Cobalt SS Supercharged? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cobalt SS Supercharged?
Monday, November 14, 2005 5:58 AM
What is the max PSI you can push on a stock cobalt SS ?

Re: Cobalt SS Supercharged?
Monday, November 14, 2005 6:04 AM
how stock is stock? cause your going to have to change something to boost more?

like stock engine block and internals or what?

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:47 AM
The stock supercharger.. i heard stock its at 5 psi... how far can you push the stock supercharger
Monday, November 14, 2005 6:53 AM
w/ a pulley, who knows
the stock internals are good for 400+hp

other cars, better cars?
Monday, November 14, 2005 7:05 AM
Scott Smith wrote:The stock supercharger.. i heard stock its at 5 psi... how far can you push the stock supercharger

nope. stock psi is 12. got that number form a guy on here, his name is Datsun something.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Monday, November 14, 2005 7:41 AM
should be 12psi
thats what it said on the boost guage

other cars, better cars?
Monday, November 14, 2005 8:59 AM
12psi it hits stock but you could probably get close to 20psi from that charger...gm already had a show car pushing 18 psi from it i believe

so yeah idk

Monday, November 14, 2005 1:57 PM
i own S.O.M. SS/SC and stock the boost hit 12.5, there is a vid on my forum of a guy hitting 15 in stock form, but no well in hell you can get 20 psi on that blower, too much heat and no boost, i am guessing MAX! would be like 18 psi TOPS! on stock engine and stock blower with like a pulley and reflash and other stuff of course, but remember you only hit max boost at the right RPMS and the right gear at the time, like you wont be boosting 12.5 in first gear ever, but you will hit 12.5 psi in like 3rd gear at a higher rpm and the car is climbing, did i help at all.....

Check for Car Domain site for updated pics and more at My Home!
Monday, November 14, 2005 1:59 PM
Yeah...I dunno. I think 20psi might be pushing it.

Monday, November 14, 2005 2:47 PM
Lash wrote:Yeah...I dunno. I think 20psi might be pushing it.

yea it is really pushing it! not possible at all

Check for Car Domain site for updated pics and more at My Home!
Monday, November 14, 2005 3:23 PM
are there after market S/Cs just out of curiosity? or maybe even turbo kits???

"Custom cars, custom problems."-me

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:26 PM
I've heard w a manual boost gauge hooked up they are really only hitting 10 psi. Factory boost gauges have never been accurate, and I doubt GM is any different.

Monday, November 14, 2005 3:43 PM
Mine has read 12.5 max since the day I got it... some people have more, but more often they are only getting 10-12 psi... The supercharger is good for roughly 18psi max before you are spinning it too fast. You can get up to 20 I think, but you would toast the SC in a hurry. No, there are not any direct bolt up kits for the SS/SC yet, but people are working on kits to replace the M62 with an M90 from a GTP.... and putting a whipple TS seems to be on the front of everyones minds too, but nobodys done it yet.
Also, Gravana and Hahn Race Craft are both working on twincharger setups currently... although I have heard no information on either one, HRC did at least had a cobalt with their kit installed on it at SEMA, so I am guessing a few more months on thier kit at least.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Im just pissed, pissed that my freinds are spineless, What else would you
call abandoment some night, when you're in a fight, and they could make things right?
Spineless. I miss some of my old friends, the ones who you could count on,
bet a huge amount on, the fact that they'd always have your back... Its like a kick in
the sack, just knowing, you've got nothing to fall back on. @!#$ this, Im done.
Monday, November 14, 2005 4:46 PM
My factory electic boost gauge is dead on accurate. I had both the stock and a mechanical gauge at the same time and booth seemed to be dead on. Stock boost I would hit 12.5 to 13psi(Boost solinoid bypass mod). Now I hit 16psi with a 3" S\CD pulley.

Modds:
GM Stage 2 with SFPHQ 2.8 pulley
Injen Intake
GM Dual Pass Aftercooler w15psi Surge Tank
GMPP Exhaust Manifold
CTi 3" Downpipe and Cat
Custom 3" Cat Back with Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler
ZZ Engine Mount
ZZ Front Trans Mount
B&M Shifter
NGK BKR7E Plugs
DC Strut Tower Brace

Soon to be installed:
2.6 pulley, Siemens 60lbs Injectors, NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs
Tune Time Custom Dyno Tune

Monday, November 14, 2005 4:55 PM
I'd like to see someone pull off the supercharger and turbocharge it. Spinning that M62 to make 13 psi is probably robbing at least 40hp from the motor. A nice turbo set up minus the s/c on 15 psi would probably yeaild well over 250whp.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:48 PM
^^^Very true. I think swapping out the stock SC for a nice Hahn Stage 2 setup w/PortFueler pushing 15psi would be just dandy

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:52 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:I'd like to see someone pull off the supercharger and turbocharge it. Spinning that M62 to make 13 psi is probably robbing at least 40hp from the motor. A nice turbo set up minus the s/c on 15 psi would probably yeaild well over 250whp.

What's the point of doing that to a 2.0 motor that has a rediculously low rev limiter. Be better off saving 5-7k on on the SS/S and just get a base and turbo it. Or find a way to disengage the VVT on the 2.4L SS motor.

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:54 PM
Travis Mcnulty is running 18 psi on his sc

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 14, 2005 6:17 PM
FstCavZ24 (Turbo ECO) wrote:
Skilz10179 wrote:I'd like to see someone pull off the supercharger and turbocharge it. Spinning that M62 to make 13 psi is probably robbing at least 40hp from the motor. A nice turbo set up minus the s/c on 15 psi would probably yeaild well over 250whp.

What's the point of doing that to a 2.0 motor that has a rediculously low rev limiter. Be better off saving 5-7k on on the SS/S and just get a base and turbo it. Or find a way to disengage the VVT on the 2.4L SS motor.

Because the 2.0L is built and tuned for boost from the factory.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:24 PM
stock is 12psi, u can run a 15psi pulley wit an intake an be fine, theres an 18psi kit available including ECU reprogram and couple little things...

only cool thang about 20degree nites is wackin 7.5psi on a 4.5psi pulley
Monday, November 14, 2005 7:24 PM
and running one at 12psi, an then his uppin to 15psi, he pulls a lot harder..

only cool thang about 20degree nites is wackin 7.5psi on a 4.5psi pulley

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search