----NEED OPINIONS---got offer on my car... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
----NEED OPINIONS---got offer on my car...
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:46 AM
ok im not gonna go into huge details cuz i have to get to work in a few. mods are in reg.
i was ofered 16,500 for my car. and a 91 crx dx with a full b16 swap with i/h/e/clutch. the shell is pretty bad but the power train is fine. also, my muddy has a built ls block with forged pistons, eagle rods and a block guard he said he would sell and ls vtec it for 900. its from a good friend and he knows what hes doing. the crx weighs about 1900lbs and with that ls vtec swap, and that high of compression. id be running almost 200whp.
so pretty much id have about 15k and a mid to low 13 second crx.

EVERYONE, please leave their opinions. they are welcome.

Re: ----NEED OPINIONS---got offer on my car...
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:58 AM
Id just keep the cav.......who wants another civic............build your cav to hit 13's and keep it reliable........

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:59 AM
16,500? Take the money and run ! Your cars paid off right ? hello Cobalt SS ! Put
12,000 cash down that way your payments will be ultra low and you can get rid of the stupid spoiler and get a stage 2 kit and go beat your old car ! Win , Win if you ask me.
I'd pass on the Honda tho.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:55 AM
You're getting quite a bit, the 16500 + the crx. So you take the cash.. put it aside. Work on the crx, get that ls block from your buddie, have the crx in good shape and put it for sale. You will find some kid who will want that crx, which will be quick and its a honda... easy to sell.

With the sale of the crx, even if you only get.. say 5 grand for it (probably more) this will put you well above 20k all said and done. 20k is a nice chunk of change to either put towards a brand new car or whatever else you want to use it for. If all works out and its what you want a cobalt ss or whatever else you want in the same price range paid for is pretty sweet. Or you could take a big jump into something really nice with low payments.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:13 AM
Graden wrote:You're getting quite a bit, the 16500 + the crx. So you take the cash.. put it aside. Work on the crx, get that ls block from your buddie, have the crx in good shape and put it for sale. You will find some kid who will want that crx, which will be quick and its a honda... easy to sell.

With the sale of the crx, even if you only get.. say 5 grand for it (probably more) this will put you well above 20k all said and done. 20k is a nice chunk of change to either put towards a brand new car or whatever else you want to use it for. If all works out and its what you want a cobalt ss or whatever else you want in the same price range paid for is pretty sweet. Or you could take a big jump into something really nice with low payments.

+1
Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:45 AM
you can only put up to 10k down before they have to notify the IRS

but id take the money and run , you can build another cav for less than that , and still have 2 cars

LOL

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:50 AM
16.5k and a car?

take it and sell the car buy an f body

-Borsty
Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:20 PM
sell it and the CRX buy somthing new

Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:43 PM
take it man. 16,500 + crx. you would be laughing all the way to the bank. although your car looks great, bye bye. an cobalt ss or f-body would be sweet.

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:01 PM
stock gt wrote:take it man. 16,500 + crx. you would be laughing all the way to the bank. although your car looks great, bye bye. an cobalt ss or f-body would be sweet.

Agreed.

Anybody offering 16,500 on a j-body is out of their @!#$ mind, no offense, take advantage of that.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:13 PM
haha I agree with Joe. Your car is worth MAYBE 10 grand.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05

Thursday, January 12, 2006 1:46 PM
you dont deserve the 16k just because you asked such a stupid question

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:46 PM
After re-reading what you wrote I agree........i missplaced a 0 on the total amount run baby run!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:49 PM
you're an idiot if you don't take that deal

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:53 PM
Take it quick!

Modds:
GM Stage 2 with SFPHQ 2.8 pulley
Injen Intake
GM Dual Pass Aftercooler w15psi Surge Tank
GMPP Exhaust Manifold
CTi 3" Downpipe and Cat
Custom 3" Cat Back with Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
ZZ Engine Mount
ZZ Front Trans Mount
B&M Shifter
NGK BKR7E Plugs
DC Strut Tower Brace

Soon to be installed:
2.6 pulley, Siemens 60lbs Injectors, NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs
Tune Time Custom Dyno Tune

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:27 PM
That's an amazing deal, take the money and run!! You have so many options with that much money in your pocket. Hold on to the CRX until you can find yourself another car. Since it has some work already done to it (on top of that, its a Honday CRX) - someone will buy it. That other car can be anything - brand new, you'll be able to put alot of money down and keep payments low; used with low miles; used with high miles (look into Supras)..anything!

16k is alot for a Cavalier and its a steal...but..it depends if you love your car. I'd find it difficult to sell my car even for that much money, I just love it.

Blown.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:37 PM
you can sell your car and get a car then buy another friggin cav if you want and spend the extra on it

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:23 PM
sell that @!#$ ASAP...

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:24 PM
99cavturned00teg wrote:
Graden wrote:You're getting quite a bit, the 16500 + the crx. So you take the cash.. put it aside. Work on the crx, get that ls block from your buddie, have the crx in good shape and put it for sale. You will find some kid who will want that crx, which will be quick and its a honda... easy to sell.

+1

hell yeah... do it

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:29 PM
if you do not take that you will regret it for your entire life. you can buy your car, and the exact mods for under that and its like nothing happened. Your actually getting more.....16,500 AND a crx. Part the crx for money and try and get 18k total!!!! Trust me, your going to hang yourself down the road if you do not do this.

-Adam

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:36 PM
Do it. Now. Quit reading and get on the phone

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:01 PM
take that money and get a 1.8t golf

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:32 PM
well im about 17-18k into it including buying it. so i would almost be breaking even.

as far as the crx goes, its worth no wear near 5k. it was stolen and thrashed, but the powertrain is still fine.

and id love to have an LS1, but i dont think i will be able to afford my insurence. my buddy got a quote on a 2000 LS1 camaro. it was 512 a month for full coverage.. hes driving record is bad but mine isnt that much better. STI's/gto's and what not arent even an option.

and i dont really want to throw 20k down on a brand new car. id be happey with a cheap car thats decently fast. (the ls/vtec rex)

this is my 3rd cavi... i dont think ill get another one. unless i can get one hell of a deal on another eco.

it would be nice to have money saved in the bank and invested for future use.

Friday, January 13, 2006 7:10 AM
Take the money and put it down on a GTO.

Friday, January 13, 2006 8:46 AM
just because that is what you put in it doesnt mean its worth it , since its not new and has been used and slightly abused

you can prob find a cav like yours for less than 10k on a lot used , and then add the turbo for another 1500-3500

but if the guy is that crazy , if you havent taken the money yet , your as crazy as he is

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search