Eclipse Vs. Talon - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eclipse Vs. Talon
Sunday, October 30, 2005 7:58 PM
What all is different between an eclipse and a talon? What do you need to change to make the talon look like an eclipse?
Thanks

Re: Eclipse Vs. Talon
Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:07 PM
Nothing. Similar to a Cavalier sunfire...Same body. Different bumpers.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:36 PM
So its just a straight up bumper swap? Are headlights the same?
Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:43 PM
headlights are a little different depending on year. Same shape, but 97-99 eclipse's had black housings, talons have silver. http://www.dsmtuners.com is a helpful place, go there and do a search and you will find enough info.

Monday, October 31, 2005 12:54 AM
the roofs on newer talons are black too.

-Borsty
Monday, October 31, 2005 7:30 AM
There the exact same except bumpers,sideskirts,and wings. Also 95-98 talon and 95-96 eclipse headlights are different then the 97-99 eclipse headlights. Also talons have the black top. Oh and the tailights of course. All the fenders and hoods and everything major are the exact same though.

What I did a few years ago to a talon was just do the 97+ eclipse bumpers and lights and leave the top black. It can look very nice this way. Heres an example I found of a 95 talon with 97+ bumpers,sideskirts,and lights. Notice how he retains the stock top and wing.

Heres some great info, read these as they have everything!!!
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26543

http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55243
Monday, October 31, 2005 8:07 AM
are you wanting front or rear????
Front: 95-98 talon to 97-99 eclipse
front bumper and headlights
95-98 talon to 95-96 eclipse
front bumper

Rear: 95-98 talon to 95-99 eclipse
rear bumper, tailights and hatch if you want an eclipse spoiler (recomend getting hatch because of holes from talon wing) ALSO YOU WILL NEED NEW BRACKETS FOR THE TOP OF THE REAR BUMPER!!!!!!!!!!

if it is a 1st gen talon, it is basically the same principle. if you have any questions let me know i helped a buddy perform the rear end swap and i have owned all the different body styles of dsm's from 89-99 styles

Monday, October 31, 2005 1:25 PM
its a 1996 talon.
Monday, October 31, 2005 3:11 PM
i always thought tails were different and not swappable, so just to be sure, they are the same?! which means i could use eclipse outer on a talon

Monday, October 31, 2005 5:46 PM
So what all is different between the 95-96 eclipse and the 97-99 eclipse headlights?
Monday, October 31, 2005 5:58 PM
im pretty sure that laser talon eclipse are the same car. just different manufactures, i think that it went plymouth, then eagle bought it, then mitsu bought it? because lasers parts are in a mitsu owners manual or whatever those thigns are.

laser

eclpise

talon

eclipse

talon

idk if that answers your question but i tried bro

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims

Monday, October 31, 2005 6:02 PM
what about the Laser? The laser is where its at, lighter then the other 2 and the cheapest to buy

Monday, October 31, 2005 6:36 PM
MILKMAN wrote:So what all is different between the 95-96 eclipse and the 97-99 eclipse headlights?

the difference is the inner corner of the headlights

Orlandomon wrote:i always thought tails were different and not swappable, so just to be sure, they are the same?! which means i could use eclipse outer on a talon

no you cannot, but you can convert them over to eclipse tails.

oh yeah if you do change the tails you have to extend the reverse lights down to the bumper.

Monday, October 31, 2005 7:28 PM
What front is that on the white/black talon/ converted eclipse?
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:19 AM
^^^^^^^^^97-99

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:16 PM
I also heard the TSI engine isn't that good. Is that true?
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:17 PM
same as gst gsx motor

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:39 PM
I know that but I mean all together. I heard of the talons/ eclipse having engine problems in the earlier models. Just wondering if the 96 models were better built?
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:44 PM
they have some issues. the main one being crankwalk in the 4G63T. I THINK the problem was solved in 97

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:37 PM
MILKMAN wrote:What front is that on the white/black talon/ converted eclipse?

Its just a stock 97-99 eclipse bumper like somebody said though I just noticed it does have a black rmdsm (sp?) lip on the very bottom of it. And a bigass front mount of course.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:37 PM
7 bolt is prone to crankwalk, the 6 bolt came in the early 1g's combined with 4 botl rear and you got a strong combo

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:36 AM
What's wrong with it looking like a Talon? Eclipses are everywhere. I guess it's a cool idea if you want to be like everyone else.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 4:55 AM
I believe the oil squirters were re-worked in the 98+ models. 7 bolt engines from late 94 to 97 can have issues with oil starvation at the thrust bearring leading to crank walk. That is why if you own a 2G DSM you use the finest oil you can find and change it often.

You should do that anyway with any turbo engine.

PAX
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:26 AM
Next summer im getting a 1992 plymouth laser rs awd, But u shuld just keep it as a talon man.
Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:09 AM
Nah I love the look of the eclipse plus Ecplipses are more rare around Toronto.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search