QUESTION ABOUT RIMS AND TIRES. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
QUESTION ABOUT RIMS AND TIRES.
Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:41 AM
I was wondering if $1,000 for a package of 18 inch gunmetal Motegi MR7 rims with toyo tires are a good purchase? If not, Can you tell me of some other place that will sell them cheaper?

Re: QUESTION ABOUT RIMS AND TIRES.
Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:43 AM
motegi mr7's are a very common rim... check the classifieds or ebay and im sure you can find em for cheaper used.

otherwise, if you want to buy them brand new, search the wheel and tire forum for websites to get rims from.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:54 AM
Are you sure you want 18's? Depending on what your driving style is, you may want something smaller (like if you want to go racing all the time). The rotating mass of an 18" rim can easily be enough to make your brakes work themselves into meltdown. Also, the sidewall of your tires, i properly sized, will be something like a 35 series, and you can throw ride comfort out the window. Then again, the handling improvements are sick, provided you don't want to stop. If you DO want to stop once you get those massive rollers in motion, get some slotted rotors at the very least, and I'd highly recommend ceramic pads and braided stainless lines. Oh, and if the wheels and tires are new, that's a decent price. Toyos are pretty sticky and black wheels can pretty much make any car look sexy. Unless it's a Pugot or an old Saab. Nothing can help those ugly-azz things.
Saturday, October 15, 2005 10:09 AM
I got my 17" Motegi FF7 with Falken Ziex tires for 1400$ CAD (about 1180$ US). Brand new. . If you don't have the tires with them you should try to find a place where they sell those rims. Good Luck

Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:48 PM
i've seen mr7s with tires in the classifieds for as low as $400.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search