95 Sunfire GT....Got Some Questions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 Sunfire GT....Got Some Questions
Friday, October 14, 2005 9:17 PM
I just bought a 95 Sunfire GT, with a 2.3 QUAD 4. I need to know if anyone has any ideas of estimated HP, some suggestions on beginning mods, and just some overall help. If no one is too busy, please give me some suggestions, ideas, and knowledge of this car.

Your dreams are rich.....Live by your dreams.....

Re: 95 Sunfire GT....Got Some Questions
Friday, October 14, 2005 9:23 PM
i think the HP is around 150-160

most people start with an intake

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, October 14, 2005 9:26 PM
Well. I made a custom intake that dropped my intake tube to the bottom of my car, and have a Cold Air Filter On It. I need to know what is are the best fluids to run in it as well. Thanks for any and all help.

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:35 PM
fluids? you mean like oil and whatever?

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:38 PM
Yea. Is it better to run Synthetic, or what? I just want to get the best out of my motor, and give it the best lube and all that crap.

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:54 PM
i believe it is always better to run synthetic..if you care about your engine anyway..i know alot of people have a car they just dont worry about..(a daily driver or whatever) so they just use regular oil and keep it changed and all...i have a question though...since this GT isnt in your profile is it a manuel???or auto? and what all you want to do with it?......
...us 95 guys gotta stick together

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:57 PM
Yea, It Is a Manual. Sorry that I forgot to update my profile. Will do that now. But, I want to do a CavFire conversion, and some performance mods. But I know nothing about the 2.3, and what potentials it has.

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:27 PM
95 Sunfire GT In Progress wrote:Yea, It Is a Manual. Sorry that I forgot to update my profile. Will do that now. But, I want to do a CavFire conversion, and some performance mods. But I know nothing about the 2.3, and what potentials it has.

The 2.3 motor has as much potential as the 2.4 and ECO motor.

If you want to know more about the 2.3 motor and some hints and tricks as well...go here: http://www.ny-jbodies.org/library/library.asp

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:34 PM
I went there, but it said that those were for the Olds. 2.3. Are they the same? I have no Idea.

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:39 PM
tell ya what man..you seem to be genuinely interested in your engine ..and a very special one it is give me a IM sometime on yahoo or AIM ..your car is probably the most versatile Jbody there is...

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:42 PM
yeah they are the same

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:54 PM
I was also wondering if the Cavalier Outside Euros will fit my Sunfire? I was also curious as to exactly how much Hp I have. NY-JBodies says that my motor has 160, but MSN Autos says that it has 150. Can anyone confirm one of these. MSN seemed kind of screwy on their quotes though.

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:11 PM
95 Sunfire GT In Progress wrote:I was also wondering if the Cavalier Outside Euros will fit my Sunfire? I was also curious as to exactly how much Hp I have. NY-JBodies says that my motor has 160, but MSN Autos says that it has 150. Can anyone confirm one of these. MSN seemed kind of screwy on their quotes though.

No, those tail lights won't fit...if you had a 4 dr sunfire than the answer would be yes.

MSN is wrong.

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:16 PM
Thanks. I am glad that at least people want to help and not ridicule, and slam me, for my lack of knowledge on this car. I am open to any suggestions and ideas that anyone might have. If I do a Cavalier Front End Conversion, is it direct bolt up, or is it going to need some modifications?

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:27 PM
95 Sunfire GT In Progress wrote:Thanks. I am glad that at least people want to help and not ridicule, and slam me, for my lack of knowledge on this car. I am open to any suggestions and ideas that anyone might have. If I do a Cavalier Front End Conversion, is it direct bolt up, or is it going to need some modifications?

It's no problem. We were all once new and once didn't know much...heck there are alot of things I don't know now and I ask alot of silly but necessary questions just so I can learn. Basically, we all have to start from somewhere.

As far as the front end conversion...the beauty of having our cars be on the same platform is that there is no hardcore modifications to make this happen. You can do the swap with no problem because underneath the bumpers and fenders is all the same stuff.

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:27 PM
By the way, you would have to change the Hood, Fenders and Bumper.

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:31 PM
And Headlights. I know. Kinda Expensive, But will be WAY WORTH it. I cannot wait to do it!!!!!

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:40 PM
95 Sunfire GT In Progress wrote:And Headlights. I know. Kinda Expensive, But will be WAY WORTH it. I cannot wait to do it!!!!!

Why don't you go for an 03+ Front End Conversion? That would look hot!

It'll look like this (minus the projector headlights )

Friday, October 14, 2005 11:45 PM
That looks sweet as hell!!!! I may have to go that route instead. I really like that. Would turns lots of heads in my area. This area is known for ricing the @#!* out of cars, and still not getting anywhere. Thanks for that Tip.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:05 AM
95 Sunfire GT In Progress wrote:That looks sweet as hell!!!! I may have to go that route instead. I really like that. Would turns lots of heads in my area. This area is known for ricing the @#!* out of cars, and still not getting anywhere. Thanks for that Tip.

Yeah, it will defenitley look hot.

BTW, if you wanted to, you could do the rear swap as well...same theory applies.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:45 AM

i want to hump this car

Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:23 PM
99redz24 wrote:
i want to hump this car

You want to hump it now...wait till you see a big ass Intercooler through my bumper!

If you want to see it in person, come to a Jesey J meet

Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:14 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
95 Sunfire GT In Progress wrote:And Headlights. I know. Kinda Expensive, But will be WAY WORTH it. I cannot wait to do it!!!!!

Why don't you go for an 03+ Front End Conversion? That would look hot!

It'll look like this (minus the projector headlights )

I dont know if the cav or fire ever came with the High Output 2.3 but if it is then its 180 if not its 160...........Im pretty sure.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:27 PM
^^^^ Damn you Majinboo! Damn You!

Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:27 PM
lol @ Jbody2nr ^^ ....and no it never came with it...but it is a drop in swap for his car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search