Charger and Fusion is doing good - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Charger and Fusion is doing good
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:09 AM
Good to see a demand for US cars.

Since its launch in May, the 2006 Dodge Charger has attracted a younger buyer to Dodge and is selling for a higher price than other premium mid-sized vehicles.
But more Chargers are sold with rebates than is typical in the premium mid-sized car segment. And it's taking dealers longer to sell the Charger than its platform-mate, the Chrysler 300, according to data from the Power Information Network.
Power data show that in its seventh month on sale, the Charger averaged 36 days on dealership lots before selling. The 300 averaged 16 days in its seventh month in the market.

The car held 3.7 percent of the premium mid-sized car segment, Libby says. Vehicles in the segment include the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Chevrolet Impala and Nissan Altima.
Through November, Dodge sold 37,667 Chargers. November sales were 6,827 units. Chrysler has produced 69,328 Chargers this year.
By comparison, Chrysler built 68,616 units of the 300 in its first seven months, from January through July of 2004. After the 300 went on sale in April 2004, Chrysler reported 82,721 sales during the next seven months, although that included some sales of the predecessor vehicle, the 300M.

Power data show:

>> In November, 88 percent of Charger sales included a customer cash rebate, compared with 52 percent for the segment. But the Charger rebate averaged $1,104 a unit in November - below the segment average of $1,487.

>> In November, the Charger's average transaction price, less customer cash rebate, averaged $29,366. That compares with a segment average of $23,550.

>> The Charger is capturing a younger buyer than the segment average. In November, Charger buyers averaged 40 years of age, compared with 44 years for the segment.

Ford Fusion is doing good too!

Dealers have one major complaint about the 2006 Ford Fusion: They can't get enough of them.

The new mid-sized sedan has posted stronger-than-targeted sales since it arrived in dealerships in late September, Ford Motor Co. says. But shipments to dealers still are below expectations because of supply disruptions at Ford's Hermosillo, Mexico, plant.
Ford assembles the Fusion and its Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr siblings at Hermosillo.
Collins & Aikman, a large interior trim supplier going through Chapter 11 bankruptcy restructuring, has been a major contributor to the slowdown at Hermosillo, Ford officials have acknowledged. The most prominent stoppage occurred in early October, when an undisclosed number of production days were lost.

But there have been no major disruptions of late, said Tony Brown, Ford senior vice president of global purchasing.
Collins & Aikman has experienced difficulties ramping up to full production in Hermosillo, acknowledged David Youngman, a spokesman for the supplier. But "we have made the Fusion, Zephyr, Milan launch our top priority and are working with support from the customer to fulfill all of our obligations."

Ford so far has produced just more than 52,000 Fusions, Milans and Zephyrs, Ford spokesman Paul Wood said. About 50,000 have been released, he said. Ford has sold 15,481 through November.
Ford is still short of its target to have produced around 55,000 vehicles by now. But the company is closing the gap, officials said. Hermosillo is now producing around 900 vehicles a day. Weekly production has exceeded the weekly target by an average of about 400 vehicles for each of the last several weeks, Wood said.

Dealers will welcome that additional volume.
Many dealers say the Fusion is garnering a level of attention not seen by Ford cars, other than the Mustang, in years.
"I am not getting enough of them right now, but as a dealer that's not bad," said Jerry Reynolds. of Prestige Ford in Garland, Texas, in an e-mail. "They are bringing a premium, and we have a waiting list for incoming vehicles."

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: Charger and Fusion is doing good
Monday, December 12, 2005 11:48 AM
If I had to pick between the 300c and the charger, I'd say I'd have to go with the 300c..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:23 PM
everytime i see a charger i feel like puking...

flipping 4-doors

Check out my build thread!

Monday, December 12, 2005 8:49 PM
I love the Charger

And i think the Fusion is pretty sweet as well

Monday, December 12, 2005 9:27 PM
Fusion... Damn is that ever a fun family car. Since the Fusion is based on the Mazda 6, hmm maybe a AWD Turbo-4 from MazdaSpeed 6 would go a long way. SVT should take a look on that one.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:37 PM
Ive seen a couple around town, and i really like how they look

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:12 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Fusion... Damn is that ever a fun family car. Since the Fusion is based on the Mazda 6, hmm maybe a AWD Turbo-4 from MazdaSpeed 6 would go a long way. SVT should take a look on that one.

Im hoping SVT takes a look at the Fusion............Mmmmmmmmmmm

i love SVT!!!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:37 PM
Well, once SVT gets ahold of a Fusion and does their performance magic, will they call it the "Nuclear Fusion"?

If some guy buys a Ford Fusion, and it doesnt start, is it Fission reaction?

If some guy cant turns the headlight switch on instead of the trunk release, can it be called conFusion?

Ford cracks me up with some of the names they come up with for their cars. The Ford Focus (if there are none of the car lot, they are Out of Focus). I'll leave Ford Probe alone as it speaks for itself. Mercury Mystique (pronounce it "Mistake"). I was actually surprised with all the success Ford has had in Nascar, they didnt name their new car after one of the tracks. I believe Ford had a car called the "Talledega" (I hope I spelled that right) back in the 1970's. They certainly could have resurrected that name.

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:38 AM
Talledega was actually a special edition of the Torino.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:34 PM
Blue Shark wrote:Ford cracks me up with some of the names they come up with for their cars.

And GM's names are all so much better?

First of all, I'd like to thank wesmanw02 for being such a Cobalt-nut-sucking tool.
Secondly, I'd like to thank Travis Kearny for being so entertaining.

I <3 falnfenix, JimmyZ, Borsty, NJHK, and all the other intelligent people on JBO

Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:37 PM
No, GM isnt necessarily better than Ford for some odd ball names. I thought the Chevy "Lumina" sounded better pronounced "Aluminum". It just seems Ford has been on a roll with coming up with new car names.

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:49 PM
Charger and Fusion are doing well*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search