GTR PROTO - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GTR PROTO
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:04 PM
concept revealing in under 3 hours!

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg

Re: GTR PROTO
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:08 PM
@!#$. yes.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:51 PM
Damn you.... I almost want to stay up for this. lol

I'll check it out tommorow morning.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:03 PM
hmmm an hour and a half

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:10 PM
http://www.supercars.net/cars/3207.html

theres something to waste away a little time

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:23 PM
i was on the motortrend site and saw that they were gonna be revealing it at the tokyo auto show. good find. im just gonna leave the site up and check it in the morning before i go to class. i cant wait to see this, i hope its pretty much the final look.

so what do you guys think twin turbo v6 maybe vq35dett or a v8

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:41 PM
looks pretty dam sweet

i love that ass , but the nose needs alittle work

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:51 AM
WHAT ENGINE???

other cars, better cars?
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:33 AM
I think it will be a TT V6. The car is sharp looking but I agree with 97cavie24ls about the nose needing a little work. I am on the fence about it.

Have a good one,
Justin

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:33 AM
wow... that thing is ugly as @!#$. Looks like that @!#$ty concept from a few years ago.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:37 AM
Seriously... why the hell is there no edit button? Now I have to make another post...

From what I member I had thought the GTR was going to be the infinity g35 coupe, a little different, with the nissan badge and a diff engine.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 5:55 AM
where is the info from the unveiling?
I love the rear, but the front needs some work, oh well nothing the aftermarket wont fix in a hurry.

www.drluc.ca
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:38 AM
From MotorTrend.com

Quote:

You're looking at 80 to 90 percent of the 2008 production GT-R, according to Nissan design chief Shiro Nakamura. We can't tell you whether it will be sold in North America as the Nissan GT-R or the Infiniti GT-R, because Nissan brass claims it hasn't decided. By now, fights ought to be breaking out between U.S. Nissan and Infiniti dealerships anxious to get this M3/Z06/Cayman/NSX/Lexus supercoupe-fighter in showrooms. We can end rumors that Nissan would slide in a 4.5-liter V-8 for North America and tell you that the United States get the same engine as the rest of the world. The engine we expect for the GT-R worldwide will be a highly tuned twin-turbo 3.5-liter V-6, powering the rear wheels. The GT-R Proto features a small break in the roofline aiding what Nakamura says is a very aerodynamic package. Its twin round taillamps help "express the heyday of the GT-R," a car until now has not officially been sold outside of Japan. The '08 model launching in late '07 will be the first GT-R sold in left- as well as right-hand-drive versions. The Proto's front end is a bit "conceptual," which means it needs a real-world front bumper and headlamps, but this show car is a solid approximation of the reborn street legend coming to our shores.

but even the picture they have up right now is the same thing you see on the GT-R site. they should have actual photos from the show up soon i would imagine

twin turbo v-6 mmmmmmmmm

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:09 AM
I think it looks good.. The front end is OK but I really like the back.
I was gonna say that I wasn't diggin the 2 tone front but then saw a close up.. the black parts are carbon fibre!!!

Twin Turbo V6? I heard V8? The site doesn't seem to say anything. Any confirmation yet?

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:32 AM
I love everything about it. They can even keep the front end. Absolutely love it. Now, to put my house on the market and find a cardboard box to live in so I can afford it when it comes out.......

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:36 AM

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:30 AM
destroked 3.2l twin turbo v6 as seen currently in the jgtc nissans, is a big possibility.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:49 PM
my god....i want one soo badly.

i'm baaaaack!!
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 6:15 PM
I think the rx-8, 350z, cobalt SS, and evo-x concept just had a baby. Its got some great potential.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:05 PM
blurred wrote:destroked 3.2l twin turbo v6 as seen currently in the jgtc nissans, is a big possibility.

what kind of power is that putting out?

other cars, better cars?
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:06 PM
kinda does look like a 350z with cobalt tails lol

but it's ok looking, im shure it's gonna be one hell of a performer tho

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 8:31 PM
I personally love this one, the bastardized Q35 looked really dumb and didnt scream supercar like the previous versions, it looked like a Q35 with a wing and new rear panel and of course engine. This one ROCKS!!!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:04 AM
meh...

Gimmie a mid 90s GT-R...

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:28 AM
i think it's great... definatly something to keep my eyes on, see how close the final production comes to the prototype.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:50 AM
I'd like to see if Nissan makes it available to the NA market.

If it's not network news, it's probably the truth getting out.

Some people are like slinkies: Not really good for anything,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them
down a flight of stairs.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search