My dads Old Trans Am - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My dads Old Trans Am
Sunday, October 16, 2005 3:00 AM
found this picture on my comp. he bought this car when he was 18 brand new in 78. i wish his stupid ass would have kept it.

-Borsty

Re: My dads Old Trans Am
Sunday, October 16, 2005 3:01 AM
Cool car

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:58 AM
man, that wouldla been hot today (if it was well kept of course)

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:21 AM
Quote:

i wish his stupid ass would have kept it.

sweet looking car, but I bet he sold it so that way he could affford to have you as a kid, and marry your mother. he might still have it today if it wern't for you.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:46 AM
Juicez99cav wrote:
Quote:

i wish his stupid ass would have kept it.

sweet looking car, but I bet he sold it so that way he could affford to have you as a kid, and marry your mother. he might still have it today if it wern't for you.

My uncle had to do that when he had his first kid. It was a black and gold 79 with glass packs. I remember holding my ears when he started it up. He's the one responsible for my obsession with T/A's.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:25 AM
you wouldnt know who he sold it to or what area he lived in, hell it might have been sold 2 times again by now but i saw one twice that looks exactly like that driving around my town....and those things are rare arent they?

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, October 16, 2005 9:04 AM
^^^
they are getting quite rare

i saw a few at the track that look like that

other cars, better cars?
Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:12 PM
that color is pretty rare.

and no he sold it cause hes a bitch and didnt want to deal with winter/summer cars anymore he traded it in with 6 more payments for a s 10 pickup in 1980.

-Borsty
Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:43 PM
Nice!

My dad had an 69 Chevelle and he sold it when he was younger too. He wishes he would have kept it! My step-dad had a 63 Corvette that he ended up selling for a VW bug! Corvette got him into too much trouble.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:51 PM
that is sexy.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:02 PM
yeah everyone back then had cars like that thou, everyone thought theyd all be like around forever my uncles sold a couple chevelles and novas for like 50$ like 30 years ago my dad had a 69 GTO as a WINTER car.

but back then they were a dime a dozen i guess.

-Borsty

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:16 PM
True! My insurance agent keeps trying to talk me out of selling my Camaro because he said I am going to regret in down the road. He tried to buy back the 67 Camaro he sold when he was younger and couldn't get it back. Of course now he bought a 68 Camaro RS/SS fully restored!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:38 PM
dont sell your camaro. you will regret it trust me.

-Borsty
Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:10 PM
very nice.

I wish at 18 I could afford a modern day version of a car like that T/A

Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:32 PM
owning a trans am 2 months before high school gradution is the new dynasty in my family.

-Borsty
Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:46 PM
what engine? 455?
smokey and the bandit

13 psi and climbing......

Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:58 PM
400 poncho engine

-Borsty
Monday, October 17, 2005 2:01 AM
Nice car, for the rarity.

The first gen camaro's and firebirds 97-69 were sex on wheels. Both the camaro and the firebird went COMPLETELY downhill in styling come the seventies. No denying the performance is still there, but I personally think they are both (camaro and firebird) ugly ass body styles in the seventies.

The performance stands, but man did both chevy and pontiac downgrade in the seventies in styling.

I havent seen many at all in that color however.

Shame he did part with it, for looks or not that car would be worth a pretty penny today.

I'd rather have your body style borsty.
Monday, October 17, 2005 3:10 AM
yay!

-Borsty
Monday, October 17, 2005 9:23 AM
RkSport 2003 wrote:Nice car, for the rarity.

The first gen camaro's and firebirds 97-69 were sex on wheels. Both the camaro and the firebird went COMPLETELY downhill in styling come the seventies. No denying the performance is still there, but I personally think they are both (camaro and firebird) ugly ass body styles in the seventies.

The performance stands, but man did both chevy and pontiac downgrade in the seventies in styling.

I havent seen many at all in that color however.

Shame he did part with it, for looks or not that car would be worth a pretty penny today.

I'd rather have your body style borsty.

i agree on the sevenities coomment yuck my brother had a 75 camaro that i thought was ugly

i like the 1st gens 3rd gens and first half of the 4th gens (for camaros the composities headlights gave me a insect feeling) fire bird same thing 1st 3rd and all 4 th gens

Monday, October 17, 2005 11:02 AM
i think the second gen camaros werent pretty bad in the looks dept. i thought the trans am looked good up intill 78 thou.

-Borsty

Monday, October 17, 2005 1:50 PM
my dads gremlin woulda killed that t/a

LOL

nice t/a

there is a guy that lives here in the phoenix area , has a ultra rare t/a , it has the rear console , and has the black chrome tips on the exhaust , its low miles and as close to 100% original as it can be for a 20 something year old car

its black gold pin stripes and tan int , with t-tops

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:00 PM
This is why I'm going to hold onto my GTO.. I don't want to be one of those guys (my dad is included in this group) that looks back and kicks himself for selling his hot rod.

Who cares if in 30 years or so I can't drive it because there's no gas left

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, October 17, 2005 3:41 PM
yeah ive got 2 stories that will make any muscle car nut cry like a baby

my best friend in high school , was showing me pics of the 63 super stock polara his dad had , and show me time slips from loins drag strip with times os 11.1's and 11.0's on stock tires , and 10.90's and 10.80's on street tires

so i asked his dad about the car , his dad ordered a 63 vette 327 fulie the top hp 1 4spd , the vette came in the dealer , he went down to pick it up , dealer told him no dice cause they couldnt get the loan insured , so he told his friend about the car , his friend was able to buy it , and loved it

so he went back to searching for a car , ended up at the dodge/plymouth dealer , and bought the polara for less money than the vette , and everytime him and his friend raced the vette got murdered , lol

his dad ended up going to vietnam , and his dad ended up having to sell the polara , and said some little ole lady came to pick it up , she'd start it , hit the button to put it in gear and it shut off every time , cause she couldn't keep it running as it went in gear , lol

other story , the guy that did all the machine work for my dad , the guys wife had a hemi cuda convert , and she sold it thinking it wouldnt make a good family car , lol

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:57 PM
REDGOTE (ROBZ IL CAV) wrote:This is why I'm going to hold onto my GTO.. I don't want to be one of those guys (my dad is included in this group) that looks back and kicks himself for selling his hot rod.

Who cares if in 30 years or so I can't drive it because there's no gas left

Rob

same here
except i guess it will have to run on methonal or alcohol

other cars, better cars?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search