eclipse rear disc conversion - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
eclipse rear disc conversion
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:26 PM
anyways i was looking at a friends eagle talon and noticed that it had rear discs. my wifes eclipse doesn't i want to put some on. anyone know what parts i may need. i'm to lazy to figure it out myself if i don't have too.

http://www.helpelijah.com

Re: eclipse rear disc conversion
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:05 PM
ehh might be better off asking on a DSM board

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:40 PM
go find a turbo model of the same year and grab the rear spindles, rotors, calipers, master cylinder, hoses, etc.

Monday, October 24, 2005 5:31 PM
thats what i would do as well, it would be alot easier that way, i know cause i did that when the spindles went out on my 91 tsi.

2002 cavy with 5spd ecotec(RIP)
1991 eagle talon tsi awd 5spd(sold)
1999 audi a4 1.8l turbo 5spd
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/779567
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:41 AM
I think the easiest would be to trade up to a turbo model, they come with 4 way discs.

That said, the brake bias is 80/20 on DSMs (mine at least TSi AWD), so the rear brakes do almost nothing. You will get little to no improvement and it will be expensive and time consuming. You don't need rear discs or they'd be on there. They're little more than a selling feature. One of many ways to get the buyer to move up a model. I wouldn't bother doing it. It offers no benefit, only expense.

PAX
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:38 PM
alright i just did this today actually. You'll need the complete hub assembly, caliper brackets, calipers, and brake pads. These need to come from a 2 generation DSM or dodge avenger (my hubs and caliper brackets came from a 97 avenger) You'll also need the hardware. That consists of the locking pin and guide pins (sold together at Napa, you would need two sets of them) and just a couple small bolts and lock washers. Also, you CAN use your stock brake lines, I did, but I will eventually switch because the drums use steel lines, not hoses. And you can use your stock e-brake cable.

Good link that will help you out a lot.

I ran into a lot of small problems, (mainly nuts just being rusted so bad they wouldn't loosen) Took me and a couple other guys 3 and a half hours. If you need any more help, just let me know, and good luck.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:39 PM
Also, you can check out http://www.dsmtuners.com They're pretty helpful over there.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:40 PM
And another note. you don't need the other master cylinder or mess with any of the prortioning valves, they're all the same part (verified by Mitsu)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search