Grounding points - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grounding points
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:23 PM
My cousin gave me a grounding kit and stabilizer for xmas. Now my questions is... does anybody know the grounding points for the sunfire engine and how in the world do i install it???

Re: Grounding points
Friday, February 17, 2006 6:41 AM
bump 02 fire...

"Sunfire got stolen, all i have is the J to remember it by"
Friday, February 17, 2006 9:21 AM
If you'd look in your engine, you'd see it's grounded in between the motor and the tranny. And if you'd search, you'd see those do jack squat.

Friday, February 17, 2006 9:58 AM
Lanman31337 wrote:If you'd look in your engine, you'd see it's grounded in between the motor and the tranny. And if you'd search, you'd see those do jack squat.

And if you do a search, youd find out that lanman is wrong. It actually works. Our new convertee, mights be able to explain why it works, talk to mikec2003

Friday, February 17, 2006 10:01 AM
Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:28 PM
has anyone noticed anyone difference after using a grounding kit?
Monday, February 20, 2006 5:51 AM
those kits dont do anything. grouding is grouding, wheather is 22 gage or 0 gage. its all the same

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:34 AM
Bigger grounds are nice, but not 18,000 different grounds. And also, those voltage stabilizers do not work. http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7811-0.html?forumID=78&threadID=104369&messageID=1194674

Anyways, mr. el fuego, you contradicted yourself. First you say they work great, but in the post you linked, you say they're crap. Hmmmmm. WHO KNEW?!?!
Then at the end, mike2003 says the big 3 DOES work. You're not going to get any advantage over 18 grounds vs the big 3.

Monday, February 20, 2006 7:53 PM
i said they work, not because of the gauge increase, we all know that won't change anything. the only reason they work is because of the QUALITY of the grounding kit wires. the stock GM wires are made in poor conditions and the copper is partailly oxidized as soon as you get the car. if you use a higher grade wire in the same gauge as stock you should get a slight gain......but still, IMO is it worth the time and money to do it.....not for me, not right now......will it be worth it next time im doing any other mod under the hood...might as well do it

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:33 AM
Lanman31337 wrote:Bigger grounds are nice, but not 18,000 different grounds. And also, those voltage stabilizers do not work. http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7811-0.html?forumID=78&threadID=104369&messageID=1194674

Anyways, mr. el fuego, you contradicted yourself. First you say they work great, but in the post you linked, you say they're crap. Hmmmmm. WHO KNEW?!?!
Then at the end, mike2003 says the big 3 DOES work. You're not going to get any advantage over 18 grounds vs the big 3.

Mr lanman, you miss read my post. I said you dont need a voltage stabilizer but hypergrounding does work.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:31 AM
My bad. Voltage stabilizers are in your alternator, no need for the ones you see for sale. As for hypergrounding, the ones with the big gold goiter aren't any better than ones you can make yourself.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:34 AM
correct

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:51 PM
i believe the grounding kits can be put into either or both of these catagories:

1) it may not do much but it doesnt hurt..so why not
and/or
2)every little bit helps...sometimes its the small things that give you the edge over the next guy.

if you do it nicely at minimun it will help dress up the engine compartment. even if it doesnt help at all, its another car project to do...and theres never anything wrong with that.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:59 PM
yeah, if anything, as long as you get a cool color wire, at least it looks nice and that always counts for something

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search