2006 Ford Shelby GT-H - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Ford Shelby GT-H
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:24 AM

40 years ago, the only way to get behind the wheel of a 1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350H special edition was to visit your local Hertz car rental, sign on the dotted line and drive away to the nearest racetrack. Though there's little evidence any of the cars actually made it to the track, that's not stopping Ford, Shelby and Hertz from reigniting the urban myth with 500 black and gold 2006 Shelby GT-H models-available this later this year as Hertz rental cars only. The special model gets a boost from Ford Racing Performance Parts bin, resulting in a 20-hp, 10-lb-ft increase in power from the 4.6-liter V8 (up to 325 hp and 330 lb-ft).

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: 2006 Ford Shelby GT-H
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:27 AM
i wonder how many wont get rented out

and will end up in the hands of the executives and/or getting sold

nice looking car though

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:38 AM
I don't like the new mustangs. They're too big IMO. I like the the 99-03 ones although I have a 95 V6

Stock '00
2200 cavy
sedan!!!!
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:42 AM
I can't believe they're actualy gonna rent them out! Thats cool! And its a great looking car too. Win, Win I'd say.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:48 AM
they are NOT the 475 hp ones

from cnn.com

Those cars, slightly modified versions of the Shelby GT350 available for purchase at Ford dealerships, were available to members of the Hertz Sports Car Club and could be rented at selected Hertz airport locations around the country.

See photos from the NY Auto show

Shelby produced 1,000 of the cars, most with automatic transmissions and black-and-gold paint schemes, but the program lasted for only one year, said Matt Stone, executive editor of Motor Trend Classics magazine. During that time, rental Shelbys made occasional weekend appearances at race tracks, he said.

Forty years later, Hertz customers will again get the chance to rent a Shelby. This time, 500 black-and-gold Shelby GT350s will have 325-horsepower engines and high-performance suspension. A standard Mustang GT has a 300-horsepower engine.

The black car with broad gold stripes will be unveiled Wednesday at the New York Auto Show.

Hertz will not be renting out the Shelby GT500 which goes on sale this summer with a 475-horsepower engine.

"Putting those in the rental fleet would be like putting a match to gasoline," said Stone.

i repeat "Hertz will not be renting out the Shelby GT500 which goes on sale this summer with a 475-horsepower engine."

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:52 AM
Why cant you buy em? They would sell like crazy. Pretty cool though. Now they need a G.T. 500KR remake. (King of the Road edition)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:54 AM
neal howell (the sarcastic one wrote:they are NOT the 475 hp ones

from cnn.com

Those cars, slightly modified versions of the Shelby GT350 available for purchase at Ford dealerships, were available to members of the Hertz Sports Car Club and could be rented at selected Hertz airport locations around the country.

See photos from the NY Auto show

Shelby produced 1,000 of the cars, most with automatic transmissions and black-and-gold paint schemes, but the program lasted for only one year, said Matt Stone, executive editor of Motor Trend Classics magazine. During that time, rental Shelbys made occasional weekend appearances at race tracks, he said.

Forty years later, Hertz customers will again get the chance to rent a Shelby. This time, 500 black-and-gold Shelby GT350s will have 325-horsepower engines and high-performance suspension. A standard Mustang GT has a 300-horsepower engine.

The black car with broad gold stripes will be unveiled Wednesday at the New York Auto Show.

Hertz will not be renting out the Shelby GT500 which goes on sale this summer with a 475-horsepower engine.

"Putting those in the rental fleet would be like putting a match to gasoline," said Stone.

i repeat "Hertz will not be renting out the Shelby GT500 which goes on sale this summer with a 475-horsepower engine."

who said anything about it being the 475 hp version?... right from MrGoodwrench's post...

Quote:

The special model gets a boost from Ford Racing Performance Parts bin, resulting in a 20-hp, 10-lb-ft increase in power from the 4.6-liter V8 (up to 325 hp and 330 lb-ft).

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:33 PM
Still not inerested, in it or the new Camaro.

