Altezza lights..... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Altezza lights.....
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:30 PM
Okay so I've been pricin' some altezza's for my '01 sunfire and was wondering if neone knew where I could get some good lookin ones? I dont like the 4d ones tho, just the basic look

Re: Altezza lights.....
Friday, January 06, 2006 9:21 PM
Only company that makes them is APC and my personal opinion...they are hideous. Not worth you spending your money and stock looks 100x better.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:28 PM
talk to izntrbl once.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:05 AM
honestly, Donna, just go to Pep Boys...if the stuff you want for your car is your basic everyday boring stuff, then just go shopping there.

if, however, you want to stand out in a positive way, avoid clear taillights. run away from them.

far, far away.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:13 AM
we need that .gif with the altezza getting shot out

Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:20 AM
All I have it the Chrome 4D ones and they are new in the box. The box just has rain damage from when the old shops roof leaked during a rain storm.

I will sell them for $50 plus shipping. Even though you don't like them.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:15 PM
Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but since I've never really cared about body kits and tail lights and stuff, and I don't keep up on the cosmetic trends, I'm gonna ask: Altezza?? As in Toyota Altezza? As in Lexus IS300? Those aren't anything like the lights on a Cavalier. I take it they're meant to look like those?

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:33 PM
@ Donna: The only aftermarket taillights available for '95-'02 Sunfire Coupes are the APC Retro 3D taillights. Sunfire Sedan and Cavalier taillights will not fit '95-'02 Sunfire Coupes.

There are a few people who have the Retro 3D taillights painted to match the color of their car which, in my opinion, doesn't look quite as bad as the regular Retro 3Ds.

There is also at least one person who has the Retro 3Ds painted to match the color of their car and shaved the "fins" out of them.

Personally though, I prefer the stock taillights with a painted trunk panel, but that's just me .

Another option is to paint the outer edge of the stock taillights to match the color of your car.

A final option is to swap an '03+ Sunfire Coupe rear end onto your car. Then you could get the '03+ aftermarket taillights which are more like the Cavalier altezzas.

Hope this helps .

Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:06 PM
stay stock.

i thought tyc made tails for the sunfires

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:19 PM
Only for the 03 and up, still strange that they don't make for the other years since there would be a good market, at least I think. Since they look a lot better than the APC ones..... I never liked the 3D ones, I've seen some on a Tiburon and when you see them from the sides, it made me sick

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:50 PM
JT wrote:Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but since I've never really cared about body kits and tail lights and stuff, and I don't keep up on the cosmetic trends, I'm gonna ask: Altezza?? As in Toyota Altezza? As in Lexus IS300? Those aren't anything like the lights on a Cavalier. I take it they're meant to look like those?

the Toyota Altezza has clear taillights(like the IS300)...those clear taillights have been dubbed altezza taillights by the idiot masses.

so no, you're not off in saying they look nothing like the Toyota tails.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:13 PM
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:Only for the 03 and up, still strange that they don't make for the other years since there would be a good market, at least I think. Since they look a lot better than the APC ones..... I never liked the 3D ones, I've seen some on a Tiburon and when you see them from the sides, it made me sick

I found these- the last four- but I was just curious to see if neone else knew any others
Andys Auto Sport- Tail Lights
Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:19 PM
Unfortunately those last four taillights will only fit Sunfire Sedans (4 doors).

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:54 PM
it really suck when you don't have a wide variety of products for a car

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:56 PM
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:Only for the 03 and up, still strange that they don't make for the other years since there would be a good market, at least I think. Since they look a lot better than the APC ones..... I never liked the 3D ones, I've seen some on a Tiburon and when you see them from the sides, it made me sick

I hope you don't mind me saying, I really like your rear end.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:02 PM
You pervert Thanks!!!

Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:05 PM
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:it really suck when you don't have a wide variety of products for a car

try owning a 2001 Corolla. you j folks have a MUCH larger aftermarket for the stuff that matters. anything worthwhile for a corolla has to be imported, or just doesn't fit my car.
Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:06 AM
Holy @!#$ is that a Sunfire with those doors on EZ2ENVY How on EARTH did you do that? I don't mean chapter and verse on how to, but just the broad strokes coz I'm not sure I believe it. Are they the stock doors just magically happening like that, or do you have to cut and weld the @!#$ out of EVERYTHING, change the locking posts, everything?

I am stunned. I like my Sunfire but if I could do that for 50 bucks.....

Phil
Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:21 AM
Phil Moseley wrote:Holy @!#$ is that a Sunfire with those doors on EZ2ENVY How on EARTH did you do that? I don't mean chapter and verse on how to, but just the broad strokes coz I'm not sure I believe it. Are they the stock doors just magically happening like that, or do you have to cut and weld the @!#$ out of EVERYTHING, change the locking posts, everything?

Phil

*MSR 190 wheels not shown in sig.

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...
Sunday, October 28, 2007 9:52 AM
fpz24 (Akira) wrote:
Phil Moseley wrote:Holy @!#$ is that a Sunfire with those doors on EZ2ENVY How on EARTH did you do that? I don't mean chapter and verse on how to, but just the broad strokes coz I'm not sure I believe it. Are they the stock doors just magically happening like that, or do you have to cut and weld the @!#$ out of EVERYTHING, change the locking posts, everything?

Phil

X1,000,000,000,000

i really really hope that was sarcasim

Sunday, October 28, 2007 9:54 AM
however he just joined yesterday so its possible he is serious.........

Sunday, October 28, 2007 3:14 PM
-98VERT- wrote:however he just joined yesterday so its possible he is serious.........

lol, yeah i saw that too.

*MSR 190 wheels not shown in sig.

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:53 PM
Perhaps I should have just said

The doors on that white sunfire look totally bitchin.

and left it at that. I don't think there is any ambiguity there is there? Christ, you can't even compliment someone for doing something totally amazing on this list without somebody flaming ya.

Don't even bother to reply; I've turned off emails for this thread, and it has nothing to do with anything I'm interested in, so you can call me anything you want and I shan't read it.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 4:32 PM
^^^

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 4:33 PM
btw no one was flaming anyone, just tryin to figure out how someone has never seen a car with lambo doors.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search