My new toy to play with... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new toy to play with...
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:36 AM
how i bought it.

the first major purchase

and the newest toy

the latest toys are a leveling lift...and 15" wheels with 31" tires. and round fogs for the bar.

Re: My new toy to play with...
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:39 AM
looks good except its a ford

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:48 AM
42zavac wrote:looks good except its a ford

x2

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:49 AM
Its ok.

You can still swap LS1's into FuRds...

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:49 AM
i still have my car...i bought the truck to beat up on...the car still is the babied one.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:57 AM
Isn't it 2wd? I dig lifting a truck but usually you lift a 4wd.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:59 AM
it is 2wd..but im not doing it for performance...im doin it for looks...i dont like the 2wd raked look

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:06 AM
zsquee24 wrote:Isn't it 2wd? I dig lifting a truck but usually you lift a 4wd.

x2

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:11 AM
Looks good except for that Dork standing in your truck Bed. LOLers

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:45 AM
its the ceremonial humping..

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:27 PM
yup that was me humping the 80's style roll bar lol

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 11:00 PM
Haha. You gonna go to the Monster Monster Monster truck ralley at the superdome?

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:35 AM
prolly not. i wouldnt be able to get off of work. and its not 80s style!!! if it was chrome...then you could say that. and my fogs will be on it soon!! it reminds me of marty mcflys truck.

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:40 AM
It looks nice but the first time if snows you are going to be stuck with the 2WD, and the wide huge tires just make it worse. I know cause I have 33's on my Toyota and that thing would be worthless if it wasn't 4x4. I had put it into 4 wheel drive to get out of my parking spot one day when there were just patches of ice under my rear tires lol.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, January 13, 2006 1:08 PM
we already had a "decent" snow this year...it does just fine actually

Friday, January 13, 2006 3:35 PM
it does fine because you dont have the 31's on it yet, just wait til those are on there. That little 4 banger wont last too long pushin them tires either.

I have a buddy who built pretty much the same truck, needless to say he dumped the thing after a couple weeks into the winter and got a REAL 4x4.

But hey its your $hitbox and hope u enjoy.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:22 AM
I don't like the bar at all, and lifting a 2wd truck is just silly.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:07 AM
i just said...its not for performance...its for looks...i couldnt afford a 4x4 and this was a heck of a deal.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:10 AM
Sooo.. You're lifting a 2wd truck, putting big tires on it too.. You're trying to make it look like a 4x4, when it's actually a 2wd.. Would you call this 'truck rice'? lol..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:09 PM
ricer truck lol

hey look at me in my cool big truck.

lets go hit up some trails cool big tired truck guy.

sorry i cant its only a 2wd ricer truck..... and it still looks ugly and cant get out of its own way... even though if i saved up the money i spent on all of the RICER accessories i could have afforded the 4wd.... but i'm stupid and thought that a big truck would make me look cool.

i love the 80's by the way... michael j fox in back to the future 2 is my hero..... what a nice truck.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:37 PM
^^^^^^^^

Bwahahahahaha.. Exactly what I was thinking..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe

Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:48 PM
If I am not mistaken in the 4x4 world you are what we consider a Mall crawler. Sounds a lot better than truck rice.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:49 PM
Amazing. When you get 20,000 people on a site, you get some that get crazy about Cavaliers with wide body kits, lambo doors or sound systems that don't even belong in movie theaters and then you get these guys who beat up on someone with a 2WD truck like they were V8 drivers beating on a 4 cylinder guy...

It all boils down to this... Do what you like and forget the rest, because they don't know what you paid for what and they aren't making the payments!

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:36 AM
this is why im glad i dont need any of your acceptances on what i do to MY cars. im glad you all have opinions, but it get annoying when you rag on someone for what they have. so i cant run out and buy a brand new truck or a 4x4 with the latest gear, ive worked hard for what i got, and im sorry it doesnt meet your appoval. but its a good think i dont really give a crap. if you like it...great..if not...im sorry, its mine and i do.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 4:49 AM
Quote:

this is why im glad i dont need any of your acceptances on what i do to MY cars. im glad you all have opinions, but it get annoying when you rag on someone for what they have. so i cant run out and buy a brand new truck or a 4x4 with the latest gear, ive worked hard for what i got, and im sorry it doesnt meet your appoval. but its a good think i dont really give a crap. if you like it...great..if not...im sorry, its mine and i do.

exactly, and one day when the 4 cylinder has had enough. you can slap a 302 in it!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search