Gear box lube??? on a saturn - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gear box lube??? on a saturn
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:20 PM
ok so i got a 97 saturn sl2 and it's hard as hell to put it into any gear, i feel like i'm driving a rigg the way i have to slam it into gear sometimes, now a couple months back i had to replace the shift cables on my sunfire and noticed on the gear box that it was greased, does anyone know if there should be a grease nipple on there? or if i just use like bearing grease and rub it on? i'm not even sure if this is the problem, but i hope it is instead of having to buy a new gear box, if anyone knows what kind of grease would go on the gearbox or has any idea what may need to be done please let me know. thanks again

Re: Gear box lube??? on a saturn
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:08 PM
My Friends 97 SC2 is the saw way. Just get some white lithium grease spray and take off the center console and spray it into the cables as good as you can, it will make it a little better. We have yet to find a better way of doing it. If you figure anything else out let me know but in the winter that thing is terrible to shift. Good luck.

-Adam

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:32 AM
nightfire - just a heads-up, your sig is MASSIVE...and i know someone's going to say something about it to you.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:56 AM
go to a parts store and ask them.

and yor sig is not only too big no one wants to see your ricer interior.

-Borsty
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:24 PM
garsnow - thanks for the help, i'll run by the auto parts store tomorrow i guess cause i gotta get my alternator checked out on my sunfire anyways.

lilbit01 & borsty - i know it's big, my wife likes it that way haha... i dont know how to size it any different, it took me 3 years to figure out how to post it up

borsty - maybe it is rice, but ya know what? it's my car not yours you dont have to drive it, i do and i like it.... plus i aint bashin those $2 hookers you got on your sig am i?

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:19 PM
Borsty wrote:go to a parts store and ask them.

and yor sig is not only too big no one wants to see your ricer interior.

It's not rice for the simple reason it looks like he didn't half ass it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search