a couple pics of my stang gt - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a couple pics of my stang gt
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:27 AM
Figured I would post up some pics of this one since my fire is gone. So far I have bought 18 x 9 Saleen wheels, eibach springs, a superchip and replaced the tan top with a black one. It will get some other minor mods. Mostly performance on this car.

Re: a couple pics of my stang gt
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:26 AM
I'm not a fan of that body style, but it looks clean and professional

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:47 AM
Looks nice. I like it, but i'm kind of partial to Mustangs haha.

11.945 @ 113.10
Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:01 AM
Mark(NoviGT) wrote:Looks nice. I like it, but i'm kind of partial to Mustangs haha.

Word haha. Looks nice.

BTW my friend has some PI heads and Cams he is selling for 300$! Would be a good upgrade for you...

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:06 AM
Good looking stang.

Is it a 3.8 or a 4.6?

If it's a 4.6 watch out for a cracking intake mainfold, it's a known problem between 96-98 stangs with the 8cyl. Ford will reimburse any repairs for that problem to a certain date.

PI heads for the 4.6 will really wake it up, if you want some performance.

Don't know too much about the 3.8 but it's a decent motor.

The saleen wheels are a great pick BTW

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:07 AM
sorry I didn't read the GT part. feel dumb now

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:46 AM
Quote:

If it's a 4.6 watch out for a cracking intake mainfold, it's a known problem between 96-98 stangs with the 8cyl. Ford will reimburse any repairs for that problem to a certain date.

do you have any more info on that. my buddy just bought a 96 GT from a private seller and like 2 weeks after the intake manifold split. he's been driving a junker waiting for money to get a new one...

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:37 PM
The Redneck wrote:
Quote:

do you have any more info on that. my buddy just bought a 96 GT from a private seller and like 2 weeks after the intake manifold split. he's been driving a junker waiting for money to get a new one...

Call the ford dealer and ask about it. There is a recall on it now and if his is broken they will probably fix it for free. Try doing a search on http://forums.modulardepot.com/ too.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:46 PM
are these the stang forums lol. car looks great.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:50 PM
I actually like that body style.

Looks cool. And i'm not a big fan of Mustangs so that's saying alot.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:40 PM
The Redneck wrote:
Quote:

Apparantly Ford will only cover the 97+ models

Here's the info I found at stangnet: link

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:43 PM
some more info here
link

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:00 PM
eh, its only covered for 7 years after the START of the warranty date. the car is 10 years old...oh well.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I am definitely looking for help performance wise. I don't want to waste money on stuff that doesn't really add much hpr. I'll def check into those heads. I would buy them from your friend Labora but I am broke right now. I think the full exhaust will be my next step though.

DHG Bullitt - do you know what the signs of the cracking intake manifold are. If I get on it, when it changes gears there is a really loud squeel. I have replaced the belt and belt tensioner, which did nothing, and when I bring it to the shop, they can't really identify it.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:07 PM
I am also a big fan of the Saleen wheels. Looks great with the black top as well.
Nice car!

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:47 PM
The squeal is coming from the engine compartment?

I know that the signs of a cracked intake are less power and a surging/bucking car, never heard of squealing. A squeal when engaging the clutch could indicate a bad throwout bearing, or maybe loose tranny mounts. The major sign of a cracked intake is coolant loss flowing into the cylinders.

some more info here on signs:

link

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:53 PM
sinfire1- is your car a manual or auto?

What I said above for the squealing refers to a manual tranny, if yours is an auto then I am stumped for now.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:47 PM
A cheap swap in these cars is the complete Mark VIII engine with a Cobra intake added. The engines are almost identical except for the intake, exaust cam profile and the crank. Used complete low mile engines can be had for $500-$700 and make quite a bit of difference in the 215 hp GT's.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:48 PM
its auto unfortunately. maybe something is wrong with the tranny. its just a pain in the ass because i am afraid to cause some kind of serious damage. thanks for the help

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:16 PM
im going with hyperblack saleens on my 04with roush s3 front and rear lips saleen sides and wing...maybe cobra r bumper... tee hee.... those look great on there...... the saleens design make the wheel seem huge... did you get tens in the rear? ive decided to blow the extra dough and go for it.....

cobra r front would look really good on that with some flatter sides and subtle rear lip.... get the freakin roadster tonneau and the roush wing...i know where you can get one in a month...hint hint....

looks good.considering a 6speed swap yet? 2f you boost re you planning twin screw or centrifugal?

werd. oh to you guys with the 99-04s i have access to a dark silver mach 1 bumper with lip for 100. pm me ill give the info...

rumor has it the lip will fit well on your car sin....

there is also a reeeeeeel nice ROUSH brushed aluminum dash overlay for the verts that coveres window pieces the whole stereo/hvac/shifter cockpit piece and guage cluster for verts all over on ebay from hillbank motorsports for only 250

i also hear the seats in those years are a lot more comfy than the piles in my year...thoughts??

dreams are useless if you do not possess the abilties required to make them your reality.
BetterFasterMore.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:26 PM
i ment cobra r hood for my car not bumper.... god i suck

novi- your 11second front wheel lift haunts me in my sleep. what you could also do is swap out what ever is different that gives my bodystyle 260hpr thats different from yours.....should be cheap?

get 3.73s and a diablo tuner as well... that will be a big difference. pulleys were a nice imrpvement too.

you can get the gears cheap outta a wrecked explorer. or search the discount rack at summit! ive found sooooooo many good deals there.

marked 8 thanks for the info on that....grins...
hillbank motorsports has a crap load of great stang stuff at really good prices.

15posts left. damn.

dreams are useless if you do not possess the abilties required to make them your reality.
BetterFasterMore.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:24 PM
yeah i love the saleen wheels. i was gonna go with cobra r wheels but decided that the saleens looked a lot better. they are 18x9 in the rear as well.

sounds like you have some good ideas for your 04. good luck with it.

if i do any kit, it will probably be the xenon lip kit and flush wing because i think it looks clean.

the seats are really comfortable. i love the leather.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search