good choice for 11k - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
good choice for 11k
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:37 PM
just that ^^^^ im tired of my malibu and i have a decent chunk saved up and i was looking for opinions as to what you guys would get if you had 11k and if you can tell me why you would get it

thanks for the opinions

PPPSSSS!!!! MMMMMmmmMMM boost=yummy

Re: good choice for 11k
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:39 PM
f body

-Borsty
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:40 PM
w body

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:57 PM
hmm let me clarify more lol im looking for something practical but still "quick" you know

i mean i live in wisconsin winters suck here i dont want to be stuck with a nice rwd car cause it wont be moving much lol

Monday, November 14, 2005 12:58 PM
w body is a gtp

other cars, better cars?
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:58 PM
well a gtp is a w body

other cars, better cars?
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:59 PM
yeah i knew that but i dunno there nice but i think the interiour looks a little cheap but i really dont care about that i guess

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:11 PM
well what is it that you want?
nice interior? speed? both? neither?

other cars, better cars?
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:22 PM
i guess as much as i can get lol something comfy something i can lug stuff around in and something thats "quick" i dunno what i want lol lots of nice stuff out there

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:27 PM
get a used wrx wagon.

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:40 PM
you could get a used ls sport cav, thats still pretty new

if you want bigger/better, like a buick regal, it's gonna be comfortable and have some room and be reliable (they post the best reliablity statistics of any GM car) but your not gonna have much go unless you get the s/c version, and handling will suck

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:49 PM
I say an Olds Alero, nice car that comes with alot of standard equipment, and a very resonably priced. You could get a nice used one for around 11 or 12. That is my choice.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:56 PM
Having owned an Alero and a Grand Am, I'd pick the GAGT. It's the same car, I'm just partial to the interior aesthetics.

I'd go for a GTP Grand Prix personally. The interior is pretty well sorted out and you get a decent package for the dollar.

If it's not network news, it's probably the truth getting out.

Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them
down a flight of stairs.
Monday, November 14, 2005 2:19 PM
good aftermarket support on said GAGT and alero??

i still want it to go fast lol or atleast made fast

what do you guys think of a volvo s40?

Monday, November 14, 2005 4:36 PM
I'd put 11K down and get myself a CTD Ram 3500 Short Bed Quad Cab 4x4. Edge Juice Box for $500 get 125 hp and run 14s.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Monday, November 14, 2005 4:48 PM
saint, you forgot the practical part.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 14, 2005 5:30 PM
Pontiac Boneville SSEi. Same engine as the other L67 w-bodies except with a nicer interior. I rode in a 95 the other night and loved the interior and the fact that it was pretty damn fast.

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:35 PM
ls1 fbody

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:52 PM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:saint, you forgot the practical part.

How is a 4x4, 4-door, 6-passenger vehicle that can tow 15,000 lbs. and haul over 2,000 lbs. in Wisconsin not practical. I said Short Bed, which means you can't even get Dual Rear Wheels, so it isn't wider then your average Ram, just taller, and the Quad Cab Short Bed isn't all that bad once you get used to it. I'm telling you a 4-door pick-up is probably the most practical vehicle a Guy can own, my Ram in the 3 Months I've owned it has already come in a lot more handy then my Durango ever did.

It doesn't help either that I'm a firm believer in the fact that every guy should own a Truck because you never know when you're going to need to move something and even if you only use the bed one time, then it's worth buying.

Yella02-I promise I will return to you in one piece and this will stay up until I am safely home

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:03 PM
prelude?

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:07 PM
i second the Alero, they are super cheap now. i had one as a rental and really liked it

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:08 PM
Saint wrote:
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:saint, you forgot the practical part.

How is a 4x4, 4-door, 6-passenger vehicle that can tow 15,000 lbs. and haul over 2,000 lbs. in Wisconsin not practical. I said Short Bed, which means you can't even get Dual Rear Wheels, so it isn't wider then your average Ram, just taller, and the Quad Cab Short Bed isn't all that bad once you get used to it. I'm telling you a 4-door pick-up is probably the most practical vehicle a Guy can own, my Ram in the 3 Months I've owned it has already come in a lot more handy then my Durango ever did.

It doesn't help either that I'm a firm believer in the fact that every guy should own a Truck because you never know when you're going to need to move something and even if you only use the bed one time, then it's worth buying.

gas is still over 2.50 in most areas. that takes away a lot of practicality.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 14, 2005 6:30 PM
im still saying GTP. it's a FWD V6, and mine with minimal mods hit a 14.1 in the quarter. you can get a 4 door, fits any sized person, doesnt handle terrible for a FWD, lighter than a Bonnie, and looks better, too. pretty good aftermarket for them now'a days, too. pretty good sized trunk, and the interior is a lot better than it looks. do yourself a favor and at least go have a look at one.

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Monday, November 14, 2005 6:37 PM
Brand New Buick LaCrosse.

They go for 20K USD NEW during GM's upcoming 'Red Tag Event'.

Put 11k down, and finance the rest...

Pimping and Ho's.

Or Just buy an LS1 and call it a day.

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Monday, November 14, 2005 7:54 PM
CTD= Cummins Turbo Diesel, you can easily get 20 MPG out of a CTD once it's broken in

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search