Whats the cheaper way to go? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whats the cheaper way to go?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:39 AM
I have a choice right now I have an 01xtreme that I either wanna make a little faster or i can buy an 86 fullsize truck and make it into a off road truck which one would be easier/cheaper in your minds? If i buy the fullsize I will still keep the xtreme..but if I just make the xtreme faster im going to be just driving it year round. Thanks in advance....oh the truck has a new jasper motor 350 with 30000 and rebuilt rear end and trans....just needs a new carb and it would be totally driveable

Re: Whats the cheaper way to go?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:40 AM
i'd go w/ the 01 xtreme, but im a bit partial to s10's

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:44 AM
I'd go with the fullsize. Making a blazer faster is a waste of money, and 4x4'ing is infinitely funner than running 16's in the quarter, down from 17.

---

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:07 AM
if teh s10 has a v6 put a charger on it

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:25 AM
It's a s-10 xtreme with the 4.3 V6 in it........I was looking for chargers last night a lot of them are running 10psi and pushing low 13's.............Im kinda looking more into my s10 because i think it would just be fun to have a little street truck to run around in i guess not sure

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:32 AM
Quote:

It's a s-10 xtreme with the 4.3 V6 in it........I was looking for chargers last night a lot of them are running 10psi and pushing low 13's.............Im kinda looking more into my s10 because i think it would just be fun to have a little street truck to run around in i guess not sure

do the charger if i would have kept mine thats what i woulda did put some nice wheels on it and keep it a sleeper besides all the extreme stuff thats on it from the factory..put a posi rearend in it and have some fun..just my .02

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:33 AM
you can always drop a 350 in the s10

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:09 AM
It came with a posi

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:10 AM
themarin8r wrote:you can always drop a 350 in the s10

Ive not really looked into it this far but I have a hard time finding a lot of info on this swap any idea where I could find a whole article?

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:15 AM
yeah s10forums.com

jagsthatrun.com

the s10 forum has a whole forum inside of it dedicated to the v8 swap

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:21 AM
a guy in my old town had one dropped in
its pretty friggin mean

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:41 AM
full size...how often will you really run your xtreme. you can take a full size off road every day of the week and find amusment in it.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:47 AM
Neither of them will be used that much.....closest track is 1hr away closest trails are 1 1/2 away. There is a few little trails by my house but nothing big.....The investment I think in both will be apprx the same......not totally sure what I am going to do........

I just know if I buy the fullsize il prolly have to dump 2500 for suspension if im looking right thats not with bigger wheels either.....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:05 PM
do the s10. www.s10forum.com v8 swaps not as complicated as u'd think. give it a look

Sorry.....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:23 PM
The S10 will be less expensive. With the Blazer you're looking at suspension, tires, wheels, gears, engine, for sure. You may need front and rear axles, brakes, and transfer case. The S-10 engine, wheels and tires, and possibly gears suspension, and brakes.

It's definitely cheaper to build a quick 2wd, then it is to build a 4x4. Now when you go all out with either the costs are both about the same, but for moderate use a 4x4 is more.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:29 PM
like i said before and someone else mentioed..check out the s10forum

As much as your going to spend to properly lift a fullsize, you can have a 350 for cheap..espeiclly if you have a good v6 engine in it, sell that bitch and make back half your money

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:06 PM
street truck

-Borsty
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:27 AM
I have been checking out the s10 forums a lot now I think im going to stick with the truck this way insurance wont rag on two vehicles because I have quite the record and pay a nice little monthly bill....now I just need to decided what to do because if im putting my figures together I can go boosted or just put a v8 for about the same dollars........but v8 should run a little faster if its done right

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:56 AM
well...the v8 can be cheaper. I mean with that, if you have a good engine, you can sell it and the transmission and make back a nice chunk of change...most of the times more than half of the swap price.

But you gotta look at reliability swap vs. charger
and the down time youll have when doing either or.

i had a 2.2l so i was big on the v8 swap but if i had a 6 i prolly would have went with the S/C

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:33 PM
im puttin a 2.2 in mine instead of a v8, cuz of gas lol. but i got my v8 for 200 bucks.

Sorry.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search