question about vw gti - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about vw gti
Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:31 PM
ok if my loan goes through i might be owning a 02 vw gti with the 1.8t auto 5 speed not a bad car its loaded and what not but anyways

does anyone have any idea how fast they are with the 5 speed auto trans i took it for a ride and it feels faster then by bu and that runs about 14.5 to .7 ish so i know its not that fast any ideas would be great

and does anyone know any good sites to get perfomance parts for them

thanks guys

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Re: question about vw gti
Saturday, January 07, 2006 5:12 PM
all i can say is very very nice cars. my friend has an 02 aswell and it is quick but im not sure on any specs. and as for sites i dont know cuz im in the UK

that wasnt very helpful but oh well lol.

------------------------------------------------

Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:30 PM
I think that car should be in mid to low 15s if you drive it right. For forums, check out www.vwvortex.com, plenty of @!#$s but a decent forum.

For performance parts try the crappy www.neuspeed.com, for chip/reflash tuning check out http://www.goapr.com/VW/index.html, for turbo needs www.eiptuning.com, and for absolutely everything for Volkswagen/Audi tuning and customization, try www.ecstuning.com

Hope this helps and good luck with the car.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:11 PM
read all of this

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=101619&t=101619&start=0

and they aren't as fast as they feel.... mid 15's low 15's stock at best

Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:50 AM
^^^ i would consider that fast enough since most of the ppl around here run riced out civics civic si's (<< the minivan looking ones)

thanks for the info guys

i must say its fully loaded except for leather and it has 40k miles and i picked it up for 11k not to bad i would say

thanks again

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:47 PM
Between getting my license and buying my Cavalier I used to drive my dad's 99 Jetta... it was the 2.0 auto so it was slow as hell (about 18.2 on the quarter, lol) but it looked great, handled brilliantly, had good brakes, and the girls loved it.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:25 PM
JH: It's called the 2.slooooow for a reason

If it's not network news, it's probably the truth getting out.

Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them
down a flight of stairs.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:46 PM
Ya, I know. But my dad has a 'Vette for when he wants to go fast so he got the two-point-suck for saving gas.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search