How to Disable Trunk Pop From Latch - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to Disable Trunk Pop From Latch
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:01 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it here. I am installing my subs today... and I am currently shopping around for an alarm. Since I do not have an alarm yet, I would like to know how to disable the trunk from being popped(opened) from the inside with the latch under the drivers seat. I figure if I disable this, and the lock the back seat from being opened that it would atleast help until I get an alarm installed. Thanks alot.

Wide Body Progress

Re: How to Disable Trunk Pop From Latch
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:09 AM
usually with toyotas, you can turn the keylock on the trunk an extra notch, and that disables the latch popper inside the car.

i honestly don't know if that's the case with Js, but i know the Prizms had the same function. maybe GM borrowed it for their vehicles?
Friday, January 06, 2006 2:03 PM
Personally, i think you are worrying over nothing, if there is no reason for them to believe there is anything worth taking in your trunk then they are not going to break in to find out.....not too mention most ppl that take do these things aren't too affraid of an alarm any how......

What I find really funny is the 2way alarms where your key fab will let you know if your alarm goes off. so bascially you go out get your ass kicked and still have your @!#$ stolen........lol

Nothing against an alram though, I want an after market on as well just cuz, and I have a stock one, but for now I wouldn't worry about it too much, just have the back seat up, the deck out and dont play the music laud when you pull into a parking lot where car is going to be parked for a while.....oh and dont have any car audio stickers on the car, might as well say some steal this I have JL subs!!!!

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Friday, January 06, 2006 3:12 PM
Boorad wrote:oh and dont have any car audio stickers on the car, might as well say some steal this I have JL subs!!!!

I agree on this one....

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:15 PM
I guess that it's a cable that open it??? If so find a way to unhook the cable from the driver latch or directly on the trunk...

Friday, January 06, 2006 7:58 PM
most thiefs aren't smart enough to use the latch. if they want into your trunk they're gonna take a screwdriver or so to it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:06 AM
^^^ true, but what do you do about nosy valets?
Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:19 AM
^ don't know. i've never had my car valet parked.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:10 PM
1. Open your trunk
2. Look at latch
3. Unhook cable that comes from latch
4. Tada
That should work - i'm pretty sure it'll come off the latch
I think January is the trunk latch month - i've seen so many lately.

-Seth

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:46 AM
Thanks alot guys. Yea, I have off street parking for overnight... and I always turn it down a few minutes before I get to my destination. I'll try today to see if I can get the cable unlatched. Just worried about protecting my investment... ya know.

Wide Body Progress

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search