Dashboard - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dashboard
Saturday, October 15, 2005 10:45 AM
I am trying to replace a peice of my dashboard in a 2001 Chevy Cavalier. I basically have to take apart the entire dash in order to put in the new peice. However, I have a passenger side airbag, and it seems to want to come out with the dash. How can I get around that, or has anyone replaced any parts on their dashboard, and what should I do?

Re: Dashboard
Saturday, October 15, 2005 11:31 AM
what peice are you trying to replace

Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:44 PM
Did you take out the 2 screws that are in located in the glove box. Those are attached to the air bags, so maybe you forgot to take those out. Check it out, but make sure that if and when you replace them that you DO NOT over tighten them, because you can strip the threads on the bracket very easily. Hope that helps

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:49 PM
http://www.teamforwardmotion.com/tfmtech/j-body/audio/index.php

also try this out. Click on the link and click on removing my J-body dashboard, it shows you everything on how to remove and replace in the dashboard.

I am what I am and it is what it is.
I am the 2nd most untrusted person in the world next to a lawyer,welcome to our dealership, may I help you?
Sunday, October 16, 2005 12:29 PM
you are probaly trying to replace the famous cracked dash thats common in cavs. i have it too. there is like 8 screws holding the dash in. and also look at the link given above. its good stuff

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, October 17, 2005 10:19 PM
what cracked dash peice. is that the one ive heard about that lines the window?

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:39 AM
yeah the upper dash.

I was told that it is nearly impossible to get that thing out without getting the steering wheel off and pulling the entire dash apart. and I mean the entire damn thing.

correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure about this though.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:16 AM
Mine's Cracked too.. Oh well

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search