Keep your speed down a bit... - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Keep your speed down a bit...
Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:41 PM
(if tis is old, shoot me)...

Quote:

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Re: Keep your speed down a bit...
Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:44 PM
Ugh. I see this right after reading about a local guy slamming into a truck after owning his brand new R6 only a few hours. Another reason I should never own a bike I would probably be the guy doing something stupid.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Thursday, November 10, 2005 8:50 PM
It crazt though how the pike lifted the golf in the air and threw it 10 feet.....

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Friday, November 11, 2005 4:06 AM
wow is all i can say. I could only imagine something like that happening Now maybe if they had a wing on that honda it would of flew even farther lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Friday, November 11, 2005 7:39 AM
wow, that sucks

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:49 AM
That's nuts.

I'm thinking about how they dealt with the bodies to make this display possible. I mean it said the car had a passenger & that bike is in there pretty good, but they must have had to pull it out to get out the body, which I would assume would have been all over the place & pinned by the bike in at least some areas.

And the bike driver, where would he fit? If he went in the back, I bet again the bike would have had to come out to get the body out, even more so to clean that thing up enough to take around and display. The driver's seat doesn't appear to have blood from what I can see, but it must have some on there that I'm missing.

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:11 AM
But flying around on public roads is just so much fun and the adrenalin rush is great!
( SARCASM ) Thats horrible, those poor people didn't stand a chance. Screw the freak on the bike if he wants to kill himself fine but damn I feel so bad for the other peoples family. Hopefully the ass on the bike had wealthy parents and they're forced to cough up to the survivors of the victims.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, November 11, 2005 10:48 AM
and to think a guy from work went to regina at 240 kph?

Though the reaction time they keep mentioning about him not being able to apply the brakes at all when he sees the car, that cant be very much worse than when I drove my camry at 190 can it? Well... mind you with my inaccurate speedo, I was probably doing 170. But even in my cavalier when the speedo was accurate, at 180 I still had tons of reaction time. Mind you a bike is much harder to ride.

I'm guessing this is why they make cars capable of extreme speeds illegal on the street.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search