The manufacturers are bringing out these terrible versions of what used to be beautiful cars.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:09 PM
i like all the new versions of the stang , camaro , and challenger

the charger is nice , BUT ITS NOT A CHARGER

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:25 PM
Too bad these aren't going to be like the real GT-350H's... Then you could rent one, and pull the engine, trans and rear-end out of it, and swap in a regular GT engine

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:16 AM
mikey, you've made the huge assumption here, that people read the full post

Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:16 AM
^

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:10 AM
neal howell (the sarcastic one wrote:mikey, you've made the huge assumption here, that people read the full post

what who ? read what ?? what you talking about willis ???

with pics who reads , LOL

Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:17 PM
Being the Mustang admirer that I am, I can say I like the looks of that very much...too bad it won't be for sale to the general public.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:23 PM
What is this, like the 123,853,934 'special edition stang'.

Ford is seriously hurting.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:56 PM
i'm waiting for the limited edition white snake mustang GT-RS cobra mach II Bullit 550

Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:24 PM

I would take a U-turn and bring that car right back.

The new Mustangs are getting to be too much. Too many special editions and stuff. I would be happy with just the base, GT, and Cobra versions.

Don't get me wrong, that car is nice, but it's just nothing special to me anymore.

Friday, April 14, 2006 9:09 AM
^

True give me a GT or a Cobra thats all I need!!!

I cant wait I busting out the 95 5.0L this weekend!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Friday, April 14, 2006 9:54 AM
Id rather hop in a '09 Camaro and run laps around one at the track.
Friday, April 14, 2006 10:06 AM
It's ok the car just needs a lil bit more aggressive look to it. It's just a plain lookin stanger to me with stripes and a hood other wise it's a basic lookin GT

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:34 AM
Bringing this back because now you can buy something similar.

Ford dealers will get a retail version of the Shelby GT-H -- the 325-horsepower Hertz Mustang rent-a-racer announced at the New York auto show in April.
The retail car will be called the Shelby GT and will be available for the 2007 model year. Volume numbers for the new Shelby GT haven't been finalized, but Ford plans to distribute at least a few thousand.
The Shelby GT will be available in black or white paint with silver stripes. It will have similar features to the Hertz Mustang including hood pins and special side scoops.
The cars will be finished at Carroll Shelby's shop in Las Vegas. That shop is making 500 units of the 2006 Shelby GT-H for Hertz.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:41 AM
you guys bitching about there being too many different "special edition" mustangs obviously know NOTHING about the history of the mustang

also there are a few significant differences, one being the rear end, which they took from the manual mustangs that have different gears. ill hafta go look at the magazine its in to get exact numbers or if Goodwrench has that info he can post it. But there are a few other things they did too. The Rental ones will be rented out for a certain length of time and then they will be sold to the public (i think after 12-15k miles they will sell them)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:52 AM
themarin8r wrote: The Rental ones will be rented out for a certain length of time and then they will be sold to the public (i think after 12-15k miles they will sell them)

Thats just what I want, a rental mustang that has had the piss beat out of it by 54985 different drivers......

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:05 AM
it's quick for a brick. but to too many think they are kings of the road.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:14 PM
themarin8r wrote:you guys bitching about there being too many different "special edition" mustangs obviously know NOTHING about the history of the mustang

also there are a few significant differences, one being the rear end, which they took from the manual mustangs that have different gears. ill hafta go look at the magazine its in to get exact numbers or if Goodwrench has that info he can post it. But there are a few other things they did too. The Rental ones will be rented out for a certain length of time and then they will be sold to the public (i think after 12-15k miles they will sell them)

No problem man.
This off my top of head though...
-Strut brace
-FPR Cold air intake
-1.5in drop
-new dampers
-beefier stabilizer bars
-Hertz badge
-Billet grille
-Hood pins
-Stripes
-FPR mufflers
-shorter 3.55:1
-Reflashed computer (Premium is now required)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:25 PM

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search