Cobalt recieves least reliable small car - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cobalt recieves least reliable small car
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:20 PM
Interesting.... clicky
Check the bottom

Re: Cobalt recieves least reliable small car
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:35 PM
that made me laugh out loud. i dont doubt it is nto going to be the most reliable. but omg

based on PREDICTED reliability when the cobalt has beenout for less than 1 model year.

a whole list of MOST reliable small cars and then ONE entry for least reliable and it has been out for less than a model year lol

oh and then there is NO reliable minivans either apparently.

they shouldnt even release crap articles like this.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:08 PM
So basically anything that isnt a Toyota or a Honda sucks ... haha

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:14 PM
^^^ you catch on quick.

I don't doubt the ecotec and drivetrain.....for once GM got that part right. just the rest of the car is still.....Chevy. That said nothing has changed and the Cobalt will be just as horridly cheap as the car it replaced....but at least the darn engine won't blow, spin rod bearings, have failed "internal" water pumps....and so on.

I bought my Z24 based on it being my last new car for a while...hoped it was a reliable car. driving off the lot and over the first few months, it felt like a solid buy. ran great, but in it's first year it all went to hell. I think Cobalt buyers are still in that honeymoon state i and many JBO'ers were once in. In time the Cobalt will show it's signs of being "just another GM car"

junk.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:50 PM
Had my Sunfire for 3 years, not a problem with it other than the tires wearing out faster than sin, and the brake pads squealing...

If it's not network news, it's probably the truth getting out.

Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them
down a flight of stairs.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:54 PM
It made me laugh out loud too, thats why I had to share. I got to the bottom and was like..... well you know.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:58 PM
meh.. GM's get no love except for the GTO (much delayed) and the Corvette.

If it's not network news, it's probably the truth getting out.

Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them
down a flight of stairs.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:17 PM
How in the @!#$ hell did the ridgeline get the most reliable??? it's only been out for like 4 months??? or am i wrong?

every year it just seems like consumer reports is gettin more and more bias againsed american and german cars

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:57 PM
I am not suprised.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:58 PM
hmm
CONSUMER REPORTS ARE FULL OF @!#$

WE WENT OVER THIS

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:04 PM
MSN's a biased website anyway, theres inaccuracies with their Auto's section too, look at the Sunfire GT for example, the ratings for the torque are off, and they listed some of the Honda's having a DOHC engine, when they only made SOHC for that year.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:12 PM
wow this is crap. I can't read that. Damn onesided bastards.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:17 PM
I don't really trust consumer reports. I learned for myself that my Cavalier is a total Turd. I've owned it for a year and a half now and I've had it in for warrenty 11 times now. Infact it's sitting at the dealership right now. But at least the Cobalt doesn't rattle and squeak so much.

I agree, how can the Ridgeline be most reliable. It has only been out for a few months. I debuted as a 2006 model.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:31 PM
Not surprised its a GM after all.

Whats a Cavalier?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:45 PM
and then you get all of the ignorant people that dont realized how retarded the reports are agreeing w/ something they dont know about

other cars, better cars?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:50 PM
No kidding, I put no weight in these "intial" or "predicted" reliability reports. Hasn't gm car bashing and japanese nut swinging been a constant with consumer reports for quite a while now?
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:10 PM
Didn't realize this would cause such a stir. I didn't personally mean anything by it, I just found it interesting. But none the less it does seem very one sided.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 7:16 PM
Sappy96 wrote:hmm
CONSUMER REPORTS ARE FULL OF @!#$

WE WENT OVER THIS

x2

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:57 AM
Consumer reports is crap. Period. Then again.... so are GM vehicles. However, how can they be slamming Infiniti?

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:31 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=102852&t=102044#102852

Pyros777 wrote:
Quote:

Wagons
Toyota Matrix

^ That completely discredits the whole list for me. The toyota matrix/pontiac vibe is of course a joint venture between GM and Toyota, and yet they failed to list the vibe. Bogus.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:37 AM
^^ yea your right.....im pretty shure they are EXACTLY the same right?? i don't think GM changed anything in the vibe

eh whatever, i use to really belive everything they say, i have their car editions from 1997-2005 and every year it seems like there becoming a crock full of @!#$, they go REALLY hard on audi too, and from what ive herd from a few people i know with them none of them have had any problems....they have been awsome cars

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 9:50 AM
interiors and exteriors of the vibe/matrix were designed independently.

Also reliability covers a large area of stuff.

If your talking about drivetrain, the eco/getrag setup is damn near bulletproof IMO, Mines seen 2 people learning to drive stick on it, and 2 full seasons of autocross.

The rest of the car could have problems.

You also have to take into account this was done thru a website, so results can be skewed, the honda forums could have had an all night bash the new cobalt or something.

As Einstein said. "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics"

-Chris

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 10:27 AM
Well the owner of the Chevy dealership that I work for his son got an SS on lease. He turned it in after 4 months says its the biggest piece of crap he ever drove. I don't know
I never took it for a drive I'm only telling what he said.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:04 PM
^^
he probably got smoked by something faster

other cars, better cars?
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:27 PM
Well, the old rule of thumb with GM hasnt changed. Never buy the first model year of a completely new car. Heck, dont buy the second year either!. By the 3rd year, GM seems to get all the kinks out and they are usually ok. Part of the reason I didnt buy an 2003 Ion and bought a 2003 Cavalier Coupe was that the Cavalier was a tried and true platform and I knew what I was getting. The Ion was still a new model and I figured it wouldnt be a ok car till 2005. I hope everyone realizes that the Japanese run into these same kinks on new models, you just never hear about it because they only sell them in the Japanese market until they are happy with the durability and then start selling them State side

"...nevermind maneuvers lieutenant, just go straight at them!"
-Admiral Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search