RPM's to launch at? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RPM's to launch at?
Friday, October 14, 2005 8:47 PM
I read a post on here when i first joined about drag racing with an automatic, stuff like pullin ur e-brake one notch to disable the traction control, and what RPMs will the brakes hold when launchin. Where is this at i swear it was a FAQ sticky but i cant find it? and what RPMs should i launch at with a 3 spd?

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto

Re: RPM's to launch at?
Friday, October 14, 2005 10:33 PM
Well you have a sunfire and I believe you should have a button to turn your traction control off. Look in your manual and see if you have one. If you do, press that button.

Now about the RPMs, you pretty much want to try and rev around 2000 or so...you can't rev that high with our autos.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:33 AM
Find out where the stall speed is for your transmission's torque converter. You'll want to rev your motor to that point just before launch. Basically, you're matching the RPMs so that the engine and transmission are "locked" together. When you are at stall speed, the car will launch haarder when you let off the brake. If you don't know, stall is the point where the torque converter will let your engine rev to when the drive line is locked (in gear, brakes applied, car can't move).
Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:08 PM
no i dont have a button to turn mine off, i've looked before.

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:30 PM
that button should be on your shifter

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:40 PM
nope

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:34 PM
well then just pull the ebrake up one click

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:37 PM
yea i know that

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:05 PM
In an auto you dont need to "launch". And in a sunfire you dont need to "race", especially if its an auto.

Girls suck, buy a fast car.
Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:19 PM
^^^ that was helpful!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:23 PM
^^^ so was that.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:38 PM
ok so by ur sig i can gather ur queer and u have a slow car

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:15 PM
Trky wrote:In an auto you dont need to "launch". And in a sunfire you dont need to "race", especially if its an auto.

What kind of logic is that? If someone has an automatic, they shouldn't be racing?
Maybe you don't follow drag racing...those 9, 8 & 7 second cars are mostly automatics. Get your facts straight.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:11 PM
Ryan Shissler wrote:ok so by ur sig i can gather ur queer and u have a slow car

Correct. and I can tell from yours that you arent a real man, drive a not only slow, but @!#$y car (I can say that since I drive the same thing, only my car doesnt shift for me) and that your proud of it?

His car isnt a 9, 8 or 7 second car is it? No, its a 16 second automatic dime a dozen, more on the road than civic, sunfire.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:48 PM
well since i've been stuck drivin cars and trucks that dont run right and are big piles, yes i am @!#$in proud of my sunfire. Sorry that mommy and daddy dont buy everything for me and that since i bought it myself and am doin all the work to the car myself ur tellin me in cant be proud of it? O im sorry since my cars a "dime a dozen", but wait didn't u just say u drove the same thing as me?

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:19 PM
Ryan Shissler wrote:well since i've been stuck drivin cars and trucks that dont run right and are big piles, yes i am @!#$in proud of my sunfire. Sorry that mommy and daddy dont buy everything for me and that since i bought it myself and am doin all the work to the car myself ur tellin me in cant be proud of it? O im sorry since my cars a "dime a dozen", but wait didn't u just say u drove the same thing as me?

Yup, I do drive the same thing as you. And hate it because of the mods that were on it when I bought it. I bought mine myself too, after blowing up 3 of my other cars, that I also happened to have bought. Only thing mommy bought me was my first car. Daddy hasnt bought me @!#$. You can be proud of it if you want. Im proud that I save money by working on my car myself instead of paying someone else to do it. They are dime a dozen, maybe thats why I hate them. Sorry if I offended you, Ive had a really bad weekend and I honestly didnt mean to take it out on the jbody members, altho I have. Sorry. My weekend involved a swat team, being threatened by 6 people in a parking lot that said I threw something at their car a week ago, but my car was being repainted from a wreck a week before that, and the stupid ass accesorie belt being a pain to put back on because of the tensioner being under and beside a motor mount. Girl troubles on top of all that. I hope you accept my appology.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:48 PM
go back under your bridge troll!

and get your facts straight. a 1998 2.2l with the 3 speed auto is an 18 sec car!

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search