone.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 9:44 PM
if someone will host pics, u should se my buddies G35 sedan.
Friday, April 14, 2006 5:47 PM

i like it because it shows a clear evolution over the current
G35 not some badly executed revolution like the new BMW
e90 3 series sedan. I mean want was chris bangle and his
idiotic design team thinking???

[ o ][][][][][][][][ o ] coach built jeep

Friday, April 14, 2006 8:38 PM
who said Chris Bangles thinking at all....i mean hello? 7 series?
YUCK!

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:44 AM
The Infiniti Lineup - Charting the Changes [July 20, 06]

Infiniti continues to set the bar in the sport luxury segment, with a strong selling lineup of award-winning vehicles, including two J.D. Power and Associates “most appealing” awards. The 2006 model year saw the introduction of the all-new Infiniti M sedan, and now 2007 marks the first redesign of the G35 Sedan.

The revised 2007 G35 Sedan, which goes on sale in November 2006, features a dramatic new exterior design and a refined interior with unique features. Available advanced technology systems include RearView Monitor, a touch screen navigation system with available real-time traffic information and the audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® high-fidelity audio system. Powering the latest G35 is an upgraded version of the award-winning VQ-series 3.5-liter DOHC V6, rated at 306 horsepower. The standard V6 is mated to a choice of a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission on the G35 6MT model or a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode and Downshift Rev Matching. The G35 Journey model equipped with the optional Sport Appearance Package includes magnesium paddle shifters. The 2007 G35 is also offered with Infiniti’s “intelligent” all-wheel drive system.

The overall Infiniti lineup continues to evolve - the award-winning M sedan receives enhancements for 2007 including new 18-inch wheels, 10-way adjustable front passenger seat and new option packages; the Infiniti FX receives minor changes including pre-wiring for an iPod, FX45 receives power-folding sideview mirrors; G35 Coupe receives standard Intelligent Key and auto on/off headlights; and the QX56 features a new exterior color and revised engine tuning for the 5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine for increased horsepower and torque.

Following is an overview of the Infiniti Division products for the 2007 model year:

2007 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

The first major redesign of Infiniti’s award-winning sports sedan was unveiled at the 2006 New York International Auto Show. The new G35 sedan was designed to meet the high expectations of Infiniti owners, who have embraced the original G35 and seek a continuation of its unique combination of vibrant design, exhilarating performance and advanced technology.

The 2007 G35 sedan exceeds these expectations, with an evolution of the platform, interior and exterior style, and the next generation of the award-winning VQ-series V6. The redesigned interior combines modern warmth and Japanese design cues, and technologically the G35 sets the bar for features available in its class, including available touchscreen navigation system with real-time traffic information and audiophile premium audio system that brings studio quality sound to the road. The G35 sedan also offers customers the choice of a 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission, rear- or all-wheel drive, and option packages covering the spectrum of style, on-road and in-cabin performance.

Highlights of the 2007 G35 Sedan include:
· Available in four models – G35, G35 Journey, G35x AWD, G35 6MT
· Option packages include Premium Package, Navigation Package, Satellite Radio Package (with choice of XM® or Sirius™), Technology Package, Performance Tire & Wheel Package and Sport Appearance Package
· New exterior with seductive surfaces, sculpted grille blades, iconic headlights and taillights
· Refined interior with unique features such as the white-and-violet Fine Vision gauge illumination and high-touch, textured aluminum-alloy trim with “Washi” (traditional Japanese handmade paper) patterning
· Available RearView Monitor
· Available touchscreen Infiniti Navigation System with available XM® NavTraffic™ with real-time traffic information and a 9.5 gigabyte audio server
· Available audiophile-quality Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® premium audio system – combines the industry’s first 3-way front door speaker array using 10-inch woofers with an audiophile quality head unit incorporating double oversampling 24-bit 96KHz Burr Brown® Digital Audio Converters
· Magnesium paddle shifters for the G35 Journey model with Sport Appearance Package
· Standard Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition
· Available Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking
· Standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights
· Optional Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), which automatically controls the headlight lighting pattern according to steering angle and vehicle speed to help provide better visibility at night
· Fourth-generation VQ-series V6, approximately 80% of major parts redesigned, highlights include increased crank journal and pin diameters, addition of standard variable exhaust cam timing (eCVTCS), a higher rev limit (increased from 6,600 rpm to 7,500 rpm) and higher compression ratio (10.6:1 versus the previous 10.3:1), asymmetric piston skirts, twin knock sensors, improved coolant flow and new Iridium spark plugs
· Available Infiniti “intelligent” all-wheel drive system - ATTESA E-TS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All Electronic Torque Split) all-wheel drive system, also utilized on the M35x and FX
· New exterior colors – Garnet Ember, Slate Blue and Platinum Graphite

