New Parts for the LS1(pics) - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Parts for the LS1(pics)
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:55 AM
new wheels. 17x11 Torque Thrust 2's for the rear 17x9.5's for the front
with sumitomo tires 315/35/17 and 275/40/17

Now for the Go..
comp cam 224/224 - .581/.581 - 112LSA
Chromoly push rods (stock lengh)
Comp 918 valve springs
Rollmaster Double roller timeing set
LS6 oil pump
and the crank bolt and some gaskets

lastly the dirty car they will be going on

currant mods are pacesetter LT headers,Off Road Y pipe(no cats),magnaflow catback,slp subframe connectors,BMR LCA's,BMR front strut tower bar,whisper lid,smooth bellow,LS6 intake mani,NGK TR55 plugs,autolight wires,3.73 gears(its an auto)thunder racing performance cover for the 10 bolt rearend,diablo sport tune...

the car will get retuned after the cam install with HP tuners
let me know what you guys think..and thanks for looking have a nice day

Re: New Parts for the LS1(pics)
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:08 AM
kool. should look good remember to post updates.

------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:39 AM
Cam should be good for ya. Good power throughout the powerband with that one. The 112 LSA should give you a fairly decent lope as well.

I see Rollmaster chain in there...does that come with new gears??
Most guys are just ordering the LS2 timing chain and using the stock gears these days.
Done any research on the double roller chain with stock sized pump?? Some shimming may need needed. Or so I have read....

Did you get retainers for the valvesprings??

Should have gotten better rubber....

Looks like a hell of a list. Car will look GREAT with those wheels. Sound good with that cam, and run like a raped ape once tuned!!!

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747

Sounds like this....when it had the LS1...
Currently under the knife. Transplant surgery.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:47 AM
Quote:

I see Rollmaster chain in there...does that come with new gears??

yes it has new gears it looks like the picture on the box...

Quote:

Done any research on the double roller chain with stock sized pump??

nope no research i dont know much about the cam stuff or all the other aspects about it ive been talking with some local people and this is just what they recomended and the guy that is doing the work has experiance with this cam so...im kinda just taking his word for it.
as for the pump if your taking about the oil pump the LS6 oil pump from my understanding is bigger and better than the one i have because my car is a 2000. gm changed the pumps in 01 along with the intake mani from a ls1-ls6....
Quote:

Did you get retainers for the valvesprings??

gonna reuse the stock retainers again peeps told me it should be fine..

ive got one question for you Mr. Luos
do you think i should have to get a TC for the tranni or will te stock one work just fine..
my car is a daily driver and sadly i do drive it in the winter(thats why its dirty)

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:47 AM
niiiice. . .you should get a ASP pulley while you have that thing apart.. looks like you are having someone else do the work. if I were you I would get them the longer bolts for taking the pulley on and off( see below post) .. unless they have all the special tools to do the job. trust me it will be easier on your crank threads. very nice chocies thou . car will sound great with that cam..

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=839829&postcount=1

Brad

2004 GTO M6 Impluse Blue 1 of 323
429rwhp, 388 rwtq(current with cutouts open)
Stock LS6 heads, HPE S-cam, SW LT headers (no cats), B&M shifter, AeroForce gauges,
FAST 90mm, N.W. 90mm, ford 30#, AMW Catch can, DMH cutouts, K&N intake; Textralia
clutch and flywheel, Pedders Xmember, Diff insert, Patriot Gold spring kit,
Speed Inc. Solid Tensioner, 3.91's
Koni improved (yellows), Baer 14"F & 13"R, super blue fluid, Beyern Type 5 wheels.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:55 AM
yeah the guy doing the work has done 6 cars local so he has all the tools and know how to get the job done right.. i was thinking about a pully but im not sure..i had the underdrive pully on my cav is the asp pully basically the same thing? just for the LSx motor

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:04 AM
Looking good.

We have very similar setups.

What are you putting down?

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:12 AM
Quote:

What are you putting down?

couldn't tell ya never seen a dyno.. after its all put in(withen a week or 2)
this spring or summer im going to drive to speed inc in shaumburg ill. and get it dyno'd
im hopeing for right around 400 rwhp..

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:17 AM
I was refering to the physical dimensions of the oil pump. LS6 pump appears the exact same as the LS1 pump. I have heard of people having problems with fitment when using a double roller chain.

As far as the TC....a higher stall would benefit you. But if you need to stick with the stocker, it shouldn't be a problem once tuned. Before the tune you may have some idle issues though.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:21 AM
Quote:

I was refering to the physical dimensions of the oil pump. LS6 pump appears the exact same as the LS1 pump. I have heard of people having problems with fitment when using a double roller chain.

Oh umm idk.

Quote:

As far as the TC....a higher stall would benefit you. But if you need to stick with the stocker, it shouldn't be a problem once tuned. Before the tune you may have some idle issues though.

good thats what i wanted to hear it will be tuned with HP tuners that same night from the same guy that is installing all of the stuff so i should have no problem then......thats good

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:37 AM
I TC is definetly necessary.

Run a Search or make a post on LS1Tech... aside from the most mildest of cams, upgrading the TC recommended. Strongly Recommended.

In regards to the ASP Pulley... 5rwhp for $220. Ive considered it, but unless I can score one for a stupid awsome I just left my husband and am selling off all his toys price Im not going to run it.

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:48 AM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:I TC is definetly necessary.

Run a Search or make a post on LS1Tech... aside from the most mildest of cams, upgrading the TC recommended. Strongly Recommended.

In regards to the ASP Pulley... 5rwhp for $220. Ive considered it, but unless I can score one for a stupid awsome I just left my husband and am selling off all his toys price Im not going to run it.

ASP, March....10 RWHP for roughly $200. Get one at price....much cheaper.
The TC...I agree it will need to be upgraded to maximize the cam. But for a daily driver and with a tune the stocker should be fine for now.
How much strip time does the car get?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:54 AM
im lucky if i go to the track 3 times a year and its just for fun i will do like 5 passes each time and then just watch.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:01 AM
Well...Like I mentioned...you would benefit from a higher stall. Not too big with that cam though. Maybe a 3500.
But for now...the stocker will work. When you can though....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:08 AM
thanks for all the help guys
and as far as a stall it will happen just more later than sooner..

and keep the coments comin..

Saturday, January 21, 2006 9:49 AM
UPDATE... car is going in on the 30th for all the work and a dyno tune. sry the pics dnt work they should within a day or 2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search