2006 Shelby GT500 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Shelby GT500
Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:34 AM
I just got my issue of Road & Track and on the front cover is a picture of the 475hp Shelby GT500. I personally think it is a styling miss, not a hit. It looks too much like the basic Mustang with snake badging. Somehow I expected something with a more muscular look. Also, isnt it about time to do an update to the Cobra snake emblem?

I finally figured out from the side profile photograph what is wrong with styling proportions on the new mustangs in general. There is almost no front body work overhang from the front wheels forward, however there is substantial rear body work overhang from the rear wheels back. When I see the new Mustangs in person, it doesnt look that bad. But in photographs, it really stands out. If you look at the side profile of say a 2005 Pontiac GTO or Dodge Charger R/T, the front and rear body overhang is in much better proportion. I'm wondering if Ford marketing people wanted a larger trunk for the car(or to allow the convertible to have a decent size trunk), and that is why the rear portion of the car seems out of balance with the front. Anyone seeing what I'm seeing?

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Re: 2006 Shelby GT500
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:51 AM
Where are the pictures?

New sig in the works
Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:04 AM
Blue Shark wrote: Anyone seeing what I'm seeing?

Ford is selling thousands of new Mustangs, so obviously not...

The new Cobra is going to be sensational...

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:12 AM
I think the styling is great. And like ^ said Ford has sold so many of those I don't think anyone sees what you do. And the new Shelby will be P.I.M.P.

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:22 PM
I think the new Mustangs are awesome.. There's a guy running around with one.. Black, racing stripes, and rousch <sp?> wheels.. Makes me drool everytime I see it!

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Saturday, December 10, 2005 3:02 PM
WhiteCav01 wrote:Where are the pictures?

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:01 PM

side by side comparison

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:05 PM
more:

this shot makes it look evil:

mmmm supercharger:

and the side pic:

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:13 PM
you know what? there's nothing there to like. that's just ugly and they need to update the snake logo and do something about that lame overhang in the back.

what a total styling miss......

ok, now you can slap me
that car is the hawtness. best stang evar!!!!

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:39 PM
they sell so many and yet their financial situation isnt much better than gms

anyway
im curious on the price

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:50 PM
Around $40K is projected.^^

After driving the GT version at 125+ mph at Homestead speedway, the only thing I can say this Cobra MUST be bad ass!
This latest Mustang is simply superb!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:52 PM
I dunno know, at a price tag $40,000.00+, the 475hp is fine(actually, incredible), it is the 4,000 lb+ curb weight that is kind of a bummer. The Shelby Cobra in the R&T issue doesnt have the LeMans stripes which obviously adds some visual appeal in the pictures Chris posted. The side profile is where the Mustang looks a** end heavy. I'm sure the guy or gal (Ford is planning on selling 10,000 of these) that buys Shelby GT500 will be more interested in at as a collector item than necessarily as a stoplight to stoplight champion.

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:07 PM
yea they for sure needed some more styling to set it apart from the regular mustang. Like the side vents that were on the old GT500..mmmm that'd be nice

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:14 PM
My Frends dad just test loaded the car. He got to take it for a little spin also he said its quite fast. SOOOO here are a couple Real Pictures for you guys. If you want some more of the interior and suff just holler... Hope you guys enjoy

-Adam

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:53 PM
Sivler06Cobalt (David Neal) wrote:yea they for sure needed some more styling to set it apart from the regular mustang. Like the side vents that were on the old GT500..mmmm that'd be nice

the whole idea of the shelby before was to make it fast and then some subtle style differences. If you look at all the shelby mustangs from the past they aren't that much different, just a few things here and there

Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:59 AM
this is really nitpicky, but the car is techincally a 2007, it goes on sale in 2006, that the only downside i can see from now

and the last i've heard they will sell as many as people want to buy, not be limited production

Sunday, December 11, 2005 2:03 PM
The actual look of the car will not be anouned till the 2006 Detroit Auto Show, and you can bet your ass that I will be there to see it

dan

Travel with me through my deep thoughts y'all can't learn dubduce18s by the stuff y'all be
readin in The ORG; It's deeper of course ... Lord help me, all I ever wanted to be was
wealthy or somebody to tell me that they felt me.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 2:06 PM
Also, the new saleen version of the mustang, is twin screw Supercharger, and does 500hp and 480 some torque.

dan

Travel with me through my deep thoughts y'all can't learn dubduce18s by the stuff y'all be
readin in The ORG; It's deeper of course ... Lord help me, all I ever wanted to be was
wealthy or somebody to tell me that they felt me.
Sunday, December 11, 2005 7:06 PM
id like to see one sell for 40k if thats msrp

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search