Our other modded ride (S-10) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Our other modded ride (S-10)
Friday, January 13, 2006 5:02 PM
The S-10 is just kind of a toy for us to play around in right now. Jacob is the cable guy and he has a company ride, so this truck isn't driven that often. One of these days, it'll be put in primer...most of the clear coat and paint has been scratched off from taking it four wheeling.

The driver's spindle broke on Tuesday on our way home...so we were sitting there with the tire laying flat on the ground. While we were wheeling earlier that day, the four wheel drive axle broke again.

Anyways, right now, it's got a 5" suspension lift and 3" body lift and it's on 33's (the 35's rubbed too much when we were hauling wood).

It's got a 350 V8 bored .030 over out of a '69 Camaro in it (another reason we don't drive it that much! When the 4-barrel opens up, you can watch the gas hand fall down.)

Here's an old pic of the motor upon installation:

Old pics of it on boggers:

On 35's:

Re: Our other modded ride (S-10)
Friday, January 13, 2006 5:17 PM
you owe me a new keyboard....

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:30 PM
Nice, redneck, @!#$ that thing is awesome!

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:38 PM
like is better then your cav.

-Borsty
Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:09 PM
Looks good..I was thinking "hmm with some 35's even with the V6 that thing would kinda suck in the mud." Then I saw you said it had a 350 and I lost my load...haha. I want a truck to bash on. I was gonna buy an old ass POS F350 from 150.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:15 PM
my brother is swapping a 350 into his truck as we speak. its out of a 76 camaro.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:24 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys!

This truck was going to be straight axled, but I don't think that that is going to happen....at least no time in the near future.

-Crystal

Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:26 PM
Nice truck! Sucks about the wheel

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:50 AM
Nice. The boggers made it look mean. I woudn't primer it though. Show your battle scars with pride.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:12 AM
Well, the boggers rubbed too much plus it was broke down for a while and then he finally put the 350 in it and it sat for a long time on those boggers and they got flat spots in them. I LOVED the way they looked, tho.

-Crystal

Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:14 AM
Looks good

My freind just got done dropping a 350 into his S-10 out of a 79 Camaro and is planning on taking it to the track this summer, should be fun.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:43 PM
Wuts the deal with you guys sayin "I got my 350 out of a 69 camaro" and "I got mine out of a 76 camaro", like who cares. Doesn't make it anything special.

In fact you're better off braggin when you got it out of an ol truck and u got urself a nice 4 bolt main with good bottom end grunt. Especially when ur puttin it in to an ol off roader

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:51 PM
Well,when I bought my motor it was in boxes in peices. I built the motor from the bottom up with new pistons due to the bore, new cam, lifters,valves and springs. So basically my motor block, heads, crank and intake are all that is out of the camero. All my numbers match. I have always wanted a '69 camero for as long as I could remember, and still do, but at least I have the motor out of one.
j

Monday, January 16, 2006 6:07 PM
ud fit right in wit my friends cuz all of them have trucks , and im the only one with a car, its a nice truck but i like lowered cars/truck more .
my budd had a 91 S10 that he stuffed a 350 in , he built his own motor for it like u did , his s10 was 2 wheel and fast as all hell , then sold it to fund his 68 chevy C/10 truck , 70 nova, 89 probe GT, untill he stopped driving the nova , sold the probe, and bought a 76 chevy truck 4x4 .

i always got a rise outa girls that could do the same as guys and didnt care to get her hands dirty

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, January 16, 2006 8:20 PM
Joker #1 wrote:i always got a rise outa girls that could do the same as guys and didnt care to get her hands dirty

I think that you're a little confused on that part...the truck belongs to my husband; the cav is mine. But thanks for the compliment!

-Crystal

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:57 AM
The truck looks good. I am really liking the hood on it and the rear seems to flex out pretty well. Sorry to hear about the problems you had while wheeling.

Have a good one,
Justin

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:01 AM
ah that looks so fun

i was real close to buying an s-10 and doing similar

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search