1992 mitsubish eclipse 2.0 non turbo - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1992 mitsubish eclipse 2.0 non turbo
Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:23 AM
hey well someone gave me a deal of 900 to buy this car . its a 5 speed and pretty quick .. all it has is intake and catback . its loud and quick . but what else can i do to a eclipse ? its a 1st gen . should i buy it . the driver side window wonj't rold down somethin bout the cable go tangled and split . the header down pipe where it meats the cat broke off . thats really bout it and the tranny grinds alittle in almost every gear . what yall think ?

Re: 1992 mitsubish eclipse 2.0 non turbo
Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:37 AM
iono if 900 is a deal. i'd say thats average going price.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:29 PM
Ur prolly gonna have 21453674 problems with it. But if it checks out fine then go for it.

“Things fall apart. The cracks get wider: More paper is used, with increasing ingenuity, to cover them. Madness implodes, as people are slowly crushed, or, perhaps worse, help in crushing others.”

--Jon Savage
--Melody Maker’s Review of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures when asked “ How has Unknown Pleasures has affected you”

Saturday, November 12, 2005 1:08 PM
Is the body in good shape does it have rust in the undercarriage.
Miles?
You will probably have to throw some money at it to get a new tranny, etc.

www.drluc.ca
Saturday, November 12, 2005 2:05 PM
you dont live in ohio do you?

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:38 PM
it has bout 190000 miles and the oy is in pretty good shap e ... looks pretty good. out how much yall think a tranny will be ? i'll go look on ebay. and i live in lousiiana.
Saturday, November 12, 2005 3:44 PM
I have a friend that likes to jump on $500/$800 deals, but always ends up selling the car to someone else for way less because he realizes the car is just a money pit.

So:

First try to figure how much all the things you think you want to fix would cost. Major or minor. Once you have a number to work with, decide whether or not youre prepared to invest that much. Hopefully its reasonable enough to keep the car and you'll end up with something nice, but if youre just buying it because it was offered for a decent price "as is", I'd stay away.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:12 PM
i dont think its that fast either

it has what, 9x hp
not that great

it already sounds like you will need a tranny

other cars, better cars?
Saturday, November 12, 2005 6:56 PM
DSM Tranny's are prone to grind. The synchro's are trash. You can pick one up at the junk yard for 60 bux including the clutch. I know this because I just got one. Only problem is you have to be careful. Because like I said they are prone to have bad synchros. I have a 1991 Eagle Talon (Same thing if you didn't know) and it is also non-turbo. I have been throwing money at it since I got it. I was going to dump it off on someone else cheap but a guy told me he'd give me an extra 400 bux if I changed the tranny. So for 60+ in parts for an extra 400 why not, i'm poor.

They are pretty decent stock. With just an exhaust if you can drive you can run a low 16 second 1/4. But they are VERY unreliable. Also if you want to do anything to it and you ask any help everyone will say the same thing...sell it and get it a turbo one. It is cheaper and easier to sell the car and buy one with a turbo already on it. If you get the car all I recommend is a few bolt ons or leave it stock and play with it. I say pass it up though. There is a reason old DSM's go for so cheap. Trust me =P But if you have any question or anything else hit me up. Gludan@ameritech.net or KiDonAIM

Also I live in Louisiana, stationed at Barksdale AFB. What part of LA are you from?

Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:13 AM
lol ok i gonna pass on the eclipse .. now i also found a 89 hondaprelude 2.0 si i can get for 1700 .. its a 5 speed and everything works . ac sunroof . the guy said all it needs is alittle clutch fluid cause it was kinda hard to sift . no grinds r anything . what yall think .
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search