2006 Honda Civic - Recalled! - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Honda Civic - Recalled!
Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:09 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9991618/

WASHINGTON - Honda Motor Co. recalled about 25,000 Civics on Thursday because the accelerator pedal was improperly installed on some 2006 models, which could cause a crash.

If the pedal is improperly installed, it could come loose, cause the throttle to stick and raise the potential for a crash. Honda spokesman Sage Marie said there have been no crashes or injuries linked to the issue in the popular-selling vehicle.

The “vast majority” of the 25,298 vehicles under recall in the United States have not yet been sold, Marie said. A dealer inspecting the vehicles discovered the problem in late September and reported it to the automaker, leading to an internal investigation, he said.

Honda redesigned the sedan for the 2006 model year and it continues to post strong sales figures. The Japanese automaker sold 23,911 Civics in October, up 14 percent from last October, according to Autodata Corp.

The company sold 257,749 Civics in the first nine months of this year, down 1.2 percent from 262,958 sold last year. Honda did not immediately have a breakdown of how many 2006 models have been sold thus far.

The redesign includes a new floor-mounted gas assembly that involves the accelerator. The sedans under recall were manufactured from early June through early October, and countermeasures have been put in place on the assembly line to fix the problem, Marie said.

Owners were being notified of the recall this month and told to bring their cars to a dealership. Dealers will either reset the pedal or replace the assembly at no cost to consumers.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: 2006 Honda Civic - Recalled!
Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:11 AM
umm...oops?

don't like me? tell me what you think of me in chat
Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:15 AM
Good old Honda quality!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:20 AM
Jackalope wrote:Good old Honda quality!

??? yeah, honda is quality

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:26 AM
forgot to add ( sarcasm )

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:27 AM
lol, my bad

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:27 AM
You can't get to hurt when it only does like 60 mph.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:48 AM
Sucks for them.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:56 AM
nice

where is the TC recall post dave

Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:09 PM
you mean honda isn't perfect???

other cars, better cars?
Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:32 PM
yes well they caught it before most were sold
so they musta done something right in that respect

Thursday, November 10, 2005 4:55 PM
Wow, an improperly installed accelerator pedal... lmao. That would prolly be honda worst recall as of yet lol

Till the hood comes off, till the gas runs out, Till my legs give out, can't shut my mouth, Till the smoke clears out - am I high? Perhaps
I'ma boost this @!#$, till the rods collapse
Thursday, November 10, 2005 7:44 PM
does the JBO server have enough power to list all the recalls that the Gay-body's had over their time?

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Friday, November 11, 2005 5:36 AM
JAMMIT wrote:does the JBO server have enough power to list all the recalls that the Gay-body's had over their time?

Heheh that was funny..

Red 2005 Saturn Ion-3 Coupe
Friday, November 11, 2005 5:41 AM
JAMMIT wrote:does the JBO server have enough power to list all the recalls that the Gay-body's had over their time?

your point?

other cars, better cars?
Friday, November 11, 2005 7:46 AM
Point is Honda has one recall that only affects 25,000 cars, most haven't even left the dealers lot yet.. J's.. Well, there's tons on the road with a recall list longer than my arm.. That is all.

Friday, November 11, 2005 9:57 AM
lone_wolf wrote:Point is Honda has one recall that only affects 25,000 cars, most haven't even left the dealers lot yet.. J's.. Well, there's tons on the road with a recall list longer than my arm.. That is all.

LOL seriously.... never thought id see the day were guys driving cavaliers would make fun of hondas quality LOL @!#$ fags
Friday, November 11, 2005 11:10 AM
^^^
are you that jaded that you cant even read what he said

he wasnt making fun of honda

what a douche

other cars, better cars?
Friday, November 11, 2005 12:15 PM
lone_wolf wrote:Point is Honda has one recall that only affects 25,000 cars, most haven't even left the dealers lot yet.. J's.. Well, there's tons on the road with a recall list longer than my arm.. That is all.

You said it, but you still don't get it. "THE POINT IS" ... "HAVEN'T EVEN LEFT THE DEALERS LOT" So there are a ton of recalls on a ton of cars... this car has a recall even before they sell them. THE POINT is, Honda is NOT better then anyone else! They have their quality issues too.

Oh and I really have to love your comparison of a 2 decade old platform to a brand new one. The ONLY fair comparison here is the new Civic to the Cobalt.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Friday, November 11, 2005 12:37 PM
Want my point? Cobalt a headlight recall before they left the lot.. Maybe not as serious as a gas pedal falling apart, but still. I'm glad Honda figured out their mistake before the cars were on the road, I don't feel like getting t-boned by a civic driver, who's holding the gas pedal in his hand, wondering wtf is going on? This is why I won't ever buy a first year car, like the 05 Cobalt or 06 Civic..

Friday, November 11, 2005 1:33 PM
Apparently the new civic Si also has issues with randomly combusting into flame...

Sources say it is due to some electrical components shared with VW.

LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club

Friday, November 11, 2005 4:57 PM
^^^^ hahahaha, that IS funny. Fire>VW's
But it's news to me...i never heard that. Where did you get that info?

Friday, November 11, 2005 7:53 PM
anyone see daves point? If there is a GM recall there is a half million posts about how @!#$ty they are blah blah....hes just trying to show that unlike what some people think, honda and every auto maker has their share of problems

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:42 PM
They just have far fewer, and i doubt they get treated like an a-hole by Honda service people when the do.

Friday, November 11, 2005 8:43 PM
every vehicle has there problems, it's not about that, it's about who's working at the time it's being made they are all factory workers, that just want a pay check at the end of the week.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search