new member - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:38 PM
hi fellas i joined her because my gf (no bull@!#$) has a 97 sunfire gt and it is all messed up. Its making a tapping sound during acceleration. im thinking about buying a rebuild kit for it but i figure if i have it apart i should make some internal mods do they have an upgraded rebuild kit that replaces pistons, rings, valves, rockers, and all the gaskets that i will need to do this. im a bit of a gearhead my self i know two toys i have a 94 impala ss and i also have a 2001 dodge dakota R/T with the 5.9l in it so i think she kinda feels left out so i wanna make it faster for her help me out guys i have heard you guys are the best

thanks for all the help

FNG

Re: new member
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:43 PM
There really isn't any rebuild kits, per say...you would just have to purchase all the parts yourself.

Check out Jbody Performance and Car Customs for 2.4L motor parts.

Also, welcome to the org

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:21 PM
yep welcome, search in maintenace/performance forums and you should find all sorts of stuff you could do

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:29 PM
does anyone have any idea what that ticking could be it only happens during acceleration and under heavy loads to me it all most sounds like a valve tap but it has over head cams so i would think it couldnt be that what do you guys think

thanks for the welcome
Thursday, October 06, 2005 3:23 AM
hee hee you said member

-Borsty
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:37 AM
Welcome

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:44 AM
How loud is it during acceleration?

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search