new STI - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new STI
Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:50 AM
for me this is a big decision...STI or keep the 99 turbo Z? my Z was up for sale and got broken into at school only taking my gauges and face place no damage...now is all fixed but i ended up not selling...now im in love with the STI but cant decide on letting go of the cavy or not...ne input good or bad see what everyone would do in the situation...

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Re: new STI
Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:53 AM
if i had this decision i would be looking at car payments and insurence..since i'm young and not have established a lot of credit then my payments be high as hell so i'd settle for a turbo'd Z.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.63@87.86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:16 PM
I'd keep the Z. The payments & insurance alone on the STi will be a kick and a half compared to the Z
Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:22 PM
Depends how much your really want it. Its a nice car but I don't want to tell you what your car payments would be unless you put a LOT down on it. As for insurance, it will probably rival your car payment if you are under 25.

"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding"
Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:15 PM
if you got the $$ go for it!.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:58 PM
Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:12 PM
hahahahahahaaha^^^^

I really hate the looks of the new one but mechanically its a masterpiece. Id go for it if u have the money

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:55 PM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:Real Car > Econo Box

Hmmm.

EXACTLY

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:16 PM
Well, lets look at this logically...

1999 Chevy Cavalier with a turbo...I bet one of those nieghbor kids have been staring at that thing for a while... you sell it to his rich papa which buys it for his son to make up for all those "business trips" that forced him to be away from his son sporting events. You sell it for more than its worth

200? STi...you pull up in your driveway in this beast of a car as that kid is washing your old car. at that instant, he runs to his dad and starts nagging for an Sti and you can just sit and laugh.

Think of it this way. I know a lot of people on this forum would pick an Sti over a cavalier if they had the choice, at least i would but its your choice. but, i gave you my 2 cents worth.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:08 PM
If money isnt an issue, get the STI.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Monday, January 09, 2006 1:02 AM
I like the cavy turbo because no one expects it

I like the STi because they handle like slot cars off the show room floor and they are fast... and add some suspension mods and some basic breathing mods and you've got a 300 whp car that handles like you're driving a race car

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, January 09, 2006 5:23 AM
/\/\/\
i thought the new sti had low torwue though
im gonna go double check my info......
(3 min later lol)
ya has 131 torque... but with 200 horse i guess makes the difference
i want one now...
Monday, January 09, 2006 5:32 AM
Jago N wrote:/\/\/\
i thought the new sti had low torwue though
im gonna go double check my info......
(3 min later lol)
ya has 131 torque... but with 200 horse i guess makes the difference
i want one now...

Subaru STI not Honda SI dude.....

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:07 AM
Only if its a pre-2006 STi... the front end on the new ones is hideous.

Personally I would look for like a 2004 with low miles, in white if possible

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:22 AM
Keep the Z. You'll begin to hate the car because of the insane payments and insurance costs. I'd just run the Z until the wheels fall of.

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:35 AM
NO^ The STi is superior to the z in almost every way. almost

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:56 PM
i dont like the look of the new STi

personally the cav is less money in the long run , and cheaper insurance

even if you have to build a motor for it

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:00 PM
^^^and you will.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:50 PM
Like everyone said; If your pockets aint hurtin you better get the sti (just make sure its a 2005 at the latest). But if you think you may have trouble with funds, drive the cav.

-Adam

Monday, January 09, 2006 8:13 PM
GET THE STi......(see sig for motivation)

I am telling you, it is no comparison to a damn cavalier. I started with a 14 second 2.2l ohv (nitrous) cavalier, then upgraded to an 03 WRX, and now have the 04 STi and I am rewarded every day I drive the damn thing.

Upgrades possibilities are endless as compared to a J-body. 400-500 whp on the stock motor.....sure. Tranny is bullet proof, clutch is good for 400whp

Bottom line. GET THE STi , as if it wasnt clear enough.

If you have any specific questions on the car, feel free to ask.

2004 WR Blue/silver STi
Cobb Stage II
12.69 @ 106.1mph 1.66 = 60ft
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search