Scion XB? - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Scion XB?
Friday, November 11, 2005 1:42 PM
Well, I did some soul searching and thought a great deal about car choices..I had settled on getting an SRT-4. But I started thinking about it more and more. I have a turboed J, an R6, and I might buy my dad's supra(at a nice lowered price)--it was dynoed around 400hp. So I don't really have much need for speed.

SO I started thinking more practicality. I'm thinking about getting an XB. They look just plain sweet in my opinion, get 30+ mpg, and they are selling for around 14K, which means I can have about 6 or so K to spend on my other toys.

So, question is..if I get one of these what factory options should I go for? I'm aware that the prices of these options are pretty expensive, but it means it'd be done by the factory and to my knowledge will not void warranty. For starters, I was thinking about getting the intake and exhaust. Do they offer a TRD supercharger?

I know I know..practicality..but it's a 1.5L 108hp itty bitty motor..So any advice would be greatly appreciate. Thanks for all the help guys.

--And I don't really need comments on the asthetics of this box I'm well aware you either hate or sorta like this style of car.

Will race for food

..check out my miscellanous mods

Re: Scion XB?
Friday, November 11, 2005 6:01 PM
Quote:

Well, I did some soul searching and thought a great deal about car choices..I had settled on getting an SRT-4. But I started thinking about it more and more. I have a turboed J, an R6, and I might buy my dad's supra(at a nice lowered price)--it was dynoed around 400hp. So I don't really have much need for speed.

you need another car why???

Quote:

--And I don't really need comments on the asthetics of this box I'm well aware you either hate or sorta like this style of car.

have to take the punch--the scion XB is for people who always liked the box more than they liked the toy as a child.

to help you out now...you said it yourself, you don't really have much need for speed. so why waste money on upgrades that are going to down your 30+ mpg and just give you ANOTHER quick car. with 2, possibly 3 fast cars, you should already know that you can't do just one speed modification. it just doesn't work that way. leave it stock so you have a nice daily driver that won't kill your wallet or get you into trouble.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, November 11, 2005 6:33 PM
Yeah
First, i love the xB. I was at the dealer today actually and was checking them out. They are cool as hell. If you cruise the scion forums, no one doesnt like it who has one

Second, I think they make a turbo for it, or maybe a SC, but it only bumps it to like 140 hp, so not worth it. For me, if I had an xB, i would concentrate more on the looks, There is a ton you could do to it. It would always be more show than go

Friday, November 11, 2005 6:52 PM
XBs are bad ASS!!!! I want an XB as a DD. Might end up gettin one too, they have lots of room inside, very spacious. Saves mad gas too! If you were to get one, like said above, concentrate on looks and suspension. I heard that the Scion XB full of fat people seemed to bottom out at times. But other than that its a great vehicle.

"Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month."
Friday, November 11, 2005 7:32 PM
this is prolly the best xB I've ever seen...

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:12 PM
How can you think the rolling tissue box is sweet??? The thing is the ugliest car on the road... what about the boxy lines and the flat snowplow front is close to sweet? lol

Get a tC if you want a nice car with some balls or if you want economy get the xA even but not the 100hp box!

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:12 PM
LOL^

Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:01 AM
its not 108hp anymore
they did the sae testing and its 103 now i think

other cars, better cars?
Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:34 AM
bah!!! damn the new ways for testing horsepower!! stupid air conditioner!!!!

GO PATS!!!
Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:04 AM
the xB is great for a daily driver...though like the others i fail to see why you'd need ANOTHER vehicle.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:48 AM
You are going to pass up an SRT-4, and a Supra, for a driving toaster-oven . . .?

I say nothing -_-

Saturday, November 12, 2005 10:21 AM
gas is cheaper for the box. besides, he could make fiberglass toast and take it to shows with that on top. it would be frickin hilarious.

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Saturday, November 12, 2005 11:21 AM
Could be a sound comp vehicle

Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:10 PM
SPITfire wrote:How can you think the rolling tissue box is sweet??? The thing is the ugliest car on the road... what about the boxy lines and the flat snowplow front is close to sweet? lol

Get a tC if you want a nice car with some balls or if you want economy get the xA even but not the 100hp box!
What a constructive post. It's people like you who really make forums like this a great place.

/sarcasm

Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:59 PM
haha, loving everyones post. And no, I'm not passing up the Supra. I might pick that over the J. I think everyone is right about the mod issues. I'll keep it stock. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm test driving one Sunday. If it was silver, I'd really consider buying. I've decided to get a standard model too. My current daily driver is a 2000 S-10 with the 2.2 It's auto..my first auto..and it'll be my last auto. So again, thanks for all the great advice everyone, I'll let you know how the drive goes.

Will race for food

..check out my miscellanous mods
Sunday, November 13, 2005 10:32 AM
I love my box... but the only options I got from the dealer were lowering springs and rear spoiler. I'm also going to order an armrest with my $50 card from Toyota Financing.

Everything else, I'll buy and at myself. www.trdsparks.com is a great dealer with all the parts and low prices.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 11:13 AM
Quote:

What a constructive post. It's people like you who really make forums like this a great place.

yeah its called an opinion noob, notice everyone's given one on this post... and your not the one who's been on this site since the beginning... douche

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:31 PM
Red TwoJayZee wrote:XBs are bad ASS!!!! I want an XB as a DD. Might end up gettin one too, they have lots of room inside, very spacious.

x99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 ...

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search