A question for the Honda guys - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A question for the Honda guys
Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:08 PM
Ive got the chance to buy a 92 civic dx, 5spd, for $500 the body is good, needs carpet on the inside. Runs but burns oil. would you buy it if you intended to swap a new motor into it? I assume its obd1, could I use an OBD0 swap? and would a b16 drop in or would I need motor mounts. Thanks

Jon

Re: A question for the Honda guys
Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:48 PM
I would buy it and swap the motor and I don't even like Honda's.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Sunday, December 11, 2005 4:54 PM
ok my bad, its a 1991, and I forgot to mention its a hatch

Jon
Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:05 PM
if you have the money and intend to do the swap right away (or danr close to it) then i would say sure give it a shot

Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:08 PM
red97cavy wrote:Ive got the chance to buy a 92 civic dx, 5spd, for $500 the body is good, needs carpet on the inside. Runs but burns oil. would you buy it if you intended to swap a new motor into it? I assume its obd1, could I use an OBD0 swap? and would a b16 drop in or would I need motor mounts. Thanks

Jon

hey whats up 500 bucks is a great deal. I would definatly go for it. Especially with a good body. Check the rear fenders for rust. inside and out.

yes you will need mounts for it. (hasport 300 dollars) Your also going to need to do an

thats all that i can answer 100 percent for you..

go to www.ef-honda.com and ask anything else you might want to know..

Sunday, December 11, 2005 5:36 PM
go for it

Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:43 PM
those 91 hatches are fugly as hell... but for 500$ why not. I think on average the swaps cost between 1500-2000 for the b16. All in all, not a bad price whether you're gonna swap it yourself of pay someone... its a good car and should be fairly quick.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:49 PM
Why are you only swapping a B16?

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:26 PM
Spitfire2332 wrote:those 91 hatches are fugly as hell...

red97cavy wrote:Ive got the chance to buy a 92 civic dx

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:28 PM
Why not go turbo d series? save your money

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:52 PM
J K (91_CRX) wrote:
Spitfire2332 wrote:those 91 hatches are fugly as hell...

red97cavy wrote:Ive got the chance to buy a 92 civic dx

red97cavy wrote:ok my bad, its a 1991, and I forgot to mention its a hatch

Sunday, December 11, 2005 9:35 PM
Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:07 PM
Worst case scenario, you decide not to do it, and either resell it or part it out and potentially double your money. Either way, it seems like a win-win situation

Monday, December 12, 2005 3:58 AM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:Why are you only swapping a B16?

Because everyone and their grandma wants to swap a B18 because its the cool thing to do right now. So you can find B16 swaps pretty damn cheap. Also a turbo d-series wouldn't be that great. Considering its a DX its not the 1.6L SOHC Vtec motor. So you'd have to do a mini me swap (head swap) and that would require having to hook up V-Tec somehow and getting it to work. Not to mention swapping the head and all the fits that thing throws. Your not even into troubleshooting turbo problems and you've already got 15-16.

Anyways turbo B-Series > Turbo D Series

All motor B Series > Turbo D Series.

Monday, December 12, 2005 5:35 AM
hey worlds fastest talon.....my boy had a twin greddy T66 turbo talon runnin 10.2 in quarter mile...so less u run faster than that...then u aint got a fast talon
Monday, December 12, 2005 10:23 AM
^^ I don't think he's serious about his N/A Talon being the world's fastest haha...

Yeah it sounds like a deal.. I sold my '89 hatch with a blown engine for $400.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, December 12, 2005 2:34 PM
Why am I not going b18? simple, I can buy a b16 swap for around 1200, a b18 goes for 2000-3300 or so depending if its a b18c or b18b and if you get lsd or not. Plus I plan to boost it so Ill make up for the power difference.

I agree its fugly, but they dont weigh @!#$, especially gutted, plus i want it to be a sleeper. Lowered with some rota slipstreams in flatblack....Yum..

What about the ZC swap? any one know anything about those?

Ohh yea and something just sounds good about getting a car, and getting a low mileage engine all for around 2000 with some upgrades.

Jon
Monday, December 12, 2005 3:41 PM
Go for it! I am looknig at buying a 95 EX for $900! And throwing in either my GSR or LS/Vtec

Monday, December 12, 2005 5:25 PM
check out club civic. its a forum like this for civics. my boyfriend has a 95 ex and has learned so much from the guys there. lots info on swaps the different engines and everything, hes a civic expert now, so yea check it out.

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:39 PM
Before you guys start goin all hail the DOHC motors. Check this thread out. It really puts things into perspective

Clickitay

more or less your gonna end up spending way to much on the dohc....

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:59 PM
Doug Bradford wrote:hey worlds fastest talon.....my boy had a twin greddy T66 turbo talon runnin 10.2 in quarter mile...so less u run faster than that...then u aint got a fast talon

no one cares and its a joke. i guess your going to call him out on his car not being a cookie and him calling it oreo too.

retard.

-Borsty

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:14 PM
Doug Bradford wrote:hey worlds fastest talon.....my boy had a twin greddy T66 turbo talon runnin 10.2 in quarter mile...so less u run faster than that...then u aint got a fast talon

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:30 PM
lol

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:48 PM
Quote:

What about the ZC swap? any one know anything about those?

I know that that ZC swaps easily into a 91 CRX without changing the mounts. As for the 92, I don't know. I like the ZC, good motor. Are you building this car as your daily driver or do you want to get it back into good shape and sell it?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:00 PM
I have no idea what I want to do with it yet, i might just use it for my daily until the cavy is done, or I might just fix it and sell it, or I might just mod it and have 2 play cars!

Jon
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search