Camaro's Gotta go - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Camaro's Gotta go
Friday, March 24, 2006 6:35 PM
Well, I got orders to go to Ramstein Air Base in Germany. I can only ship one vehicle for free. I can't afford to pay to have two shipped. So its a choice between the AWD Explorer, and the RWD camaro that nothing fits in. With lots of snow and a family the choice was obvious. I could store the Camaro but I want a vehicle to drive while i'm there and I dont want pay for storage.

Here's the Baby

Re: Camaro's Gotta go
Friday, March 24, 2006 6:38 PM
ill hold on to it for you

-Borsty
Friday, March 24, 2006 6:39 PM
That's too bad I'm glad you thought of your family first though.......it takes a REAL man to do that

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:06 PM
SlowWhiteFire wrote:That's too bad I'm glad you thought of your family first though.......it takes a REAL man to do that

x2

dan

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:21 PM
Thanks, I got a pretty good deal on it so hopefully I can atleast break even. I love the car its so much fun to drive, but I dont want to have a car sitting for three years. I'll just go over there and pick me up a BMW or something and drive it until I come back to the states. Maybe by then I can afford a newer camaro with an LS1. Actually it would be a WS6 trans-am. But thanks for the good words.

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:28 PM
^^ i think you would be better off getting a mercedes benz. There are hundreds of them over there. @!#$, even the taxi cabs drive the benz, lol

dan

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:50 PM
you havent listed a price??

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:59 PM
Bryce, I didn't list a price because I didn't want it to seem like I was just trying to sell it here in the Other car forum instead of in the Classifieds like everyone else. Just wanted to tell my story.

If you are interested e-mail me at BlackRabbitZ28@gmail.com and we can talk.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:28 AM
Rabbitt...I'm at Ramstein AB as well and I'll tell you one thing....BRING THE CAMARO!!!! It cost about $800 to ship and you'll have a blast with it over here!!

The Europeans LOVE Camaros like you would not beleive! If nothing else, once here you could sell it for twice the price you could get for it in the states! There is even a club here in Europe...mostly Americans, called F-Bodyeurope. They race, autocross, car shows, cruises, you name it they are everywhere!!

Think about it and like I said it's only like $800 to ship it so not too bad really.

Either way, look me up when you get in and I'd be more than happy to help out with your move or anything.

Later!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Saturday, March 25, 2006 5:32 AM
BlueDeuce - I'll look into it more. I was going to see how much it was to ship it before I sold it. I heard it was a lot more than that. If its only 800 bucks I'll more than likely ship it. I'll drop you an e-mail so we can talk more. I'll defineatly look you up when I get in.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:22 AM
Just remember that Cars are a lot more expensive in Europe than they are here, and they usually tend to be smaller because roads there were made in the 1800's for carriages and bicycles, not big cars.

If you get a BMW, it'll prolly be a 3 or maybe an older 5/6 series, and Mercedes, C/E class.

Have fun @ Rammstein.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:50 AM
That was quick.

But hey man, I appreciate the run. It takes alot of soul to get rid of an F-body after you have fallen in love. Good looking out for your family and I can respect you still even though you are selling a nice Z .

I know that 3rd gens shipped into Europe required a special license plate bulb, and also the front fascia was different somehow, I can't quite remember off the top of my head. Also, they required fold-away mirrors (Atleast for Japan) so those would be starting points to atleast make it legal.

Check out those mirrors.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:55 AM
That's the european spec license lamp.
http://www.moderndaymuscle.com/inc/sdetail/862

That's the european tail lamp:

Just thought id let you know!

Good luck bro!

Saturday, March 25, 2006 12:15 PM
Yea, even if it is only 800 bux I can't really afford that out of pocket. I found a couple sites to start checking out some cars in europe.

GAM, a 3 series BMW is fine. Thats what I really want. I found a couple 325i's around the year I like. Might have to wait a few months after selling the car and come up with a bit of difference. Its going to run me about 6 grand in the ball park for a pretty nice one.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:04 PM
i love that car man... but hey family comes first so do what u gotta do... good luck with the move...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:19 PM
Yea, I know it was a quick run. I didn't know I would be getting orders so soon. I've only been here just over a year and most stay here for atleast 3. Plus I didn't think I would be going overseas so I figured I could keep it and drive where ever. I hate to get rid of it. Brings a tear to my eye evertime I think about it.

I was thinking about trading the explorer in because....well its a Ford. I took my wife with me and we looked at a bunch of different SUV's. Since our financial sitution changed I didn't want a different SUV, I wanted a better one. We made our lost stop at the dodge dealership. I stayed in the car because I hate dodge more then Ford. My wife comes back jumping up and down because she found a SUV she just loved.

Its a 2002 Mercedes ML500 4DR fully loaded...I mean loaded. DVD, navigation, leather, heated mirrors/seats, driver memory. I couldn't believe it was actually a reasonable price at 25,000. I figured it would be a lot more, but that checks right in with blue book value. Here's a picture of the car not the exact car were looking at but its same color etc...

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/images/02ml500_6.jpg

Sunday, March 26, 2006 12:27 PM
Why not sell the Explorer, take the Camaro with you, and pick up a nice SUV while you're in Europe? Just a thought.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:58 PM
u could sell that car for 2x-3x over there.

-Borsty
Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:38 PM
James Larsen wrote:Why not sell the Explorer, take the Camaro with you, and pick up a nice SUV while you're in Europe? Just a thought.

Thats what I want to do. Trying to convince the wife the same thing.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 5:49 PM
Your first question should be which one would the German's let in the country. I would bring the camero over and sell it to a German. Then by an Exploror in Landstuhl for dirt cheap from a PCSing GI.

Tach Out Motorsports
Option D Inc.
Monday, March 27, 2006 3:36 PM
Gas is stupid expensive in Europe.

Sell the Explorer here.
Sell the Camaro over there.

Buy some small displacement A-B car while over there.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:08 PM
LOVED ONE wrote:Gas is stupid expensive in Europe.

Sell the Explorer here.
Sell the Camaro over there.

Buy some small displacement A-B car while over there.

Gas on base there runs about the same here. I'm trying to sell them both. Which ever sells first I'll go with. If they both sell...well then I dont know, haha.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:22 PM
Good Call.

What are you looking to get for the Camarah?

PM me with a price if you dont want to post here.

LS1's never blow up;
Spray that puppy... 02 sensors are overrated.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search