so i have a POS ford taurus - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so i have a POS ford taurus
Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:57 PM
So i'm assuming i have this in the right forum. I have a question. I just bought this car from this chick and we THINK the heater core is going out.. when i turn the heat on it REAKS of anti freeze.... so my question is, could that be the only thing wrong that would do that? NEXT question is this chick obviously doesnt know anyhting about cars and said the only thing that it needed for inspection is a tie rod (she said it was missing) obviously that couldnt be possible otherwise we couldnt drive the car right? right hehe.. so anyway.... If the tie rod bushings were bad what would it feel like when you were driving it? the suspension itself is spongy and has a good bit of body roll... but we havent noticed anything else.. the weel isnt "wobbly" or anything of that sort.. i guess im just trying to see what im in for in the long run.. everything else in the car is in awesome condition and our title transfer place quoted the value over 1600$ ( we paind 300$). Thanks for any info that you all could give me. And if this is in the wrong place sorry

Re: so i have a POS ford taurus
Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:30 PM
yes you wouldnt be able to drive your car without a tie rod.

other stuff, im too tired to even think atm.

-Borsty
Saturday, October 29, 2005 11:18 PM
not another ford, we just got rid off one and the kit cracked the block in 3 weeks. He drove it about 100 miles mountain road no problem, on the way back, the engine over heated, I guess he just kept on driving all the way back. Then got it checked and found that the block is cracked. Asked my response for it, I was like, you took it for 3 weeks and no problem, we told you the wrongs are the tire and ac, mechanic checked the car while doing the water pump and found nothing. So yeah, you screwed yourself not me.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:58 AM
Is there a puddle of anti freeze on the floor? a good sign of a heater core going is a strong smell of anti freeze but usually acompanyed by a puddle on the floor. the tie rid will cause the car to clunk over bumps and while steering, it is impossible to dribe witn out one because thats how the steering rack connects to the control arm to actually steer the car. I have a taurus too....but its a 2003 so i havent had any problems what so ever. i hope i helped a little. have a good one.
matt

Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:44 AM
theres no puddle on the floor, thats what made me ask if it could be something other than the heater core. the heat blows out amazingly but you cant stand to have it on (lol) There arnt any clunking or anything of that sort while driving or when you hit bumps. The car runs like a champ and i'm glad we fell into the deal. I was just asking because wanted to know what you guys thought. I'm hoping that it is the heatercore and its just something we can fix without having to pay a mechanic out the a$$ to fix it. We did talk to someone and they said that my model taurus is known for its tie rod problems. they said something about a link or oh well i dont know lol it was my mom who called them and asked. anyway thanks for the help guys! hope to hear some more answers
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search