Im a newb, pick me! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Im a newb, pick me!
Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:19 PM
Yep, you guessed it. Another enjoyful newb has join the j-body org. I'm a female who drives a 2002 sunfire. Its a 2dr. Black with 20% tint and some I must say crappy American Racing Wheels (no offense to those who like american racing) that came with the car when I bought it. I'm in the market right now for trying to get rid of those and hopefully purchasing some Enkei RS 6's. Other then that, there are no mods done to my car. I'm really debating on if I want to save up and maybe put a little into it more then likely not or just wait a while and get rid of it for something else. Its an automatic and well to me, it doesnt make sense to do much to it, but it's a clean ride. I'll post some pics later when I get the chance.

Re: Im a newb, pick me!
Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:26 PM
Well Brittany, it all depends on how much you care about your car, how much you can afford and if you have a mindset of what you want to do to your car. If you want to just change your rims, hey..go for it, it's perogative. Others, like myself are going full out with their car and I've already invested THOUSANDS of dollars and there is thousands more to come but that's by my choice.

Good luck finding rims for your car and welcome to the

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:28 PM
hey thanks and hopefully this pic will work haha ~ it's by far not even a good picture, but right now it's the only one I have available. More then likely sometime tomorrow I can have some betters ones, just bought a new digital and well she just got washed and waxed and looking good so we'll see. But this is all you got right now.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:36 PM
1707 wrote:hey thanks and hopefully this pic will work haha ~ it's by far not even a good picture, but right now it's the only one I have available. More then likely sometime tomorrow I can have some betters ones, just bought a new digital and well she just got washed and waxed and looking good so we'll see. But this is all you got right now.

You're welcome

Looks good from what I can see....post some more when you get a chance.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:07 AM
welcome.

-Borsty
Sunday, October 16, 2005 10:52 AM
welcome. shes borsty's rival workin' at fedex

Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:08 AM
1707 wrote: Its an automatic and well to me, it doesnt make sense to do much to it, but it's a clean ride.

are you saying there's somthing wrong with auto's?
welcome to...."THE ORG" (music plays) *DUN Dun dun*

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:25 PM
i wouldnt get rid of it. its good on gas and reliable. most people start with an intake. i started with suspension. if you want to put money into your car, just pick something. modding a car starts somewhere. just make sure you read up on what you pick and do research too. dont want to spend $500 on a part and find out its junk

and welcome

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 16, 2005 1:34 PM
welcome to your new home, known simply as "the org".

its a start and lowered is usually one of the 1st mods recommended. i have an auto too and theres planty to do. just decide if your show or go and that will be the deciding factor. you can do some basics for go like air intake and exhaust which most everyone does. then is when the project you decide starts. so untill you decide which you like more dont spend to much to have to back up and go the other direction.

show or go is the question!!

Monday, October 17, 2005 11:35 AM
Yellow Rimed One wrote:show or go is the question!!

not necesarilly, you can do both if not done to the extreme one way or the other

PS welcome to THE ORG...
i found that i fell in love with my cavie, and got rid of my moded Integra Type R so i can concentrate on the CAV. ( some who knew the car said that it was dumb, but i was was bored of it) i also belive that these j-bodies have so much potential!!!

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Monday, October 17, 2005 11:56 AM
wow you seriously got bored with the type r? hmmm those are yummy haha. I've actually grown up working on imports and I enjoy being around them. I was in love with my brothers civic but my mom wouldnt let me buy it when he sold it b4 he got married, so I came home and here the sunfire sat in my garage so I just couldnt say ew take it back. And yes, there are some nice j-bodies out there , I guess its just what I've grown up around that has my mind thinkign different, but who knows. I know an import isnt in my near future so I might as well work with what i have right? Yeah we'll see. Thanks for all the welcomes though!

Monday, October 17, 2005 12:29 PM
for that sunfire one thing you could do is mold some eyelids into that hood and it will give the front of the car a whole new look. search around this website and you will find some sick sunfires... My personal favorite John Piparo.
welcome to the .org, its an addiction.

Monday, October 17, 2005 12:39 PM
well as promised, I finally got some other pics taken just today, so i'll just go ahead and post them here

and no these arent the best but oh well. Got rediculous reflection off everything that was around...sorry guys!
Monday, October 17, 2005 12:41 PM
Maybe we can show her something to be inspired about. Show her the best of what we have.

I believe on that show or go thing. If you want both....you can, but you just have to concentrate on one first.
Monday, October 17, 2005 1:45 PM
welcome

'97 Chevy Cavalier

I'm officially an Ecotec whore!

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:37 PM
Weclome. Car looks nice, and it has potential for sure. Have fun here at the org !
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:40 AM
Fires are sexy. Sometimes I wish the beast was a fire, but eh, she's just fine

welcome to jbo.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:02 AM
[quote=ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)]welcome. shes borsty's rival workin' at fedex

teamsters bitches.

-Borsty
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:39 AM
Welcome to The Org. Brittany! It's always great to see another female Sunfire owner join. As has been stated numerous times already, it's up to you what direction you want to take your car in. You can do as little or as much as you want to it. I would suggest searching through the Registry on here. Car Domain is another great place to get some ideas from. If you ever need any help or advice, please feel free to email me any time: j_to_envy@yahoo.com.

Written below is information on two "free" mods that you can easily do to increase the visual appearance of your car a bit.

Removing the side mouldings and badges:

Materials:
- fishing line
- scissors
- gloves (optional; I highly recommend using them because the fishing line will really start to hurt your fingers after a while)
- 3M Adhesive and Tar Remover (in a teal can; can be found by automotive paint at Wal-Mart)
- a towel or rag

Instructions:
1. Cut a piece of fishing line that is about a foot long. No matter how careful you are the fishing line will break and you will need to cut more.
2. Take the piece of fishing line and put it behind one end of the moulding or badge. Begin working it up and down behind the moulding or badge.
3. Continue working it up and down until the moulding or badge comes completely off.
4. Once the moulding or badge has come completely off, spray some 3M Adhesive and Tar Remover on the area and let it sit for a few minutes.
5. Take a towel or rag and start scrubbing the area. You will have to re-spray the Remover a few times to get all the adhesive off.
6. Once all the adhesive has come off, wash and wax the car and you’re done.

Clearing your HVAC (heater control) knobs:

Materials:
- a razor blade or exacto knife

Instructions:
1. Pull straight back on the HVAC (heater knobs). They should pull off pretty easily.
2. Take a razor blade or exacto knife and gently slice down the middle of the knob.
3. Carefully pull the rubber off the knob. Once you pull all the rubber off you will have a plastic knob that is totally clear.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with the other two knobs.
5. If you'd like, you can get some stained glass paint in any color you choose and paint the backs of the knobs. They will then glow the color you chose at night.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:48 AM
Welcome to the org.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:04 AM
Glad to see more folks from Indiana get on here. Enjoy!

2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L 9.6 @74mph 1/8th mile w/2.28 60ft

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:40 AM
Welcome

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search