90-93 Integra Help - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
90-93 Integra Help
Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:03 PM
hey everyone i've been looking to get a nice 90-93 Integra for a daily driver since i dont drive my cavy much... anyways i've read a few sites with reviews on them and they seem like pretty decent cars, however since they are 13+yrs old they seem to have higher mileage and i was wondering how u think they might hold up to daily driving? winters here are pretty harsh and summers arnt much better usually very hot(+30) for alot of the summer. i dont wanna buy a car and have it keep breaking down on me, however i dont expect the car to be trouble free... so ya how do u think they hold up? i dont plan to mod it so it would be bone stock, maybe a mild drop and thats about it... i'm looking for a GS or LS, i'd really like the GS cuz some of them come with leather and have all options, also a 5speed, how are the tranny's in these cars? sorry to go on, thanks for any and all help...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff

Re: 90-93 Integra Help
Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:47 PM
If i'm correct the body style changed in 1992. You can usually pick up a 1990 or 91 real reasonable. They are going to be kind of high mileage like 150k plus. However, you have to remember were talking about Hondas and more often then not they will outlast a domestic. When they do break down though its going to be more expensive.

The 5-speed in 90 91 are cable operated and can be a little nasty to get use to if you haven't driven one like it before. The gears are VERY long. Which for a daily driver is nice because you can cruise 70 75 on the highway and the hamster isn't running that fast on his wheel.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:08 PM
Believe it or not the 2nd gen is still my favorite Integra and I wanted to get one, but ended up getting a 99 Cavalier with 80,000 miles for less than I could have gotten an Integra. Bad thing about it is I'd still trust an Integra with 200,000 miles on it compared to my 80,000 mile Cavalier. Maintenance is more crucial than the mileage anyway.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:00 AM
It's a Honda. Easy to repair and parts are cheap. Hell, it's usual the only parts Pep Boys has in stock.

Tach Out Motorsports
Option D Inc.
Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:25 PM
really decent cars i had one about a yr ago it was a 92 gs with 150000 miles and run just fine never had ny problems with it had it for 2 yrs they really do last along time also a good site to check out would be www.g2ic.com its got alot of info and stuff basicaly like the org here
Sunday, March 26, 2006 11:54 PM
They rust.. I MEAN RUST. 1988 to 1993 = bad steel in most honda body panals, which is why they rust so badly.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:52 AM
get a 94 lude instead like me :p
Monday, March 27, 2006 1:41 PM
thanks for the help everyone... maybe i'll just pick up another z24 or something since around here i can get a 98 Z24 5speed fully loaded for 2 grand less than an older integra.. i swear ppl think just cuz its a honda its made of gold or something...

heres an example of what i mean...
1990 Integra

1998 Z24

theres two examples rite there... the integra is wayyyyyyy outta my price range, i didnt even pay $7000 for my 96 Z24... there is only 3 integras of that year that im looking for, the other 2 are both modded and i dont want a modded once cuz u know they've been abused... infact there is a 92 GSR that the guy wants less than the lady wants for her 90... and also there is a 2002 Z24 fully loaded 5speed, 70,000kms for $5,500... oh well maybe i'll keep looking, i really wanted an integra but they're just too damn expensive...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Monday, March 27, 2006 2:22 PM
Real nice cars! I have an older one, 88 integra rs. Oh, the rs is the base one, the Ls has some options but like u said the Gs comes with leather. Great for an 88! I think i'll beat my 2000 2200 cavy or it should be close. The trans in this cars seem to be fine. Someone said long ratios, which is true. The only bad thing about these cars is the rust. Mine is falling apart . But the engine has 114K and like I said might beat the cavy easilly!

Stock '00
2200 cavy
sedan!!!!
Monday, March 27, 2006 5:37 PM
Yeah as much as I like Integras, you could pick up a 2.2 cavy for near nothing for daily driving. Plus you're already familiar with cavaliers.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:02 PM
My fiance' had a 90 granet he droped a new engine and did a whole buncha stuff on it.... that car ran great and had no problems what so ever... no rust.. the paint was super daul but that was from the person who had owned it before him i recomend them highly great car to drive and fun... the only downside is the drivers seats always rip and.... i find the seats to be a little uncomfortable.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:25 PM
The person who wants $7500 for the 1990 Integra must be on acid. Even in CDN, that's just plain dumb.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search