Vauxhall Astra mkV 888 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vauxhall Astra mkV 888
Friday, March 24, 2006 10:24 PM
After the Astra VXR (see post about 3 months back), Vauxhall now build the diesel version of this car. In short, it makes 200bhp, 330lbs torque, and will do 142mph. Did I mention about 6.2s to 60, and 50mph on a motorway? Damn, I want one.

Developed with BTCC - winning experience, and perfected through hours of track testing, the Thurlby Astra 888's sport suspension settings are tailor made for optimum balance, agility and control. Fitted with a 335mm disc brakes and 4 Pot Calipers, it also guarantees astonishing stopping power at all disc temperatures.

* Twin Engine Mapping to nearly 200 BHP
* 888 Sports Suspension for outstanding handling
* 335mm Diameter Disc Brakes
* BTCC 18" Wheels fitted with special high-performance tyres
* 4 Pot Calipers developed by 888 for reduced stopping distances

Video: http://www.thurlbymotors.net/media/video/astra.wmv

http://www.thurlbymotors.net/

Re: Vauxhall Astra mkV 888
Friday, March 24, 2006 11:09 PM
I love that car, why can't they sell it here.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:42 AM
The closest thing we can hope for is Saturn to do this in 2008.^ But willing to bet it will be watered down.

BTW diesel is the future. And it was proven on last Saturday's Sebring race with the Audi R10.

But yes, this car should be here...engine and all.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, March 25, 2006 10:01 AM
Isn't that supposed to be the new Saturn Evoke? That's replacing the Ion in 07-08? I sure hope so.. Looks really good.

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Burgundy 2006 Saturn Ion - My winter beater
Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:57 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong...but it sure looks like the front bumper would be a perfect fit on a cobalt.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:37 PM
I was thinking that would make a good Cobalt hatchback model, if GM went that route.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 2:58 PM
thats pretty sweet

Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:08 PM
Reminds me of a matrix.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:21 PM
diesel is 3 bucks a gallon. no thanks. not in my future.

sweet car tho!
should have been the replacement for the cavi.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:10 PM
diesel is 3 bucks where u live. but u get WAY better mpg AND u can run biodiesel which can have 0 fossil fuels in it. = good

also, the front end or headlights do NOT fit a cobalt. the shapes of the headlights are inverted. in the vaux the bottom of the headlight is pointed and the top is rounded. on the cobalt it is the other way around. so it would not be a easy swap.

but as an end note.

GIVE ME THAT CAR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best looking hatch EVAR
besides maybe the accent sr

The biggest hole, is the illusion of invulnerability.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:43 PM
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:diesel is 3 bucks where u live. but u get WAY better mpg AND u can run biodiesel which can have 0 fossil fuels in it. = good

also, the front end or headlights do NOT fit a cobalt. the shapes of the headlights are inverted. in the vaux the bottom of the headlight is pointed and the top is rounded. on the cobalt it is the other way around. so it would not be a easy swap.

but as an end note.

GIVE ME THAT CAR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best looking hatch EVAR
besides maybe the accent sr

I think the front clip would fit. The doors look identical and where the pilar meets the fender looks the same. But the flare on the fender might not match the rear on the 'balt.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 8:44 PM
diesel's last longer too... Still think i'd rather have it in the turbo version though just because I have more knowledge of it. Anyone have any idea weight of gas car vs. diesel?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search