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:53 AM
Not bad. I wonder how the new GTO will compare to this. I am sure it won't have nav and all but overall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 21, 2006 10:20 AM

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Friday, July 21, 2006 10:18 AM
Read above you. ^

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, July 21, 2006 12:08 PM
wow, that interior pic just LOOKS like I can't afford it

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
when you beat someone in a civic people wine and make excuses
when you beat someone in a cavalier they pull over and check under thier hoods
Friday, July 21, 2006 1:17 PM
How soon before they make it a blob and get ride of the lines all together?

I wrote this post a long time ago, a real long time ago, back in 94.
Friday, July 21, 2006 1:28 PM
They bumped up the compression and the rev limiter for about 8hp? Is that correct?

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Friday, July 21, 2006 2:43 PM
I see you edited your first one.

Quote:

· Fourth-generation VQ-series V6, approximately 80% of major parts redesigned, highlights include increased crank journal and pin diameters, addition of standard variable exhaust cam timing (eCVTCS), a higher rev limit (increased from 6,600 rpm to 7,500 rpm) and higher compression ratio (10.6:1 versus the previous 10.3:1), asymmetric piston skirts, twin knock sensors, improved coolant flow and new Iridium spark plugs

Thats what Nissan did. And yes, it is 8HP bump on the manual and 26hp bump for the automatic. Also that is a SAE figure which is what GM and many auto manufacturers are using too.
Very impressive considering that it is N/A and 3.5L V6. Hell, Toyota needs Direct Injection to achieve that on their IS350.
Nissan has a jewel of a engine with the VQs.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, July 21, 2006 2:47 PM
any info on the coupe? i wanna see some pics of that

Friday, July 21, 2006 3:30 PM
Nothing official yet. From this concept.
I spoke about it briefly here on page 2.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=112669&t=112669&p=2

Looks like for 2007 M/Y the coupe will be carried over.

From Infiniti:
The Infiniti G35 coupe remains a standard-bearer in the sports coupe class since its introduction in 2003. For 2007, the standard VQ 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine produces 275 horsepower and 268 lb-ft of torque, while the G35 Coupe 6MT model generates 293 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque.

The refined performance coupe also again features standard High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights, available Navigation system; as well as other luxury and performance options. Also available are a Rear Active Steer package, which includes vehicle-speed-sensitive power steering and 15.1:1 steering gear ratio; and an available Sport-Tuned Suspension Package with 19-inch forged aluminum wheels and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD). Standard on the G35 Coupe 6MT are the Viscous Limited Slip Differential and unique front fascia and side sills.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, July 21, 2006 7:35 PM
If thats the coupe I know what im getting one day way down the road, IF i get rid of my goat. God im sick. Had it for 2 weeks and already thinking about whats next.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:57 AM
I drove my buddies 05 G35 sedan.. Not bad it's a auto but the AWD is nice great acceleration and handling.. Comfortable too.. It's nice to see the navigation is built in to the dash instead of being a pop up feature. Also the dash looks cleaner nice job they did on the improvement..

Had to change sig because some dickhead is mad it went 1 letter over size
Saturday, July 22, 2006 6:37 AM
The BMW M3 uses a 3.2 litre engine pushing 333hp although the overall car cost much more. So I think that motor is a bit better yet both are being pushed closer to their limits stock. I wonder how much you can do before major work to the motor is required.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search