Twin Charged Redline video - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Twin Charged Redline video
Friday, December 09, 2005 7:01 AM
God I want this car so bad.. Est is 400-450whp..

http://www.djwretched.com/TwinCharged.wmv

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe

Re: Twin Charged Redline video
Friday, December 09, 2005 7:13 AM
what a @!#$ty video

SPONSORED BY: CAVALIER EXTREME
Friday, December 09, 2005 7:19 AM
The stock tach really sucks balls and wtf is up with the speedo? It goes flying up and comes back down with the tach quickly. I bet it would make more power with a better turbo and no sc.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, December 09, 2005 7:30 AM
Sounds like he's breaking the tires loose, hence the speedo jump. My friend works at a Saturn dealership and was driving one of their Redline's when a Stang GT pulled up next to him... he said it was close until 60.
Friday, December 09, 2005 8:14 AM
Fire Fighter wrote:The stock tach really sucks balls and wtf is up with the speedo? It goes flying up and comes back down with the tach quickly. I bet it would make more power with a better turbo and no sc.

Guess you've never seen tires breaking loose?? The car is pushing 400-450whp.. He's breaking the tires loose on 4th gear.. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:21 AM
Very nice.
Any info on any other engine work done besides what's listed?

Friday, December 09, 2005 4:10 PM
breaking tires loose is insane, kind of waste of power . . .

btw insane car omg speedomtere goes up crazy fast

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Friday, December 09, 2005 4:49 PM
yeah that is impressive but all the power in the world doesn't mean @!#$ if all you do is spin

Friday, December 09, 2005 4:58 PM
ahah a buddy sent me this video... and as soon as i watched it, it made me want to get my project done even sooner i cant wait 3 weeks

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Friday, December 09, 2005 5:45 PM
that is wicked!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, December 09, 2005 9:56 PM
that would be cool if he could actually use the power. Kinda pointless to have 450HP when all he can do is make smoke.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:35 AM
lone_wolf wrote:Est is 400-450whp..

I call . It looks to be a stock Redline motor with a bolt on turbo kit. MAYBE by some strech of the imagination he is pushing 300-350, but I highly doubt he's making any more then that.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:03 AM
twincharged.........

I'll have to see pics with the turbo..........

Lets jus put up a scenario that the road is slick, you have a 200hp car stock. header, full open exhaust, and a CAI, you can probably pull 20-40more hp (going from that one guys dyno of his Cobalt SS).

That on a slick road, would give you no traction, thus raising the speedo that quickly. That would give an effect of a high HP car but its quite on the contrary.

Just a scenario, not saying that this car isn't twincharged or not pushing whatever amount of HP it says its pushing which I also HIGHLY doubt. haha

Has anyone actually seen a 4cyl with 260+hp........

they have NO TRACTION in dry all the way into 3rd, and this car has en excess of 400.........c'mon get real here.

Also it looks to be snow on the ground as he's driving? Can anyone else see this?

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:35 AM
Yeah I see snow in the background it seems................I could easily lose traction if that was the case myself!

Video sucks, I call BS as of now.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:15 AM
its not traction, if you driving on a wet or slick snow you dont grab traction after slipping like he was. Notice he will slip slip slip slip, then almost instatly grab traction? If the roads were snowing and wet, that wouldnt happen, the car would just keep slipping.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:31 AM
yaay
anyone can spin the tires when its wet out
yaay

Two wrongs don't make a right. Unless you're Chuck Norris.
Then two wrongs make a roundhouse kick to the face.
Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:42 AM
Well if its dry out then all it is is a waste of tire. further proof that you can have all the horsepower in the world but if you can't get traction you can't win a race.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:03 AM
The car was supposively built by http://www.psifimotorsports.com/
I'm still trying to find exact specs for the car.. I'm pretty sure the road wasn't wet, or covered in snow, etc..

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:18 PM
Unless that town is cocaine heaven! There's snow on the ground bro! Look above the gauge cluster the entire video. You'll see a constant white line on the ground, then some patches, then back to a full thick line. Then the very end of the video where it stops it shows a house and yard convered in white stuff.

also what do you mean he gets traction rapidly? He shifts when the speedo stops jumping to 120. Everyone who has answered in the post that it was in the rain knows because everyone has done it before. That's exactly how the speedo reacts when flooring it in the rain while driving.

I can pull off a somewhat similar video with my 109whp 2200 in the rain. I can break em loose in 3rd+ but mid range 2nd gear they react they exact same way as in the vid. If I made a vid with the nitrous going It would probably be close to that video.

I have to find this video I have of a 380whp hatch on a test drive for the first time. He can't even get on it hard until 5k 3rd gear. He's clearly in the dry as its better quality video. And also who would drive like that in a turbo car? That's asking for something to break just going out there and getting on it on STOCK tires haha. C'mon

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:24 PM
hatches are way to light to compare hp. 500 hp hatch will out run most 700-800 hp cars

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:25 PM
Sorry.. But I find it more believable, then a 2200 ohv pushing 220hp.. Now c'mon.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:37 PM
^ lol. well the twin charged cooper S's put down 300 wheel on stock internals... i would believe 400 from this car i guess.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:43 PM
lone_wolf wrote:Sorry.. But I find it more believable, then a 2200 ohv pushing 220hp.. Now c'mon.

I guess you failed to see he is running a 100 shot of nitrous. Maybe if that saturn wasn't plastic, it would weigh more and be able to use some of that hp.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:00 PM
Fire Fighter wrote:
lone_wolf wrote:Sorry.. But I find it more believable, then a 2200 ohv pushing 220hp.. Now c'mon.

I guess you failed to see he is running a 100 shot of nitrous. Maybe if that saturn wasn't plastic, it would weigh more and be able to use some of that hp.

Holy crap.. Your ignorance is pretty thick.. First, yeah, he's running nitrous. So what? Unless his engine is seriously built, I call BS on him getting 200hp and 250tq on a 2200 ohv out of just Nitrous. Second.. The Ion weighs as much as the Cobalt SS.. There goes your idiotic plastic theory.. Now burn.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:02 PM
If it weighed more?? Jesus christ, it's already 2900++ lbs!

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search