ne one purchased the new si yet? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ne one purchased the new si yet?
Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:31 PM
was wondering if there were any new si owners ? and if so was wanting to know if theres any positive or negative feedback on it.

ClassGlass / RkSport / Eibach / Motegi / Ractive / Borla / K&N

Re: ne one purchased the new si yet?
Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:41 PM
Not that I know of, but around here they kicked the price up by $5000 as a "market adjustment" cause they aren't making as many as they had originally planned. Funny enough, I read online about 2 weeks ago that Honda lost over 1000 orders for the car as soon as they kicked the price up.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:13 PM
My friend has one. It's a very nice car. I can't stand the ugly interior though.......it feels like youre in some kind of space age vehicle. We're always pretty close when we race each other. I win somedays, he wins other days.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:01 PM
SlowWhiteFire wrote:My friend has one. It's a very nice car. I can't stand the ugly interior though.......it feels like youre in some kind of space age vehicle. We're always pretty close when we race each other. I win somedays, he wins other days.

No way is it an SI then. With the mods you have done hed still beat you. Unless he cant drive.

-Adam

Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:06 PM
Yes, it's an Si. We're both good drivers.....I get him off the line most of the time and by the time i'm halfway through 3rd, he starts pulling. We've even tried switching cars but, the results are still the same.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:16 PM
SlowWhiteFire wrote:Yes, it's an Si. We're both good drivers.....I get him off the line most of the time and by the time i'm halfway through 3rd, he starts pulling. We've even tried switching cars but, the results are still the same.

sounds right, my neighbor had a type R and with simliar mods to him I was next to him until we hit 3rd and then I got walked...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:41 PM
^^^
It sucks not having some sort of cam-phasing sometimes. I'd love to have the torque of my sunfire with the top-end of a type-r
Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:47 PM
i'm sure if you asked around clubsi in the tech related forums, at least one person has one..
Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:00 PM
i had fun killinga teg type r at the track friday , i took him from start to finish

i still havent seen a Si at the track yet

ive seen a couple on the road though

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:34 PM
I read they run like low 15's at best in automotive mag..I dont know, its being hailed as this great new speed demon in a lot of mags, but i really dont see low 15's and 197hp as anything that special.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:42 PM
they are stil in the grocery getter class, not rocket cars
i dont know why you guys think it should be uber fast
its quick, sure, but not super fast

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:46 PM
Cory Forson wrote:I read they run like low 15's at best in automotive mag..I dont know, its being hailed as this great new speed demon in a lot of mags, but i really dont see low 15's and 197hp as anything that special.

I havent read much about how fast it is, though it is pretty quick, ive read mostly about how fun it is to drive. I saw one at a dealer today and i wanna try to test drive it this week if possible. I also wanna test drive a Cobalt SS, but the dealer i was at, were treating is as if it was a corvette i was looking at, so i left. I wanna replace my prelude this spring i think. Ill post about it if i do drive it.

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Monday, January 16, 2006 9:31 AM
Cory Forson wrote:I read they run like low 15's at best in automotive mag..I dont know, its being hailed as this great new speed demon in a lot of mags, but i really dont see low 15's and 197hp as anything that special.

The potential is awesome in it though. It K series motor is really restricted. Its just the like RSX. Its not that fast but you open it up with a good exhaust, intake, maybe a header and it hauls. The new si is a 6-speed isn't it? I know it has LSD which will definately help once modded. The K series motor responds really well to mods.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:54 AM
Yeah 6 speed.

Monday, January 16, 2006 1:05 PM
MT pulled a 15.7 with the SI

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Monday, January 16, 2006 1:48 PM
drew k wrote:

I havent read much about how fast it is, though it is pretty quick, ive read mostly about how fun it is to drive. I saw one at a dealer today and i wanna try to test drive it this week if possible. I also wanna test drive a Cobalt SS, but the dealer i was at, were treating is as if it was a corvette i was looking at, so i left. I wanna replace my prelude this spring i think. Ill post about it if i do drive it.

