lost - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lost
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:21 AM
yeh so i got a cavalier of course right. it's a 99 with almost 160,000 miles on it. what can i say i like to travel alot. it s just ur standard 2.2 sedan. But i'm sure ur wondering is this goin anywhere,... of course. What can i do to improve my engine cause the bitch wont go over 112. automatic as well. cant drive a stick.. yeah laugh all u want. i also own an 89' integra w/ 112,000 miles on it. it's a stick and i dont know how to drive it. sucks to be me huh.

Re: lost
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:28 AM
you're car won't go over 108mph. its designed for idiots like you that try to push it that far. and if you try to push your engine harder by modding it up to be faster, you'll probably blow the damn thing up. its got 160k on it, just beat it til it dies.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:47 AM
Regardless of how good a driver you think you are and how much fun you think it is to be a daredevil, the car simply isn't safe at higher speeds.

The suspension can't hold the road and the brakes can't slow it down.

If you're still determined to bypass the governer, read this and please don't ask here again: http://www.j-body.org/faq//80/

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:03 PM
and that article is why i love when kids get pissy because we won't tell them how to do it.

*bookmarks the link* i'll be using this in chat when folks start demanding info.

pirates kick ninja asses, f00
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:59 PM
wow, that was written extrememly well. who posted that?? i'll be bookmarking it too for future stfu posts to idiots...

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:36 PM
that thing has been around for a while. I remember seeing it when it was on the automotive forums and that was before I became even a regular member here.

it holds true entirely.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:07 PM
Yeah its old but its right on the money. If you can't figure it out on your own it just means you don't know enough about cars in the first place. And if you do know how to do it most of us still don't because theres no reason to. if you can't beat someone by the time you hit 108 then your not ever gonna beat them so just shut it down and move on.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:17 PM
here, guy emailed me shortly after i replied...

Quote:

Subject: Re: [JBO] Re: lost
To: ChvyBowtieGuy68@yahoo.com

i was hoping to put a bigger motor in it but know
which kind to get

if he wanetd to know about motor options he should have been more specific

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 4:33 PM
no need to go that fast. most races are over by the time you hit 85 mph

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:54 PM
if im not wrong i asked the speed limiter question when i first joined....

...wow i was such an idiot...
Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:50 AM
if you plan on going that fast anywhere besides the track, please make sure there is something hard in front of you so you can run into it

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:21 AM
Jackalope wrote:Yeah its old but its right on the money. If you can't figure it out on your own it just means you don't know enough about cars in the first place. And if you do know how to do it most of us still don't because theres no reason to. if you can't beat someone by the time you hit 108 then your not ever gonna beat them so just shut it down and move on.

more like if you cant bea them by 80.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:10 PM
remind me - by doing this, you ALSO make it so the odometer wont count (during the time youve got the vss undone), right? so its illegal, right?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:00 PM
rob (the one with the vette) wrote:remind me - by doing this, you ALSO make it so the odometer wont count (during the time youve got the vss undone), right? so its illegal, right?

yea im 99% sure
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search