Yeah thats one thing ive heard a lot about, appearantly its got a sweet ride suspension wise, I dont know, let us know how it feels if you take one out for a spin. Also you might want to pick up that issue of Automotive magazine, it compares the civic to the cobalt ss to the new WRX to something else i cant remember, anyway its a great read, especially for someone like you whose looking into that price range.

Monday, January 16, 2006 7:50 PM
The car is worth it and it lives up to the hype.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, January 16, 2006 8:05 PM
Got to drive one for a few hours last week and I like it. It reminded me of the 99-00 which was the best years. Handled nicely and it felt a little faster then the @!#$ box 02-05 year which sucked.

Modds:
GM Stage 2 with SFPHQ 2.8 pulley
Injen Intake
GM Dual Pass Aftercooler w15psi Surge Tank
GMPP Exhaust Manifold
CTi 3" Downpipe and Cat
Custom 3" Cat Back with Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
ZZ Engine Mount
ZZ Front Trans Mount
B&M Shifter
NGK BKR7E Plugs
DC Strut Tower Brace

Soon to be installed:
2.6 pulley, Siemens 60lbs Injectors, NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs
Tune Time Custom Dyno Tune

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:08 PM
Well I sell Honda, and I got to drive an Si, and actually got to race an Si with my Eco and hear is my review......

Honda redesigned the Civic for 06, basically scrapping everything from the previous generation. I have driven the Si and sold one as well. Not a bad car, but please realize that they have an advertised 139 ft-lbs of torque, and it comes on pretty high in the power band as well. It is an amazing car and handles better than most things I have driven, and is on par with the "performance cars" that you see. there are only a few cars that can pull 70 mph in a slalom, and Honda now has two of them (the S2000 is the other).

Car and Driver recently tested the car, and it pulls a 15.1 in the quarter with the stock all seasons, not the summer tire only option. First and second seem really slow, and the redline jumps at you way to fast in those cars.

As I have said I raced a blue Si with my Cav. my best 1/4 miles time to date is a 15.47 on 16" winter tires. Also, as stated before, I pulled him in my first and second, when I got
to third he was already in the middle of his power band for third and started to pull back on me, by the time we stopped he was at a dead even heat, and no it hadn't been a 1/4 mile yet.

When Honda built this car it is not intended to be for pure straight line performance, this car is an all around amazing vehicle, it corners like few on the road, and keeps me smiling as well. the spacing in the engine compartment does not encourage any kind of upgrades (at least easily), and so a remote mounted turbo will probably end up being the norm. I know there were lots of things at SEMA, and I saw the Thunderhill and AEM Si's at the NAIAS, and will wait for the aftermarket parts as well.

Any questions, please let me know. Oh and as for selling them for 5K over. I sold one, at sticker on January 2, 2006!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:15 PM
^^^thanks for the input!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:51 PM
I didnt get one yet, but am considering it heavily.

test drove the Cobalt SS and the Civic Si

Comfort wise goes to Civic
Performance is about even (my opinion) but i would say SS at first....
Style goes to civic
etc, etc, etc... it just goes back and forth.

i perfer the Civic over the SS mainly (again just my opinion) because fully loaded with Navigation is only $23k......can the SS offer that at that price? Nope.

I may end up with the Si, or I may end up with a used 350Z.......(i know, HUGE diff. in those cars)

but for the price of the Si, you can not go wrong..

http://myspace-613.vo.llnwd.net/00342/31/60/342400613_l.gif

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:57 PM
Come on, you know the communist writers at those car magazines always over rate the foreign cars. The civic has no torque, it is getting heavier, and it is overpriced!
Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:39 PM
The weight is pretty much the same for both the Civic Si and Cobalt SS:

Si - 2877lbs.
SS - 2925lbs.

So I wouldn't expect that to make much of a difference.

Friday, January 20, 2006 7:42 AM
Alex wrote:The weight is pretty much the same for both the Civic Si and Cobalt SS:

Si - 2877lbs.
SS - 2925lbs.

So I wouldn't expect that to make much of a difference.

More like.
Si: 2877lbs
SS: 2991lbs

But the SI went back to its roots. Making it one of the most enjoyable compacts in the market, if not the most.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search